• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's the longest you've ever travelled?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Not necessarily the distance but just the time. I once took a train from my old hometown to Berlin (9 hours) and then a plane from Berlin to New York (6 hours) and from New York to LA (5.30 hours). So a total of 20 and a half hours travelling. This friday I'll come close to the 22 hours travelling. But I won't complain :D

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Longest in distance or time?

Distance wise, I once flew from where I live in SC to DC, and then flew from there to San Francisco. It took about 6 hours.

Time wise, I went on a road trip from SC to New Mexico which took a few days.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Been almost 10 years since I really traveled, and I've never traveled overly long. I think the longest one in time was an over 8 hour drive when I was ten. We were up in the northern part of Sweden and was starting to go back down home. One of those days of going back home we just kept going for so long (with breaks of course)

I took a train in Poland which took me from Zakopane to Bydgoszcz. I don't remember how long the travel was and I think it was somewhere between 24-28 hours or maybe longer.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
My family once went on a road trip to Ohio. My mom doesn’t like driving at night and I don’t know exactly how long we drove each day. The first day was from Arizona to New Mexico, next day was New Mexico to Kansas, then Kansas to Illinois. We stayed in Illinois for a couple days with my aunt and then it was like 3 hours to drive to Ohio from there. That was definitely my longest even though it was segmented

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
The longest I have ever travelled has been between Sydney to Sapporo which is about 8600km and takes about 12-13 hours including a layover in Tokyo. Beijing also was also somewhat around the same distance/time as that.

Hylian Viking

A modern day Hyrule warrior mean mean stride.
Longest I traveled by aircraft was from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (That flight took nearly 11 hours from when I took off from France to when I landed back in the States in Texas.) I was extremely jet-lagged and also pretty uncomfortable being confined to a cramped Economy Class seat with little in the lines of in-flight entertainment.

My longest trip by road on the other hand was when I drove from to North Carolina to California and Arizona (By way of Kansas City, Denver, and Utah) I remember vividly on the trek back to North Carolina I drove from Central Texas to North Carolina and I drove through the night. I remember when I got back to my place in North Carolina it was the next day and after making breakfast for myself I collapsed right into my bed and nearly instantly fell asleep. Honestly I should of pulled off somewhere in Arkansas or Tennessee instead of going across the Appalachian mountains into North Carolina.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Wow, you guys have been a lot of places. The only places I've traveled to are lower New York, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. All of those only take me 2-3 hours to get to. Hoping to take some longer trips eventually tho as there some other countries I would love to visit.

A few days when I was a kid, driving from Arizona to Nebraska, stayed in Nebraska over the summer, then continued up to Minnesota where I live currently. I don't remember it super well, so when it comes to things a remember more clearly, my family occasionally makes the twelve-hour drive back to Nebraska since my dad has relatives there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom