• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your Favorite Childhood Movie?

bunny

birb overlord
Yesterday while I was derping around on the internet I came across a scene from an old movie I loved as a child. It got me thinking, so I decided to start a thread!

When I was younger, I always loved The Prince of Egypt. I loved the characters, I loved the animation, and I especially loved the music. I remember how heartbroken I was when my brother broke the tape... I've been meaning to get it on DVD, but I haven't yet. I asked for it for Christmas this year, so maybe...

Anyway, how about you? What was your favorite movie as a child? ^^

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
My favorite movie from my childhood is most definitely The Goonies.

Goonies_poster.jpg

This movie about a group of friends looking for treasure to save their home always fills me with a rush of nostalgia. I love each and every one of the characters, and I can relate to it because my friends and I used to have all sorts of "adventures" when I was younger. I don't think I could watch this movie enough times. Heck, I still keep the VCR copy I had as a child in my room on top of my desk. I can't watch it anymore because the VCR is long gone, but it's a nice little reminder of my childhood.

izi

Not A Wizard
When I was little little, I LOVED The Lion King. I would watch it over and over! In my younger years that I can remember, I'd have to say Finding Nemo. It's a fantastic movie with a great message. Don't get me wrong, I'm as anti-Disney as you can get, but this is a fantastic movie.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
If we were to talk about really early childhood movies, I watched the helluva out of The Little Engine that Could and Brave Little Toaster.

I didn't really watch Disney until later, and never really have been much into Disney. Today I still admire Beauty and the Beast, and Aladin was a favorite back then for the Genie's antics.

Honestly, I graduated into campy action flicks pretty early. I was no more than 9 or 10 when I started watching movies like Independence Day and Air Force One.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
There were two movies I used to watch as a child almost on a constant loop that would drive my parents insane.

The first is Anastasia. For some reason, unbeknownst even to myself, I have loved the story of Anastasia ever since I saw it at the cinema on its release date. I loved the songs, the characters (especially Rasputin and Bartok [So I naturally loved the Bartok The Magnificent movies]) and the voice actors really suit their characters. I also adore the Japanese and Spanish dubs of this movie. All these years later, I still listen to the soundtrack every so often when I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

The other movie I fell in love with was The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I kind of connected with Quasimodo's outsider status being labelled as the weird one myself throughout high school and always empathised with his feelings of longing. I always wanted him to get together with Esméralda at the end of the movie too. As with Anastasia, I listen to this soundtrack from time to time and now that I am much older than when I first heard the songs, I am always surprised by the "adultness" of the lyrics and I had almost no idea that this movie was about religious persecution until I was much older. Disney lyrics always surprise me when I hear them now as an adult though...

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Wow, there were a countless amount of movies I would watch over and over as a child. One that does particularly stand out in my mind is Disney's Robin Hood.

I also was a huge fan of The Lion King, Aladdin, and Shrek.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I remember loving "Secret of NIMH" a lot as a kid (still do) despite it being in English (and I didn't start learning English until I was 9)
[video=youtube;C0-nS6KeDwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0-nS6KeDwU[/video]

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The Last Unicorn.

I've read the book it was based on at least two or three times and I've met its author in person. I'm still think its one of the best stories ever. It's actually pretty philosophical for something made to appeal to kids (though the book was originally an adult book and there are some adultish things in the film).

Don't listen to me, listen...

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
The Land Before Time original. Its wonderfully animated and has a beautiful score by James Horner and is probably the reason I still love Cartoons today.:yes:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
When I was a child I was a huge Pixar fan. My favorite movie that I can remember laughing, raging, and crying at was definitely Monster's Inc. I laughed at all the unique and humorous designs of the characters, their personalities, and in general the way they acted. I raged when I saw Randall planning our his schemes, and I cried when Sully and Mike parted ways with Boo. It may not be my all-time favorite movie, but it was definitely the favorite of my childhood.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Aladdin.. oh boy just writing that brings out so many sweet memories :puppy:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Favorite childhood movie, eh? I have far too many of those, for a variety of reasons, so it's hard to pick. Rather, I'll just list the movies instead of giving a short list of reasons why I like them.

The Land Before Time
Toy Story
An Extremely Goofy Movie
Cats & Dogs
The Lion King
3 Ninjas Kickback

I love those movies (and others still) because they evoked many great emotions. Whether it was a general sense of 'fun', 'happiness' or even a feeling I never properly understood--sadness--, I just managed to keep them close. Wish I had them all on DVD or on my PC or something! They'd be great watches! <3

When I was younger, I was WAY into Bionicles (and I still would be, but the Bionicle series has, sadly, ended:cry:). I got the VHS of Bionicle: Mask of Light and watched it over and over. I still have that VHS sitting on my movie shelf. I am also quite fond of the few Pokemon movies that I saw (I was disappointed when Misty left, and completely stopped paying attention when Brock left).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom