• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Very First Video Game?

I didn't play games at the time, but the first game I ever remember seeing was I believe Super Metroid for the SNES (N64 existed at the time, I believe) at my friend's house. He didn't let me play, but I watched. I had no idea such technology existed. I first got an N64 for christmas one year and it came with Star Wars Episode 1: Racer. I played that game constantly. Eventually I got a copy of Ocarina of Time. I managed to get various Mario themed sports games, but eventually I borrowed a copy of Super Mario 64 and never gave it back.

My first game that I got into was Pokemon Yellow. I was too young at the time to read well, so I had to ask my mom to read what it said. That was my motivation to read. I got hooked to the game and remember nearly every aspect of the game. I still have that cartridge. I remember transferring the Mewtwo I caught from that game to Pokemon Crystal, then starting a new game and trading it back. It was quite a clever strategy I thought, but I now consider that cheating and vow to never do something of the sorts again :P

Jmonkey71

Master of Monkeys
I wish I could remember. However, among my first games were LoZ, 007 Goldeneye, Final Fantasy, Red and Blue, and Super Mario Brothers.

O

OniLink

the first game i can remember playing either something on the Sinclar Spectrum.
but the one that i can remember is Duck hunt on the NES, my brother won it in a competition

classic

S

Slambofett

The first game I played and beat was TMNT 4: Turtles in Time, I played it with my brother when I was 3. The first Zelda game I played and beat was A Link to the Past.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
My first video game was probably Super Mario Bros. for my sisters NES. I have no idea how old I was, but she got it in 1990 or 1991 so I was about 2 or 3 at that point. I may have been 3 or 4 when I first played. Although if me playingf AoL was any indication of my ability to play games, it probably took me a couple of years to be able to pass the first level.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I have some very vague memories of a console my parents had with Pong on it, sometime in the late 80s (maybe they got it even earlier? After all the game came out in the 70s). I have no idea which kind of console it was but I remember old-school controllers. That console always was in a drawer in our living room, but unfortunately I haven't seen it there for ~15 years, knowing my dad's habits it probably landed in the garbage :(
Then the next console we had was a rented NES when my mom had an injury around 1993 and had to stay at home so a friend of her rented us her NES with the original SMB on it. Shortly after that we bought a SNES and a Gameboy.

I may be kind of an outcast here, but I grew up with Playstation, and didn't play any Nintendo until I was 7. Anyhoo, the first game I can remember playing was Spyro: Ripto's Rage for the original Playstation console. It was one of the three original Spyro games that are now considered to be the only good ones. xD

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I've been playing games for so long it's hard to pinpoint exactly which was my first, but I've narrowed it down to either Sonic the Hedgehog or Street Fighter. These are the two I can remember playing when I was young, though there's the possibility that I played other games before them and I just can't remember.

R

Rito

Wind Waker, SSX3, and Animal Crossing. I got them all when I got my gamecube but I don't remember wich one I tried first

The first video game I've ever played has to be Sonic the Hedgehog 2 or it was Super Mario Land. I can't remember. I know we had the Sega Genesis longer than my life XD

I think it was Sonic the Hedgehog 2, that, or it was some other Sega game. Maybe Power Rangers >_>

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
Mine was Sonic the hedgehog for the sega genesis.
When i was little [around maybe 4-5] I found a genesis at a flea market with a sonic game in it for $10 so my mom got it for me and I've been hooked to video games ever since :D I still have it to,along with an NHL hockey game I got with the bundle.
Although its my first game its not my favorite,I found my fav when I got my PlayStation[i think 6-7 years of age] and i tired Klonoa door to phantomile which if you know me you probably all ready know or noticed XD

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Mine was Ocarina of Time or Mario Kart 64. I can't remember which one. It was when I was like 1 or 2. (Yeah I know I was young :P! )

Seamus

Pinball Wizard
I think Super Mario 64. I got my n64 with SM64 for like my 3rd birthday. I may have played some games on my dads NES before that, but I cant remember that far back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom