• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask What's So Great About Majoras Mask? (Just Wondering)

B

Blacksorrow24

It all depends on what you appreciate Zelda for! If its for enemies, character design, items, and graphics; you may not care for it! But If you like it for Dungeon design, storyline, gameplay, and uniqueness, then you'll love Majora's mask!

R

Ray

MM is great because it gives you so many ways to play in the HUB world and there are a lot of puzzles.

the fact that you can reset time and that certain missions are only acceptable during certain times is amazing, plus a darker mood, not as dark as TP but still menacing

shaymin1

Derp.
The game is wonderful and wierd, it has a dark storyline, generaly hard to beat, the enemies are cool and so are the bosses and weapons
This is the main reason why a lot of people liked the game. Having a dark storyline was something that Ocarina of Time did not have.

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
Even though I've come to the conclusion that I'll never beat it, I still like to walk around and talk to people. It's interesting because everyone is in different places at different times.
It's not one of my favorite games, but I like it.

For me, the draw for MM is the tone of the game. The graphics are bright, and almost cheerful, but the tone of the game is dark and dim.

I and most everyone else loved it because it was so dark in an eerie and childish sort of way. Definitley the most unique of the Zelda games and the one that strayed the most from the standad " basic Zelda story" It had rich charecter, an amazing villai, and the reason so many people are pushing for the remake is because they know Nintendo will ever make anything like it again.
I have to agree completely. There was a lot of stuff to do. And it was fun tapping into the dark, twisted alter-reality of hyrule, fighting off aliens and resetting when the moon falls; the happy mask salesman, and that dancing mask. It was filled with so much trolling, and madness. And the end of the game when you meet with the child on the moon. He asks you to play a game with him "You be the bad guy and I'll be the good guy," he tells you, which threw another dark twist, more madness into the fire. It was a game that tested your sanity (or at least if I were Link and I transformed into all these different races and felt all the troubles they went through, etc (for example, everyone hates the Deku and everyone loves the Zoras in town). Loved all the side missiosn too though; you got the see the world in so many different perspectives.

It's not just a copy of OoT, the game is almost like a dream explaining reality; Majora's Mask is the dream to Ocarina of Time's reality. I guess you'll have to ask yourself this: Can there really be a reality without fantasy?

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Everyone has their own opinion about it. But honestly the thing that I loved about it the most was that it had the same control features and graphics of Ocarina of Time. Plus all the music in it was genious and the fact you can ride Epona as Young Link. You have know idea how hard I tried to ride her as Young Link in Ocarina of Time.

I dont think Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are similar at all. The artstyle is the same but the rest is very different. Probably the biggest thing that made Majoras Mask so great for me, was the difficulty. Skyward Sword was way to easy and they should learn from Majoras Mask the next time they make a new Zelda game. Thats my opinions atleast, I like a good challenge rather then being half asleep while crushing through the game without dying until the last boss. Makes it alot more fun when you eventually beat the game aswell. Nothing is more delightful then to beat a really hard and long game.

Pen

The game is on!
People seem to rave over it, and it seems like an OoT clone.I do play it, but what's so great about it?

I felt the exact same way about a year ago, before I had beaten the game. To be honest I didn't like the game until I reached Great Bay about half way in. Ones I did though I loved the game! Since then I've replayed the game and I did enjoy the first half of the game the second time around.

Majora's Mask is an odd little game in the Zelda series which might look very light and happy on the surface, however, ones you get into the game you quickly realize how dark and sad the story really is. And I think Nintendo did that part very well indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom