• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Where Are Your Ancestors From?

Stella3000

Starlight
Most of my ancestors are from Norway. However, I also have ancestors from Ireland (quite a bit from here, actually. We were able to trace back our last name to an Irish family's last name that was a bit different from ours now. It was 'Wraithbone'.), and then I have some ancestors from Germany.

I believe that my ancestors on my dad's side of the family came from England way back, and the ones on my mom's side came from Germany. At least that's what I was told when I was younger. I wish I knew more about it, but I never really think to ask.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Spain and Japan. That's it. :/

My adoptive father, on the other hand, is Native American, and so was his adoptive father. His adoptive mother is of the Page (dunno if that's the proper spelling) family, which is some rich family with ties to England.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Apparently, if you go back far enough (as in hundreds/a thousand?) years, my family may have been in Scandinavia. I think that's pretty neat. It would definately add some interest to my quite boring heritage.

L

Liah

As far as I know, I'm 100% Samoan, baby ;D. I've been told I miiiiiiiight have some Niuen or even German blood, but no-one knows for sure. So, ya, I'm a tropical island gal livin' in New Zealand at the mo'.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I use the two generation rule to decide. Meaning, if your grandparents were born in a America, and your parents lived in America, you are American. Otherwise it gets too complicated. Like the Native Americans... How Native are they? They likely came here sometime before since history leads us to believe civilization started in the present day middle east... and humanity apparently started in Africa. So are we all Africans? Middle Eastern?

I was born in America but my parents are Armenian. For all common purposes, I consider myself a 100% American born Patriot. :)

The direct family line is Scots but we've intermarried a bunch so there all kinds of things in my history.. I even have family in Peru and the Philippines.

S

Spreeze

I'm 50% Norwegian, 25% English, 25% German, according to my parents.
Most people in Minnesota are Scandinavian... o_O

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oye chicos and chicas this is so confusing my ancestors are from just about everywhere. ill just name the biggest ones. cuba, checklasalvackia (never could spell that), italy, america (native american), and ireland just to name a few. And yeah im the muttiest of mutts... YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT CHICO/CHICA?!?!?!?!?

Bob Majinki

Deku Director
*points to avatar*

Aside from that, Greece and Turkey, and very very very distant East Asian ancestry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom