• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which Cartoons Would You Like to See Get a Movie?

We've got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, ATLA (aka the movie that shall not be named) G.I. Joe, George of the Jungle (that was a great movie)even the craptastic Smurfs movie. What would you like to see get its own movie?

She-Ra would be cool.
Jem-truly outrageous! but with the 80s look and sound please.
Biker Mice From Mars might be fun
Gargoyles! X3

That's all I can think atm

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Pinky & The Brain! It's a no-brainer. :D

daduntsh.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'd actually love to see a live action adaptation of the Peanuts. There's a lot of potential there. Though, it would have to be done right, because such an influential and long running story would be easy to ruin.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
A good DBZ movie if that is possible? Maybe a CGI movie? And what about Eek! the Cat? Ed, Edd & Eddy could be ultimate stoner comedy, I'd definetly watch that as well.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
The only one that I think could be a good live-action movie is Sym-Bionic Titan. Besides that I think no cartoon should become a movie. They've been done wrong too many times and I don't think it's worth the risk of having another bad movie.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Well, the ones I really wanted to have a movie already have some movies. If I were to choose one that doesn't though, I'd pick American Dad. It has had some episodes which combined into a movieish experience, but not a full-fledged movie.

Hanyou

didn't build that
[video=youtube;Aw3fN3OPk3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw3fN3OPk3A[/video]

Only if it's good.

Now, yes, Bebop has a movie, but I wasn't satisfied with it. And I'd like to see a live-action adaptation.

I've always loved the style of Cowboy Bebop, and indeed, style is one of the first things you notice about it; from the opening, you know you're in for something special. It draws from various influences, most of them timeless. There's jazz, sci-fi, noir, the western, even a hint of 70s blaxploitation. I count it as the greatest sci-fi show ever, but that might just be because it's one of my favorite shows ever, period.

There's wiggle room there--take Firefly or Star Trek or The Twilight Zone over Cowboy Bebop if you like--but I don't think you can argue against the fact that it's got some real depth. There is so much to its world and its characters that the show can be both subtle and in-your-face at the same time.

The main strength of the show is that it doesn't rely on dialog for its narrative. Many of its best stories are told mostly through visuals and music. Not only does this make it a great television show, but if handled with similar finesse on the big screen, it could make for a great live-action movie.

So how would a movie work? It shouldn't be too obviously high-budget--ditch the excessive CGI--but as gritty and violent as it should be, it should also be stylish. Tarantino-esque, but Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction Tarantino, not Kill Bill Tarantino. That's just going too far.

Structure should function somewhat like the show. Perhaps allow for three individual story arcs with the same characters. The three arcs can be linked by a common plot thread, leading up to a singular climax. Imagine Asteroid Blues and Waltz for Venus, for example, being loosely connected to each other, both dropping hints about Vicious' (the chief villain's) return--leading Spike to confront him in a climax similar to Ballad of Fallen Angels.

If you haven't seen those episodes, just imagine something like the first Sin City (not familiar enough with the second to know if it sticks to formula), but with the same characters in each individual plot.

A movie like this wouldn't be necessary, but I love this universe and just want to see more of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom