• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Was Your 1st Gloom Hand Encounter?

Well, the Depths only has 5 regular gloom hands and the Lost Woods’ one is really the only one that you’d regularly encounter besides the one you’d encounter on a final dragon run…

That was quite the experience! It was relatively early in the game, and I hadn't completed much of the map yet. I was trying not to go through the main quests too fast, so I decided I would try to see if I could find Dueling Peaks from Breath of the Wild. I was curious how much of the map from BOTW was the same and how much was different.
Anyway I had left
Hateno Village
and I was trying to look for familiar terrain, and I came across a field with what looked like some
ancient ruins.
And I was like, "oh, this looks familiar! I'll check over in this area" All of a sudden the sky starts turning red as if I've set off the apocalypse or something and the next thing I know I'm being grabbed by hands coming out of a pool of gloom.
I can't remember if it had killed me or if I teleported away, but I remember just looking at Link being all helpless as this thing strangles the life out of him :(
I remember thinking to myself "I am really NOT welcome over here!" What's funny is that when I encountered them a second (or maybe third) time, it was somewhere
on the Great Plateau
where I was again, looking for a familiar BOTW location. It's as if the game is trying to scare us away from BOTW locations and saying, ",No! This is NOT Breath of the Wild! Stop looking for nostalgic places!" Lol idk, at least that was MY take on it anyway XD.

TheLegendofGoose

Clearly the only incarnation of a Goose
My first encounter with Gloom Hands is when I did Hestu's quest on killing those God damn tree monsters, I went into the cave next to where Hestu was at. I was thrilled to explore the cave when the moment I saw the gloom hands, I thought they were wall masters from the previous Zelda games but was terrified as hell and went to my previous save and for a bit try to avoid going down there until I found the shrine in that same cave where those God damn gloom hands were at.

What was your first encounter like?
Mine was short, quick and almost killed my horse...
Thank Hylia I fast travelled to a nearby stable (hundreds of meters away, if not a few kilometres)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom