• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Where does Zelda U rate on your Zelda hype list

I'll always be hyped for a new Zelda, whether it has even been announced or not. But the statement that they would not be showing it at E3 this year, and having it moved to a 2016 release date, really killed any hype that anyone had from seeing the previously shown footage at last year's E3. Much worse are the questions as to why Nintendo would not only put the breaks on Zelda Wii U, but almost seem to suggest that they scrapped what had been shown and are starting over. Maybe it was a graphical style rehaul which would take longer than this year's E3 to prepare a demo for, or maybe it was a complete restart. The worst thing that could happen is a lessening of the scope with which the project seemed to promise. So, I guess its not so much a question of hype at this point as is a sense of concern.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
ZD Champion
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've sort of lost hype for it. I was hyped back in Early December when we saw that Gsme Awards demo, but slowly afterward my hype for it died off. Honestly I wasn't trying to get too hyped for it to begin with, but this lack of news is just plain stupid.

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Even with the delay's its pretty high. Maybe like an 8/10. The most hype I've ever had for a Zelda game was Wind Waker. I didn't even own a GameCube at the time, but after watching the full trailer I was just so enthralled I preordered the game and bout a GC when I picked up the game on release day.

10/10. Everything I hype, even remotely, is a 10/10. Maybe it's because I lead a cold and nihilistic life and can only be stimulated by the empty and exploitative release cycle of big budget projects like these, designed to draw me in, rob me of my wealth, and strip me of my livelihood.

Damn idk.

Honestly though, it's hard for me to tell. I'm thoroughly awed by what this game may or may not come to be; it's like Aonouma's playing me like a fiddle. At the same time, it's often in the back of my mind due to its nonexistent presence in their marketing strategy.

hyruleanhipster

| disbanded from the norm |
I have to say that the lack of information as of late has made my level of anticipation for Zelda Wii U drop significantly. But I will say that in the times where information has released in regard to the game's development, I'm actually hyped up for the game and its release. In moments like now, where we have nothing but what we've already been told, my level of hype is just meh.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I don't have much to hype for, only Fire Emblem if is other that I'm hyped at the moment. So, it's pretty high, even I'm not currently hyping it because lack of information to hype for. It's pretty much passive hyping, I'm hyping more about Fire emblem than Zelda.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have only ever actually waited for Skyward Sword and A Link Between Worlds, so it's not much of a list, lol. I'd say probably:

Skyward Sword
Zelda U
A Link Between Worlds

Zelda U would be at the top if not for the ridiculous lack of information we have on it. We literally just have that E3 presentation last year and the game awards gameplay video thing. That's literally all we have. I am super excited for it, but because of how little we know, and how few and far between the releases of information have been, I haven't been very hyped. I imagine that, based on what we already know, I'll be even more hyped for it than I was for Skyward Sword once it gets closer to release and we start learning more stuff about it.

2MooglesGaming

More fun than a bag of Kupo Nuts!
Honestly though, it's hard for me to tell. I'm thoroughly awed by what this game may or may not come to be; it's like Aonouma's playing me like a fiddle. At the same time, it's often in the back of my mind due to its nonexistent presence in their marketing strategy.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up :p It's hard not to feel like you're falling into the same trap: no updates, no new info, a delayed release date. And yet you're still super excited about it and hardly even mad. Guess we'll see how it all turns out....eventually.

D

Deleted member 81859

I don't have much to hype for, only Fire Emblem if is other that I'm hyped at the moment. So, it's pretty high, even I'm not currently hyping it because lack of information to hype for. It's pretty much passive hyping, I'm hyping more about Fire emblem than Zelda.
Same :)

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I really don't know at this point, things keep shifting around. Honestly, with the very little details about the other than mostly what the game looks like, I can't really judge right now cause:

1) We don't even know when the game will take place in the timeline.

2) We don't know what the title will be.

3) We don't know what the story will be about.

4) We don't know who the villain will be.

And personally, since Nintendo confirmed that we may not see anymore of the game for a very very long long time, I'm pretty to point where I only want to think about Zelda U as we saw last year, only for inspirational reasons, like for any Zelda fan-games I will make. I'm already using some inspiration for a fan-game I am working on. Anyways, other than that, at this point, I really don't care what happens with Zelda U from this point forward. Unless Nintendo changes their mind and decides to show Zelda U at E3 after all, I really don't care anymore. Like I said, at this point, I mostly only like the 2014 version of Zelda U mostly because that's the only version of the game we may ever know of (that would've actually been a good game like the others anyways).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom