• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What would be needed to bring the electrical power of shrines into people's homes?

To have crude modern appliances/machinery and fire safety as you know Hyrule uses fuel burning sources for heat and there's a LOT of dumb NPC's that will likely do things with fire they shouldn't! So how hard would it be to have homes,buildings and temples have semi modern lighting, appliances and safety systems? This video here shows how Shiekah Technology is interconnected with Shrines,Towers and all connected at Hyrule Castle. Breath of the Wild 2: No more Sheikah Technology? - YouTube I skipped to where he explains the networking of Towers and Shrines:

I have a weird interest in fire safety devices especially alarm control panels so I wonder if any of our devices would be compatible such as this? What is a Fire Alarm Annuncatior? LCD-80F - YouTube Annuncatiors (not sure how they are pronounced) allows you to control most operations of a fire alarm control plane without being actually at or even near one!!! Including testing and resetting/silencing alarms. I am not sure what Ack/Step on the left does.

Any ideas anybody? Is it some kind of troubleshooting process perhaps? Would fire alarms work with Shiekah Power and Hyrule definitely needs that due to all the fuel burning sources out there. My favorite is this:https://youtu.be/TTlTf4xMa1c?t=229 I skipped to where he chucks out the poor heat detector out the door! Bye bye!!!!! Warning: Turn volume off and gradually turn it back up.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
The difficult part of doing that would be figuring out how exactly that blue sheikah energy works. The sheikah towers seem to contain the energy, and when activated somehow transfer that energy to the shrines. So presumably, theres an energy line running between these points. If there are natural lines of that energy that are especially strong (like we see in Hateno and Akkala), then they could probably be harnessed along those points. Anyone there gets energy, but anyone outside those areas is stuck in the medieval ages.

So do you think they'd go with Tesla's Energy solution or Edison's way of transmitting the Shiekah energy?

The difficult part of doing that would be figuring out how exactly that blue sheikah energy works. The sheikah towers seem to contain the energy, and when activated somehow transfer that energy to the shrines. So presumably, theres an energy line running between these points. If there are natural lines of that energy that are especially strong (like we see in Hateno and Akkala), then they could probably be harnessed along those points. Anyone there gets energy, but anyone outside those areas is stuck in the medieval ages.
At least they actually have it unlike having to make it all from scratch. The hardest part would be converting it and using the right conductors.

The way the game seems to imply is that there are blue flame pipelines laid throughout Hyrule, with the source of the blue flame being at Hyrule Castle. Replace blue flame with natural gas and Hyrule Castle with Texas and you have the U.S. grid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom