• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
What Was the Very First Video Game You Ever Played?

I believe the first video game I ever played was Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, when I was like four or something.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
WHOOOW! This has REALLY been a very long time ago but at my uncle's house we used to play Pong :P And then there also was space invaders :D Oh man those good old days!!! Nothing compared to the games we play today but so much fun!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
The original Zelda was the first video game I played. I got it for Christmas, so it was right before I turned two (since my bday is 11 FE:cool:. Yes, I was that young. I had a pretty high comprehension level and could already talk fairly well. Of course, I wasn't good at the game- my dad and I spent "family time" playing it. He played it mostly, obviously, since I was just a toddler. He used to read the manual to me, too, heh heh. I remember he tricked me into taking good care of my cartridge by telling me it was real gold. XD

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
I had some kids quests that I really like but im not sure that they're considered as video games, my first real video game was jezz jackrabbit 2, yes, its not a serious video game, but when I was younger I wasn't really a gamer and I got my first game console when i was twelve

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Mine was Donkey Kong N64. I was about 2 at the time and I just watched my brother play it in front of me and when he would go to the bathroom, I would steal the controller and move around randomly. It was fun.

But for first Legend of Zelda game, it would be Wind Waker. I was 4 when my brother got it and I would just watch him play it and when he would go to the bathroom, I would steal the controller (again, I had to do it for a while before my brother would let me play) and I would play for him until he got back. He would get really mad if he found out I stole the controller and played for him, but when he sees that I defeated a hard monster for him or solve a puzzle for him, he would forgive me and I wasn't until 5 until he would let me play the whole thing without getting mad and he would watch me in awe as I beat really hard bosses for him. (He's a Zelda noob, so he was really amazed by my talent)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Super Mario Land on the GameBoy was my very first game when I was like three. Believe or not, I can [somewhat] remember when I first played it. It was Summer and we were in the car and my sister's GameBoy was right in front of me (I have no clue where she was at the time but I don't care). I reached out to grab it and turned it on and started playing. I have no clue how accurate that tale is though, but I do know at the very least that it's what I believe.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My first game was this weird Hamtaro game for the GBA that I asked for sometime in elementary school. I remember seeing all the boys with their GBAs and wanted to play games too, so I asked for a GBA and that Hamtaro game since I guess I liked Hamtaro back then. My Aunt and Uncle sent me a GBA SP (newest system on the market at the time I believe) and after that I just got hooked on video gaming. That Hamtaro game lasted a pretty long time before Pokemon took over. I don't even know where that old cartridge is anymore.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I think Super Mario64 was my first I would steal the controller when my brother wasn't looking and would play around not knowing what to do.

Mute

一員
I honestly have no idea what my first game was considering I played games since I was first learning to talk. I do know it was a game that was on either the Colecovision or NES, though. The earliest I can remember the actual game names on was the NES, which was along the lines of Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, and Excitebike. I can't remember which one I played before the others or if I played anything on the Coleco first, so I'll just go with any of those three. I would love to be able to remember the real one, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom