• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Zelda Game Has the Best Penultimate Dungeon?

What Zelda Game has the Best Penultimate Dungeon?

• LOZ: Lion Labyrinth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AOL: Three Eye Rock Palace

• ALTTP: Turtle Rock

• LA: Turtle Rock

• OOT: Spirit Temple

• MM: Stone Tower Temple

• OOS: Sword & Shield Maze

• OOA: Ancient Tomb

• FS: Death Mountain

• WW: Wind Temple

• FSA: Tower of Winds

• MC: Palace of Winds

• TP: Palace of Twilight

• PH: Mutoh's Temple

• ST: Sand Temple

• SS: Fire Sanctuary

• Total voters
What game has the best second-to-last dungeon, or in other words, the dungeon before that which contains the final boss? Generally, this is a full-length dungeon with an item and boss other than the final boss. I would consider Stone Tower Temple the penultimate MM dungeon for instance, because Majora is battled on the moon.

That is a very good dungeon. Could you add your vote to the poll though? Thanks!
Personally, I like The Palace of Winds best from Minish Cap. Its outdoors setting with the blue carpet platforms and flying and a great boss battle made it my favorite.

MW7

Stone Tower Temple was the best. I also enjoyed the Spirit Temple, Palace of Winds, and the Lion very much.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
Stone Tower Temple, no doubt. The only competition for what my favorite dungeon overall would be the Ancient Cistern, Snowpeak Ruins, and the Sandship, none of which are penultimate dungeons.

Top 3

1. Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask)
2. Spirit Temple (Ocarina of Time)
3. Sand Temple (Spirit Tracks)

All three dungeons were heavily puzzle oriented and required the player to think in new and creative ways. Loved them!

Also, wow, I must be stupid but I never realized ALttP and LA both had the same penultimate dungeon.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was torn between the Spirit Temple, Stone Tower Temple and the Fire Sanctuary but in the end I voted Stone Tower Temple.

I just loved the whole dungeon. I loved how difficult it was and I loved the idea of flipping the dungeon upside down. I loved the whole statue thing and I loved climbing up to the Tower entrance.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Almost went for Stone Tower Temple (MM), but I went for Spirit Temple (OOT) instead. I like its use of Young and Adult Link, and its boss is actually fun to fight.

I didn't like Twilight Princess much, but I really liked how Palace of Twilight set the tone for the final dungeon, even if the item upgrade was completely useless.(Light Master Sword, really?) I should really finish Majoras Mask so I can see what this Stone Tower Temple is about!

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
Stone Tower Temple. Not only was it a great dungeon, it was shrouded in mystery, which added to the atmosphere of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom