• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

What's Your Favorite Zelda Game?

• The Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Ages

• Oracle of Seasons

• The Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• The Minish Cap

• Twilight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My views are fluctuating a bit as I look over each and every title I've played thus far, but so far my favorite Zelda is tied for Ocarina of Time as well as Skyward Sword, A Link to the Past and The Wind Waker.

I've only really finished a handful of Zelda games (Bias decision would be Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword) so I will decide upon this when I finish a couple more games.

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
Ocarina of time for sure. just look at my name..
It's the first game i played and i still play it atleast once in a week so i completed the game a 100%. and not just some 100%
but i opened EVERY chest wich can be opened, i unlocked EVERY door wich can be opened and so on..

J

jjstraka

This is a hard question....the first Zelda game I ever played was Link's Awakening, and I've never had a gaming experience like it. I was young at the time, and I often had to put the game down for days or even weeks and come back with fresh eyes and thoughts to keep progressing (no internet walk-through, no strategy guide). I'd say it took we well over a year to complete that game, possibly two. There were times I thought I never would, but when I finally climbed up to release the Wind Fish from his egg....nothing will ever top that for me.

What almost did was A Link to the Past. Once again I insisted on doing the whole thing without any outside knowledge, but since I was a couple years older and had one Zelda game under my belt it wasn't quite as challenging. But the memories are the same, and I believe if I went back and played it now I'd be even more impressed.

All that being said, it is also very hard to argue with the sheer perfection of the N64 titles, from the fact that they are truly a companion piece (something which no other two Zelda titles are....well the Oracles, which are also a wonderful progression of the Link's Awakening engine, all three are such charming games) to their sheer design mastery. Ocarina of Time is the quintessential epic quest, and Majora's Mask is the dark sequel, it's Empire Strikes Back or Temple of Doom. No one should play one and not the other.

So yeah, in order, all of them separated by razor-thin margins:

1.) Link's Awakening
2.) A Link to the Past
3.) Majora's Mask
4.) Ocarina of Time

Honorable mentions to the Oracle games and Minish Cap for allowing us relive Link's Awakening and A Link to the Past in new scenarios. Would LOVE to try Wind Waker someday, as I have a feeling it would have a chance of being one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

linkismaBFF

Twilight Princess is, and will always be (unless I change my mind) my favorite Zelda game. I love how Nintendo made the graphics so realistic. Best game ever!!!

M

Meatball27

Aw, Wand of Gamelon isn't on there? D: That's my favorite! D: Ha, just kidding. I'm sure none of you fell for that, considering how horrible WoG is... Anywho, Majora's Mask has always kept me going with it's awesome storyline and characters. So that's my vote. :P

Z

ZeldaKingTonsor

I definitely say 100% majoras mask! I mean the way it just includes so many sidequests that can only be done at certain times each day... For being made in 2000 it is a pretty freeking good game

T

tomchristie22

This isn't an easy question... Interesting that the 3D titles have far more votes than the others. I think my favourite overall would have to be Ocarina, as obvious a choice as it is. I'd put Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, ALTTP, and Twilight Princess very closely behind it though, so it's pretty futile to even try and choose.

R

red devil 965

Ok there should actually be one more vote for a link to the past and one less for links awakening (accidentally clicked wrong one) so needless to say I choose a link to the past.

Ok there should actually be one more vote for a link to the past and one less for links awakening (accidentally clicked wrong one) so needless to say I choose a link to the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mog of war

All out WIND WAKER bro!!! the cel-shaded art was incredible!! and the king of red lions was coo. (cause he doesn't talk ALL the time ;) ) also, ganon was EPIC!!!

S

shabreeze

The fact that A Link to the Past has less than 10% in the poll and Skyward Sword has over 30% is repulsive.

The fact that A Link to the Past has less than 10% in the poll and Skyward Sword has over 30% is repulsive.

Honestly alot of people on here weren't even born and if they were they were like 1 or 2 when alttp came out so that probably has alot to do with it.
Not to say they don't like it or think it's an awesome game but if what got them into Zelda was the WII or even the N64 versions going back to play the older top down stuff isn't going to have the same magic that it did when it was brand new and set the bar for action adventure games in the early 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom