• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Would You Change?

D

Dirty Link

lol well if it was smaller i probably wouldnt have cared as much but the wolf was a huge part of the game especially in beginning. I just could never grasp how it was a cool idea to do this it just seemed a lot less epic. W/e like i said im more jealous then annoyed of people who like it because i want to like the game. One thing that has to change also is the level of difficulty, the bosses couldnt have been easier if they just laid there w/a hit me sign. Also i think ganondorf was a terrible twist. Hes getting old. He does the same stuff and always fails. Either scrap him or innovate him but hes getting hard to take serious at this point. Zant was better off by himself

The striking similarity to Ocarina of Time. I still think Ocarina of Time is better because Twilight Princess does little to innovate the series.
?

Twilight Princess is very, very similar to Ocarina of Time, I'll agree with you there. But I thought TP brought forth a lot of good ideas. It never made huge innovations in the gameplay, but I think most of us would like to keep the old system anyway. They added the wolf for gameplay variety, and that they added a lot of innovation and polish to the little things.

As far as the big picture goes, you're right, it's not very innovative. But I also thought that TP's strength was the little things, the little new ideas and refinements here and there. I tend to feel that's where it shines. But that's just me, I suppose.

I still agree with you that OoT is an overall better game, though. ;)

I think the bosses and temples should be harder. I want the fire costume back, I missed it! Magic meter would also be nice to see back and more sidequest I guess. Although it was a long game which took like minimal 40 hours? I think there were to less sidequest...

T

Tily

I know I will get flamed for this, but these are just my two cents. These are not what most people want and I already know that.

First of all, I do agree with the majority of posts here. Some of the most unique items to ever be in a Zelda game were also the most underused items as well. The dominion rod, the spinner, even the ball and chain needed a lot more screen time. I personally WISHED so badly that I would stumble into some secret rollercoaster-type course designed just for the spinner anywhere in the game but alas, I never found one, save for the small one in the dungeon in which you found it. I even went back to the dungeon at one point just so I could use the spinner in that one place, because it is a very fun item! It really is! The same goes for the dominion rod: it is fun, but the thing is you don't use it enough, and it would be nice if they gave it more screen time imo. I personally wished the ball and chain to not be USED more often but make it less heavy and so unwieldy so that I could use it in an actual battle if I ever wished, because It's just awesome smashing an enemy with a ball and chain but when it's just so difficult to use it really does take the fun out of it.

I also wanted the combat system in Windwaker as well. I loved the fact that you actually could have different combos besides the "stab stab stab STAB" combo or the "front slash - front slash - front slash - FRONT SLASH" combo that honestly could get repetitive for me after a while. Still, I love Zelda, I loved OoT and MM even though that's the extent of their combos it was still fun, but that was then and this is now. I'm not asking for Zelda May Cry here (I don't want 75 hit combos, don't get me wrong), but in WW, for example, the combo system was dependent on how you tilted the control stick. Even though that is a very lazy way to make different combos it was something. It was different. I don't remember if TP had different combos but if it did, then they weren't as cool to use as WW, which disappointed me. It shouldn't be hard designing different combos for different control stick inputs; just maybe one or two more combos, that's all, for some variety. I would also like to change the helm splitter too. One person said make it so you press A then B in midair and personally, I think that would be perfect, seeing as the neutral A is already a lunge. All in all, add new attacks as you progress and make the combat system just a bit less shallow.

Another thing I always secretly wished for ever since WW (They really did a lot of things right with that game imo) was secret dungeons. It'd be nice to have some mini dungeons after you beat or even before you beat the main ones in the story to go through and have fun with in your spare time. The secret dungeons don't have to be amazing or special, but I'd like it if they took some time and putting some kind of a boss in them would also make me happy. I personally want secret dungeons with secret bosses and secret items you could get. Knowing Zelda team, they'll probably just put in Piece of Hearts in the secret dungeons but... I dunno, a bottle, some kind of new item, anything would work for me besides the usual Piece of Heart.

Some things that really disappointed me with TP were the lack of screen time for Epona and the boring Wolf Quests. When I got Epona in the game it was so... not dramatic. In fact, I barely needed her, since I could very easily transform into Wolf Link and run or warp to wherever I needed to go to. Even though Wolf Link is not as fast as Epona, you still get the point. If you put Epona in the next Zelda game, try not to have Wolf Link making her obsolete, or at least make us do something as crazy as in OoT to save Epona.

The Wolf quests.. Ehh, I'm not going to lie. When I played them for the first time, I did not say to myself "God this is boring" but when I think about it, I can see that they really did slow the game down for me, as well as other people. Give Wolf Link more attacks. I mean, you had over 4 YEARS to work on this game! It shouldn't be that hard to think of something for Wolf Link. Midna being able to attack is a step in the right direction, but giving her a one hit KO attack is plain lazy. You can use wolf claws, you can have chases with Wolf Link, etc. It's okay if you can't make one on one combat funner, make Wolf Link do different objectives instead for fun.

I also would personally love a return of the parry attacks from WW, but again, that's just me.

Another thing that I (and others) have come up with is the possibility of Werewolf Link, as opposed to Wolf Link. He would be a lot cooler, it would make more sense that people and Gorons be afraid of him, and his attacks wouldn't send him forward. The senses would still be in the game, he could actually use items like this, and it would fit more with the theme TP had.

Uh... Wolf Link was already pushing it pretty badly, and turning him into Werewolf Link might be taking it too far. I don't see how he would be cooler, that's just a matter of opinion, though his attacks would be nicer and easier to use. I may be biased after seeing SEGA recently failing at turning their blue hedgehog into a werewolf and failing badly, but I don't see how Wolf Link would be cooler in any way.

Though, despite all of what I said, playing the Sun's Song and turning the day into night just to have Link transform into Wolf Link would be very awesome!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The characters and the storyline.

I absolutely hate seeing Link get bossed around by Ilia near the beginning... it makes him seem so pathetic. I prefer Link to be more of a loner. Maybe just have Link distract Ilia while he jumps onto Epona's back (after that wink from the Mayor), and then the Mayor or Rusl tosses him the sword as he rides out of the village. Ilia would be standing there fuming going "Oh, YOU...!" That would have been SO much cooler and funnier to watch. She would have forgiven him by the time she regained her memory, anyway.

Another thing I'd like is to have a section in the game where Midna actually betrays you. Her character development is too stagnant as it is, progressing from superior straight towards loyal for no apparent reason. She's calculating enough to betray you, yet she doesn't... which seems like a waste of depth. I propose an idea where you find the Master Sword in the Temple of Time instead of the Dominion Rod (which could be hidden elsewhere), and in that room... you face off against Midna instead of the standard Darknut mini-boss (who, as a shadow creature, turns into Dark Link for the battle). Then, maybe she comes back around, or maybe she's an enemy from then on.

I don't care for the faceless Light Spirits, either. I would want the Light Spirits to not manifest at first... but then after you got all the tears of light, you'd realize that... the Monkey who led you through the fog (or the possessed one) was the Light Spirit of Faron. The Lanayru one could be the Zora Queen who died, or Prince Ralis (depending on whether we're using dead or living people). The Eldin one could be that Goron elder you have to free from the form of Fyrus or something. Are you seeing what I mean?

The final change that I think needs to be made... is to get rid of all those wandering people you can't talk to in Hyrule Castle Town. They should either add dialogue to those people, or take them out, make the town smaller, and add a few extra towns to the game.

If I could change one thing about the game it would be the story. The last 2/3's of the game seemed pretty watered down story wise. Especially when it comes to Zant and Ganondorf. I wish they would have developed Zant into a better enemy than he ended up. I wouldn't have minded if Ganondorf was not the main enemy.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I would probably change the difficulty level of all the bosses in the game. Especially Zant. He felt to me to be very simple and easy. I'd probably also make the enemies harder and the Shadow Messengers a little more difficult.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, I might change the time for which you are in wolf form at the begining. It is quite a long time really, and all I wanted then was to be normal Link again, but that isn't a big issue...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
To be honest, I hated how the beginning of the game ran. I really think that getting to the main point took forever to get to. The dungeons were another big thing I would change. I hated how they were short, easy, and not filled with much. The bosses needed a huge tuning up on difficulty. It took me one minute to beat almost every single boss. The areas needed to be so much more. There were blank sections with nothing going on or there weren't enough enemies. The enemies were another thing. I really disliked how simple they were. All you had to do was hit them two times and BAM! they were dead. This game was fantastic overall, but a few tune-ups would have made it a lot better.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I would have made the overworld a little more vast.
BUT, at the same time introducing so much more to do in there.
Hyrule Field was severely lacking in entertainment in TP.

If I could change one thing about the game it would be the story. The last 2/3's of the game seemed pretty watered down story wise. Especially when it comes to Zant and Ganondorf. I wish they would have developed Zant into a better enemy than he ended up. I wouldn't have minded if Ganondorf was not the main enemy.
Yeah, I kind of agree, especially about Zant and Ganondorf. I tend to like the story, but I felt there was something... off... about everything involving Ganondorf. The climax was epic, but unusual. Like it didn't fit. In general I don't think Ganondorf should have even been in the game. The story should have only had Zant as the villain, IMO.

I would probably change the difficulty level of all the bosses in the game. Especially Zant. He felt to me to be very simple and easy. I'd probably also make the enemies harder and the Shadow Messengers a little more difficult.
The boss difficulty was a major issue for me too. It's ironic because I had the same difficulty problems with WW, but the thing about TP is that the enemies in general were more difficult than the ones in WW, whereas WW had harder bosses than TP. :xd:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I for one would add more stuff than change things in TP.

1) The enemies would now have more health and gang up on you, run away when hurt, and use items like potions and whatnot
2) The puzzles would all be about the same difficulty as those in MM
3) The bosses would all be smarter and stronger, as well as having different defeat methods
4) More optional items are added, such as Super Bombs, Crossbow, Magic Canes, and Magic Rods
5) The Slingshot would be necessary to use for specific puzzles
6) Necessary overworld items would be added
7) Magic Meter would be added
8) Elemental Arrows would be added and would be necessary for puzzles and boss fights
9) More sidequests would be added
10) A real musical instrument would be added
11) Many different types of armor with different traits would be added
12) Ganondorf would not appear at all
13) Zant would be the main antagonist

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom