• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time When Did You Know It Was Epic?

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Ocarina of Time is a classic game, one of the greatest ever. It was one of the most anticipated releases of alltime and for good reason. Something I would like to know is, when did you figure out that this game was going to be epic?

It hit me when for the first time I drew the Master sword and Link transformed into his adult form. The game just kept getting better and better from that moment on.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I actually didn't knew that it was going to be this epic. Like the scene where he drew the Master Sword and and he grew older. And the ending battle with Ganondorf. Those scenes were the most epic scenes I've seen. I didn't knew that OoT was going to be this epic

When I read the text "In the vast, deep forest of Hyrule..."

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I knew the game was going to epic when I first the opening sequence and then I waited awhile and the video with Koume and Kotake came on.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I watched my friend play the first three dungeons one day (and when Ganondorf got the Triforce) and I thought, "I've got to get this game." So, I guess it was then I knew it was epic. (Funny, though, I only remember a few bits and pieces of it, like getting the Kokiri Sword, Jabu Jabu, the Temple of Time and Ganondorf. And a little bit of Adult Link playing the Ocarina.)

I didn't get it until a while later, actually. I don't know when I watched my friend play it, but I got the game used in '99. Same kinda thing with Majora's Mask. I had no idea about either game until I saw them. (Actually, I'd heard about Majora's Mask before I saw it. So, whatever. But I bought Oracle of Ages before MM. :xd:) I also didn't have an expansion pack before I got MM. I told my cousins at some family reunion, they said they had one and they'd bring it to me, but they live in Florida, so I had to wait until Thanksgiving. ...Which was quite a few months away. It was agonizing...

Oh, yeah, thing is, a different friend showed me Majora's Mask on the GameCube Collector's Edition, so I didn't play it for quite a while after it came out. I can't remember if I already had the game when he showed me or not, though... Anyway, when I played Majora's Mask, that's probably when I truly became a Zelda fan.

Last edited:

Jedizora

:right:
When link took those fateful first steps out of the forest, I knew I was playing something Special.

OcarinaSword

Never Give up
Well when i first saw zelda i thought it was girl games (hahah) but now i no and right when i played it i said "wow" and "WOW this game is epic" so yea this is a epic game

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Literally as soon as a started playing OoT I knew it could only get better. I mean, the game had so much positive feedback that I thought I absolutely had to get it. So lucky for me my cousin was so kind as to lend me the game. I remember seeing the title screen and a grin just exploded onto my face, despite the game's age. The fact that it is old really does not bother me, it's an epic game! Something about it just drew me in from the start, it had a brilliant first feeling of freedom to it. Then you see Link riding Epona with the lovely music and you lean forward on your chair in anticipation.

When I got playing my opinion of the game got higher, even at the first dungeon I knew I was going to love the rest of the game. I suppose the actual moment where I knew it was truly epic was when I took my (or Link took his) first few steps into the Deku Tree. I knew there was something better than handhelds. After playing through the dungeon I suppose I knew it was classic Zelda, and I loved it. I am still playing OoT now and my opinion of the game has not decreased in the slightest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom