• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda What System to Buy

Ragadash

Composer of the Sea's
I need help on what system to buy here are my options
Wii mini
Pros:
  • I can play Skyward sword
  • I can replay twilight princess
    • Only $100
Cons:
  • No other zelda games will be made for it
  • No internet for other games I like such as mario kart
Wii

Pros
  • It can go on internet
Cons:
  • It costs more

Wii U
Pros:
  • At least one more zelda game will be made for it
Cons:
  • expensive
3ds
Pros
  • I can play the oracle games, my favorite games
  • I can play Oot
  • A link between worlds
Cons:
  • expensive
So this is my list of pros and cons if you can think of more pros and cons for any option please post them! Whit all that in mind, which Should I get?

Big Octo

=^)
The regular Wii may be a good option, as you can also play GameCube games on it. And I don't mean just The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, or Four Swords Adventures, but there is also the Collector's Edition disc that has Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda, and Zelda II on it. That's a pretty good deal if you ask me. Just be prepared to look hard to look for a good price on the Collector's Edition disc.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I honestly recommend you run with the Wii U as it is the most current console. Sure, it doesn't have many games. But that'll change in a year. ^^

superedit: Wii U can also do Wii games as far as I know. It's a great deal!

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Wii U all the way. You could play SS, WWHD, and TP. That's not to mention what else is coming, and who knows what games will end up on the eshop in the future.

If not that, the 3DS. It has like seven Zelda games on it, along with Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemon, and much more.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
dude,get a wii [pre-2011 model]
aside the handhelds,it pretty much gives you access to every single zelda game,its a no brainer

also its definitely the cheapest option so far

Last edited:

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
I think you should get Wii U since you can play all the wii games on it, and at least 2 games are coming out on it in the near future. No reason to get Wii, because you can play the games on the Wii U anyway, but you cant play Wii U games on the Wii.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I think you should get Wii U since you can play all the wii games on it, and at least 2 games are coming out on it in the near future. No reason to get Wii, because you can play the games on the Wii U anyway, but you cant play Wii U games on the Wii.

no,but you can play gamecube games on the wii,which completely justifies the purchase b/c the gc's library is kick-***
and looking at the wii u library so far [even w/ the upcoming titles],doesn't seem like there's a lot that you'll miss out on

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
no,but you can play gamecube games on the wii,which completely justifies the purchase b/c the gc's library is kick-***
and looking at the wii u library so far [even w/ the upcoming titles],doesn't seem like there's a lot that you'll miss out on

Makes sense. But what about the upcoming games on the wii U? then you won't be able to play them. Basically, to choose between wii or wii u, you need to decide whether you want to play the game cube games more, or the wii u games more. because you can play wii on either.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Makes sense. But what about the upcoming games on the wii U? then you won't be able to play them. Basically, to choose between wii or wii u, you need to decide whether you want to play the game cube games more, or the wii u games more. because you can play wii on either.

compare the games available on gamecube & wii's virtual console to the wii u's library & its upcoming games
i honestly think the first option beats it by a long shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom