• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Name?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
In the Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow games, what did you name yourself?

I'm curious because I want to know if you wanted it to feel classic, or be funny, or put your own name to connect to the game.

I wanted the games to feel like classic pokemon. Thats why in Red and Blue id always name myself Red and my rival Blue. In Yellow version, i'd name myself Ash and my rival Gary.

I think I named my first character "BECCA" because "Rebecca" couldn't fit in the space provided and I loved to use all caps whenever possible.

I think I kept up this trend (maybe opting for "BECKY" here and there during middle school) until they lengthened the name space. Then I was "Beckira," and I've been Beckira in every game since. :)

I always name my little guy Lui cause i got used to putting only 3 letters on some games and my full name didnt fit "Luis" so i put Lui hahaha ;)

I never used my actual name in the first games since you had to play as a boy.
Usually, I chose a name of a character from a TV show or movie I liked. That made it personal enough for me ;)

But the rival was always Gary, chosing something else seemed wrong to me...

When I was a kid, I'd just name my character something random and my rival Elmo; but when I just recently played yellow, I named my guy Red to be classic and named my rival Gary because Gary's cool.

Fig

The Altruist
I always went classic with Red as my player's name and Blue as my rival's name. On my phone, where I have the legit Pokemon Yellow ROM, type in GameBoy Color A.D. on the app store if they have it, I named my player Fig and rival Alex, my best friend and "baby brother" who also is a Pokemon fanatic!!! <3

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I started playing when I was 7, my first game was pokémon gold. Since I was a child, for some reason I named myself Muuuuuuuuuuuu. That's Swedish for Mooooooooo, like a cow.

As a kid, when it came to any game where I could name my own character, I always went with myself. The other characters I could name would be people I knew. So in the case of Pokemon, my character was always my own name and Gary Oak was always whoever I happened to have a problem with in school :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom