• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where is Sailing Actually Fun?

Austin

Austin
Stopping to do something never bothered me.. I mean, you have to stop a lot of the time when you're NOT on a boat (like for arrows or aiming the grappling hook).
But whenever you had to do that you were either in a situation where you could lock on or in a situation where movement wasn't necessary. Imagine having to stop in the middle of an intense battle and take the time to aim carefully with the bow.... assuming that you already don't do something like that.

I probably enjoyed it the first time up until Dragon Roost. Everything after that was BORING. It took forever to get to places, and the music gets really old fast.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
And one last thing. How the hell does my boat jump?

And how the heck does a steam boat jump?:xd:

But I despise sailing, and I was bored of it, right from the beginning (please note that I was, like 4, and I had zero attention span) I usually don't mind traveling for long periods of time, just as long as there was always places to explore and stuff, but I think I always fell asleep when I was sailing, since it was usually nighttime when I played and because of how it bore me to death.

Kybyrian

And one last thing. How the hell does my boat jump?

How does your boat talk to you? How does Link fit so many things in his pockets? Magic!

As for the sailing, it could be pretty fun, but only if you wanted it to be. The sailing itself wasn't really fun, but everything that went along with it could be said as fun. You could at least call it interesting. It could be fun(or interesting, if you prefer) to see a shadow in the distance and have the curiosity to go over to it and discover something new, or to get on those platforms or whatever else in the ocean that could be pretty interesting. You just had to have the curiosity to travel to those shadows in the distance to be able to make the sailing less of a bore than most people think it is.

How does your boat talk to you? How does Link fit so many things in his pockets? Magic!

As for the sailing, it could be pretty fun, but only if you wanted it to be. The sailing itself wasn't really fun, but everything that went along with it could be said as fun. You could at least call it interesting. It could be fun(or interesting, if you prefer) to see a shadow in the distance and have the curiosity to go over to it and discover something new, or to get on those platforms or whatever else in the ocean that could be pretty interesting. You just had to have the curiosity to travel to those shadows in the distance to be able to make the sailing less of a bore than most people think it is.

I completely agree with this, and is really my reason for liking the sailing in WW. I hate the sailing in PH though, as all you done was pick a spot and have it go there. No random sailing or discovering a new island out of the blue, no adventure. Wind Waker's sailing added to the adventure aspect of the game and made it seem like you were actually travelling this massive overworld in search of new places to go. It wasn't so much "fun" as it was exciting, so to speak.

H

Hyper-Red

I completely agree with this, and is really my reason for liking the sailing in WW. I hate the sailing in PH though, as all you done was pick a spot and have it go there. No random sailing or discovering a new island out of the blue, no adventure. Wind Waker's sailing added to the adventure aspect of the game and made it seem like you were actually travelling this massive overworld in search of new places to go. It wasn't so much "fun" as it was exciting, so to speak.

Agreed.

My first run through most of the Zelda games, I hated sailing/traveling from place to place. I always wanted to get it over with and just warp places. But then after the first run, I loved traveling. In WW I always looked forward to finding islands, talking to that fish, and seeing the sunset in the mornings with that pretty music.

Same with TP. I love riding on Epona, using my lantern at night, and shooting things to get better at aiming, instead of using Midna.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I like sailing since it gives more depth to the game. It was cool to pwn pirates, find treasure, and discover islands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom