• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom Which Dungeon Boss did you Love/Hate? [SPOILERS]

Aside from Ganondorf 1 and 2, Marbled Ghoma has to be my favorite. Despite how absurdly easy it was, for me at least, I enjoyed it.

As for my least favorite, I'm gonna have to say Mothula(Queen Gibdo). I struggled the whole time, mostly with the other Sages all over the place. Especially phase 3(phase 2 inside the dungeon)

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Favorite was colduga for sure

Least favorite was also queen gibdo for the same reason, the lights in the phase two specifically just made it hard to know what was going on. I think they might even patch it cause it's really egregious

Favourite was probably the final boss, Demon Dragon.
Least favourite was definitely the Seized Construct, just so slow and clunky.

I loved all the bosses in this game, easily some of the best in the franchise. Ranking them is tough... Queen Gibdo really made me smile because it was such a frantic chaotic fight. As soon as I saw the beams of light though, my Zelda brain kicked in and I made a mirror shield in order to use it against the queen and her minions. It was very memorable and fun to me. Oh but then there's Gleeok, who is an absolute blast (not a dungeon boss but I don't care)...and Ganondorf...and Colgera...and...yeah no I can't keep this up.

Least favorite (outside of Stone Talus and Hinox, but they're not dungeon bosses) would prolly have to be the seized construct. I think it's a fine fight in its own right, but once you figure out what to do it feels very formulaic and repetitive. That is true for some other bosses but this one lacks the spectacle to carry it. I did smile at how it was a literal boxing ring though.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I loved every boss in the game besides Colduga. It felt way too clunky to fight and it just felt like I was gliding and diving repeatedly until I got into the right position to hit its weak points. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be the Seized Construct. I never expected to have a mech battle in a Zelda game and I thought it was super fun despite how slow Mineru is. The final battle with Ganon is probably tied with that though because it was super epic and was a much better fight than Calamity Ganon in my opinion.

I really loved the fight against Queen Gibdo. While she did kick my butt at first, I slowly learned her patterns and was able to take her down fairly easily after that. I also really liked using my Mirror Shield to stun her. Colgera was another good one-- very easy, yes, but skydiving through the weakpoints while Dragon Roost Island suddenly plays in the background was pretty epic.
I wouldn't say I hated any boss, per se, but Mucktorok can be annoying to fight with all the sludge it spews around. Its jaunty little running cycle did make me laugh though.

Gotta say it: hated the fire temple - not so much because of the temple, but because that damn “goro…goro…goro…goro…”

I hate that word now

and yet he’s the most useful sage too! Every time I find a sediment deposite now I don’t waste weapon durability or bombs

i liked the water and lightning temples, their stories were natural progressions and the characters were likeable, they didn’t feel like a chore. when doing everything in the Gerudo and Zora areas I actually wanted to do all the steps because it was fun, not just to beat the game.

MW7

I'd give the Wind boss an A, the Fire boss a B, and the Water and Lightning bosses a C. I think the Wind boss had a creative fight with multiple ways to defeat it. You can beat it without even using any weapon at all by diving through it which is incredibly satisfying. The music for this fight is also excellent. The Fire boss felt like a pretty typical Zelda boss, and Yunobo feels the most like a traditional Zelda item of the sage abilities. He's basically like a Megaton Hammer with range and cooldown. Water and Lightning I think both suffered from the cooldown of the sages dragging out the fight and making the fights much slower than they could have been. In retrospect I learned that the Water boss could have been more fun if you just use an opal attached to a weapon rather than waiting for Sidon's cooldown to end. Also the Lightning boss has a little more

An idea I had was that the game could have been better if the sages were just replaced with traditional dungeon items since that's essentially how they function. Yunobo would have been a ranged version of the Megaton Hammer, Sidon would have been a water based version of Nayru's Love which also could have been based on a magic meter, Tulin would have been a wind burst item, and Riju would have been like the Ether Medallion from A Link to the Past. Mineru is trickier since the construct itself makes sense to follow you around so maybe that would be unchanged. They all could have been magic based except Mineru so you had a magic meter, except I think Yunobo I would have only made the ranged attack magic based so that you could use his item as a boulder breaker that never breaks which I would have loved.

Ganon(all phases of him) is my favourite dungeon boss if he counts. Seized Construct if he doesn't. Least favourite is Mucktorok; just an annoyance more than anything.

Last edited:
I loved Colgera (A+) and Marbled Gohma (A), they felt like the best of Phantom Hourglass' bosses.

I was medium on Demon Army (B+), Seized Construct ( B ) and Demon Dragon ( B ). Queen Gibdo's hard because I liked her design but hate the fight, so maybe a (B+).

Didn't like Muktorok (C)

Hated Demon King Ganondorf (C-), I've posted about this, thought he was way too easy and poorly characterized to be this game's final boss.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I only finished the 4 temples and haven't beaten the Big G yet so I'll leave him out for now.
Least fav to fav:
Muktorok - this is a boss I don't care about at all.
Coldega - not a bad one but I like the other 2 better. Though I love to fight him again.
Marble Ghoma - a very fun boss but once you know the pattern it's very easy to beat. Still a great boss though.
Queen Gibdo - a really tough cookie. Very challenging. Even when you know her attacks you don't know what's she's gonna use next. I had a tough time beating her but I really loved the fight.

Now I wonder what Big G has in store for me when it's time for him to go :D

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Not counting the final boss which was completely amazing all the way through from start to finish, I loved Colgera the most. The music is phenomenal and a big part of why I love it. Skydiving around it feels so satisfying, too. It might be the easiest but it sure is the most fun.

My least favorite was Mucktorok. In the Water Temple, he's fine, but all the rematches in the Depths are quite a chore without that low gravity to make you more mobile among the sludge. A lot of people seemed to have issues with Queen Gibdo, but I can't really relate. I had no trouble with either of her phases. It just took me a second to realize I shouldn't be running right at her the second she falls cuz of the tornados.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
And one mistake I made while fighting QG was in the sec phase not taking out all enemies. So a few flying Gibdos confused me with QG. I quickly learned to get rid off all enemies besides her after I destroyed all nests

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I think my favorite was probably Colgera. It was an easy battle, but still felt epic and had a really cool atmosphere. I prefer that type of easy over the type in Ganon's third form, which was purely cinematic.
Another one I really liked was Queen Gibdo. It was incredibly difficult but that was probably it's highlight. The light and lightning mechanics were well utilized.
I think the only boss I actively disliked was the water temple one. It wasn't hard per say but it was annoying and tedious. They probably could have done something better there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom