• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What We Can Confirm About the Game

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Did they state that the Sky Temple, the one demoed, is the first dungeon? I must have missed that.

Ahh, you didn't miss it, it was stated in a separate interview on G4. I watched it live but I believe the video is up on Youtube now:
(I believe it is at about 2:16)

[video=youtube;Bw6yDFoa4g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6yDFoa4g0[/video]

They made a few separate points I believe in the video that are a little bit different than what has been already mentioned. The "Hub" idea for example with Skyloft and the land below, how you can return to the "hub" world to replenish items and the like at any point in the game...I believe that is what they were saying.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The only question I have is how can that be the first dungeon if Link already has so many heart containers? I know SS is doing things pretty different than Zelda standard (hence TP being the last Zelda title we know in that form), but 8 hearts at the first dungeon of the game is a little overwhelming, no?

Ariel

Think for yourself.
Ahh, you didn't miss it, it was stated in a separate interview on G4. I watched it live but I believe the video is up on Youtube now:
(I believe it is at about 2:16)

[video=youtube;Bw6yDFoa4g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw6yDFoa4g0[/video]

They made a few separate points I believe in the video that are a little bit different than what has been already mentioned. The "Hub" idea for example with Skyloft and the land below, how you can return to the "hub" world to replenish items and the like at any point in the game...I believe that is what they were saying.

Ah great! And another tidbit, new musical instrument, that lyre from the GDC trailer is confirmed!

A whole slew of new confirmations, check 'em out on the front page of this thread. *pees pants in excitement*

I'm really not quite sure what it is. It kinda looks like a whale made in Minecraft or something.
attachment.php

That's a good guy, protecting Zelda from bad guy, Ghirahim.

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I find it kinda funny how the fish guy has to eat Zelda in order to protect her... And then I realize how it's a fish... It's the thought that counts, right? :D

Ariel

Think for yourself.
This wormy, whale type thing will hereby be known as the MINECRAFT ENTITY! A being of good in the world, and a being of rudimentary blocks.

According to the IGN Rewind Theatre, there are also multiple swords that Link acquires throughout the game, beyond three. So, that'll be exciting. In addition to multiple shields.

Last edited:

Ariel

Think for yourself.
NEW INFO!!!!

Ghirahim is not the only villain, we still don't know if he's a main or minor villain. He's also the leader of a dark tribe or clan in the world below. He is searching for Zelda for her holy powers. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!

Also, there's a romantic thing going on between Link and Zelda. The winner of the bird race gets to spend a romantic night over the skies with Zelda. This is when Zelda gets kidnapped. SPOILERS!!!!!

Still no word on what the bird is called.

Last edited:
The only question I have is how can that be the first dungeon if Link already has so many heart containers? I know SS is doing things pretty different than Zelda standard (hence TP being the last Zelda title we know in that form), but 8 hearts at the first dungeon of the game is a little overwhelming, no?
this is just a thing in the demo so players wont get killed, its not going to be in the full game

Ariel

Think for yourself.
this is just a thing in the demo so players wont get killed, its not going to be in the full game

Yes, that's also why we have unlimited ammo for arrows, bombs and whatever the slingshot uses (seeds)? This is the first dungeon, and as you probably saw in all the demos, the Beetle is used extensively with no use for the other items so I submit to you that our very first item is.......... THE WHIP!

Jk, Beetle.

SPOILERS!!!

Con-man

Master Swordsman
NEW INFO!!!!

Ghirahim is not the only villain, we still don't know if he's a main or minor villain. He's also the leader of a dark tribe or clan in the world below. He is searching for Zelda for her holy powers. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!

Also, there's a romantic thing going on between Link and Zelda. The winner of the bird race gets to spend a romantic night over the skies with Zelda. This is when Zelda gets kidnapped. SPOILERS!!!!!

Still no word on what the bird is called.

Where does this info come from, is it a creditable source? Btw, good job.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
This particular batch of info comes from the humble folks over at Zelda Universe and Zelda Informer who were at this year's E3. All of the info on the front page is an amalgamation of demos, trailers, gameplay footage, roundtable discussion, and correspondence from other gaming news sites such as the other Zelda ones. I've put it all into one neat place for convenience. I'm updating this daily as I learn new stuff.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
New Revelations trickling in!

Ganondorf is HINTED TO BE NOT IN THE GAME. His rise to power is alluded to though.
The NPC's, Skyloft and general character interaction is handled similarly to Majora's Mask!
Link's bird is apparently special and rare, has a connection to the mainland. (Not elaborated on much.)
Ghirahim is a recurring boss fight.
Cool/fun items will be available earlier on rather than later in the game.

WINS ALL ROUND!

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
NEW INFO!!!!

Sounds like Zant...oh well...:dry:
BUT I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!!!
I'M PRE-ORDERING IT SOON!!! (hopefully :P )

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
New Revelations trickling in!

Ganondorf is HINTED TO BE NOT IN THE GAME. His rise to power is alluded to though.
The NPC's, Skyloft and general character interaction is handled similarly to Majora's Mask!
Link's bird is apparently special and rare, has a connection to the mainland. (Not elaborated on much.)
Ghirahim is a recurring boss fight.
Cool/fun items will be available earlier on rather than later in the game.

WINS ALL ROUND!

Here's the actual page where this information comes from:

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/0...word-story-makes-majoras-mask-comparison.html

:)

They just updated the page, and we finally find out what are the birds are called: loftbirds! Wierd name since it is just the end of Skyloft and the word: bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom