• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time When Did You Know It Was Epic?

tecknokid900

All Hail Yhtomit!
Well I heard How good It was and when I tried it, I loved it!(even though I couldn't figure out where the Kokiri sword was) it was extremely fun and I loved the music! I found out it was going to be Epic the first hour I played it.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
For me, it was after completing the Deku Tree and watching the 3 Goddesses cutscene. I already had a feeling it was gonna be a great game going by the previews and whatnot, and after getting a first taste of the 3D gameplay and first dungeon, I knew I was in for a great game. But after watching that first big cutscene when the Deku Tree lays everything out for Link, I knew then that I was in for an epic game.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I knew it was going to be epic just after I beat Gohma and the Deku Tree spoke of Ganondorf. This was the game that got me hooked on the series, and it was DEFINITELY epic all the way through.

I knew it was epic when I was in first or second grade. My friend had that game, and I went to his house. We played it, and I thought, "This game is frickin' awesome." Then, for the rest of the year, I always invited him to my house and told him to bring 'that game', because back then, I didn't realize it was Zelda.

TwilightMaster7

~Master of Twilight~
I knew it was epic when I played it the 2nd time.
I thought it was more epic when I played it on the Nintendo Wii.
I thought it was extremely epic when I played Hyrule Field's Theme on my surround sound system. :D

M

MushroomBoy64

I found it epic when Link had the dream when Hyrule Castle was attacked, and Zelda was riding out of it with Impa, as well as when the Deku Tree first mentioned the actual legend of the Triforce (with Ganondorf riding his horse through the flames along with the three goddesses: Din, Nayru, and Farore), and then it became even more epic when Link pulled out the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, allowing Ganondorf to get the Triforce from the Sacred Realm to make himself the "King of Evil". It got better and better from that point on.

This is a game that I will never stop playing like all other Zelda games. Ocarina of Time, with no doubt at all, is my #1 favorite Zelda games out of the series of all time. I'm so glad Nintendo is remaking it in 3D for the new Nintendo 3DS.

A

anduril

When i took my first few steps into the deku tree and the music came on i knew it could only get better.

when did i know? when my friends never stopped talking about it, looking back now i realize they're a bunch of ocarina of time fanboys that can't appreciate the rest of the games in the series. when i first played it on the collectors disc it didn't seem be too much of a game at first. It took me until i got to the master sword to realize the game is awesome. in my opinion i wouldn't go as far as calling epic because to me it was a step below epic. It wasn't as good to me as my friends made it out be, and in a way my friends spoiled the game for me.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I have to agree with anarchistbigred on this one,
even though OoT was my first LoZ game ever I thought MM was much better but not by much.

When I first saw the opening scene!

No!

When I first saw Hyrule Field!

No!

When I first traveled through time!

No!

When I finally beat Ganon!

No!

None of these, really. I never really found it...."epic"...but just a really good game that kept my interest going. I was sure fascinated playing through it, but there was never really a defining moment for it.

I found the scene with Karariko on fire to be pretty epic. Until then the game was only good with catchy music, but that cutscene made it epic for me.

D

Driorianos

Link's Awakening, when I was like seven or eight years old and had to revive that Rooster. That was my moment of "Totally. Epic." in childisher terms.

I wasn't a fan though. I was too uninformed for that. Instead, when OoT came out, I was actually unaware of it's relation to Link's Awakening. I had a friend who's brothers had it and she was showing it off to me... she died in the Fire Temple like, ten times and finally was all 'Like you can do better' and I beat it the temple in less than twenty minutes. OoT Fire Temple was easy, yes, but nevertheless I'm fond of that moment. The triumph made me buy it, and play it through... Then I was netted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom