• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favourite Fighting Game?

There are a lot of good fighters in this world. Some were revolutionary, and some have been forgotten. So what's your favourite fighting game. Mine is Mortal Kombat. The Fatalities are something that nobody thought of, and they caused a lot of controversy at the time. From Liu Kang's suckish roundhouse kick, to Sub-zero's Tearing off your head, they were still awesome. The controls work great, and It's a game that's easy to learn, but hard to master. But that's just my opinion.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Killer Instinct Gold. I loved the control scheme for it .. it made the fighting just so smooth and natural feeling.

I definitely played my share of MK and spent a lot of money on MK2 at the arcade, but overall I liked KI better.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm gonna have to go with Super Street Fighter II, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and soon to be added is Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Killer Instinct Gold. I loved the control scheme for it .. it made the fighting just so smooth and natural feeling.

I definitely played my share of MK and spent a lot of money on MK2 at the arcade, but overall I liked KI better.

Killer Instinct was amazing! I was afraid no one was gonna mention it. The Super Smash Bros trilogy is my favorite though. I like Street Fight and Mortal combat as well, i would like to try Marvel vs Capcom sometime.

I actually play Street Fighter competitively (but I suck)

Super Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter 3rd Strike
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Tekken 2
Street Fighter 2 Hyper
Marvel vs Capcom 2
King of Fighters XI
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

And let me tell you about the fatalities in MK, in tournaments they don't do fatalities
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swynGNAhL-Y&t=8m2s

I'd say the Gamecube's two best: Soul Calibur 2 and Melee.
Soul Calibur 2 offers a great selection of characters that all have evenly balanced downsides and good sides (except Charade and Cassandra who I find are horrible fighters both when I play as them and against them) and whenever I introduce my friends, they instantaneously get the gist of how to play. Heck, I remember having a friend over, who after just being introduced to the game, beat my record in Survival mode. I find my best characters are Link, Cervantes, Necrid, Nightmare, Voldo, and Astaroth. However I do occasionally play as Kilik in a mission.
Melee is just awesome. Great controls (as opposed to Brawl's feather-weight controls) great graphics (the smoothness and purity in the textures are all great, and they remind me of a couple games on the glorious Dreamcast) great gameplay (I've been playing the game for over a decade, and I have yet to be sick of it) great music (the Fire Emblem track did a good job of turning a dire conversation theme into a raucuous battle theme) and great character selection (I don't suck with anyone in Melee.) Also, the multiplayer is sublime. Whenever I have friends over, they start out whining for Brawl, but by the end of it, they usually walk away saying they had more fun in Melee.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Super Smash Bros series. I'm still trying to decide between Melee and Brawl but right now I'm leaning towards brawl. I had too much fun being young Link in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom