• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the Scariest Game You've Ever Played?

Tictalk

Anouki
so, like the title says, what's the scariest game you've ever played and what makes it scary? For me I'd say Resident evil 4 simply because after chapter 3 it gets really intense and dark. I found my self really jittery so even thought there weren't any jump-out-screaming parts, id say it was pretu scary. What do you think?

I don't play a lot of horror games honestly, so my choices will probably be pretty ''lame'' to a lot of people. Quite frankly I am a big scaredy cat with horror in general. I am always the one with one eye closed and my hands partly covering my face during tense moments in movies. Anyways with that said the scariest game I personally ever played was Resident Evil 4. I think it was the fact that I couldn't run and shoot at the same time that really added to that sense of dread as these lumbering monstrosities came towards you. I always managed to back myself into a corner and with my claustrophobia added to that it just did me in.

I don't think I ever ended up beating the game. At some point it just became too stressful for me and I turned it off. I play games as a form of escape, not to give me a heart attack. I'm a big wuss I know. Honorable mention goes to the original Diablo. Even today I find it to be a very atmospheric game and can be quite tense and creepy at times. I vividly remember my first encounter with the Butcher as a kid. Terrifying!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would have to say the Resident Evil series. They are those kind of games that you never know what is going to be around the next corner, even though you have an idea, you are still on edge.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Oh, this is easy. The scariest game I've ever played is Silent Hill 2. I was much younger when I first played it so perhaps my younger mind found it scarier than it really is, but it definitely left an impression on me. It's like putting Resident Evil, Paranormal Activity, and a spooky Stephen King movie all in one game.

Last edited:
Oh, this is easy. The scariest game I've ever played is Silent Hill 2. I was much younger when I first played it so perhaps my younger mind found it scarier than it really is, but it definitely left an impression on me. It's like putting Resident Evil, Paranormal Activity, and a spooky Stephen King movie all in one game.

OHOHOHO, THIS TIMES TEN. Silent Hill 2 scared the poop out of me when I played it. I've never played a game before or since that had such a lonesome atmosphere.

the first resident evil on the gamecube. i dont play a lot of scary games so there isnt much choice for me but this one scared the crap out of me :P

Silent Hill 2 still scares me to this day. I've played other horror games that creeped me out, but SH2 caused me to have nightmares and lose sleep.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Resident Evil Zero-Code Veronica X. The old style of Resident Evil was so great because it wasn't the images presented in the game that made it scary, but the way the game is played. Almost everything was limited. Ammo, movement, sight, amount of saves, etc. Sure, some of the graphic images added to it, but that wasn't the scary part. The scary part was not being able to see what's around the corner but hearing growls or movement. Seeing dead bodies on the ground not knowing if they're going to jump up at you. Trying not to shoot or kill every enemy in sight because of how scarce ammo is. The loud music that plays whenever something you want to avoid is near. It's those things, and more that made Resident Evil the definition of survival horror.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom