• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Sword Should Be Used?

zeldahero3

Zelda Forever!
In the previous handheld zelda games, there has been no use of the mastersword. Should the master sword be the main sword in the next game? Or should they create a new sword, and when should you receive it? In PH and ST you got both the phantom sword and Lokomo sword very late in the game, and only got to use it for a very short time. In the next game, when should the main sword finally be given to you? Comment below!!!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not a fan of significant blades popping out of nowhere. I didn't much care for the Phantom Sword of PH, nor did I care for the Lokomo Sword of ST. They both looked rather...sloppy in a way (due to the graphics most likely), and the fact that they were somehow of legendary status without even mysterious origin made the blades even worse (the Master Sword of ALttP had enough backstory to make one wonder, but still was fantastic).

That being said, I'd much prefer we get some generic swords this time around. Remember the Gilded Sword of Majora's Mask? Yeah, it was nothing but a run-of-the-mill dagger--the Kokiri Sword--forged and reforged twice. If it's generic, don't give it a backstory because it simply doesn't need one. :)

When should it be given to you? Much like in MM: as soon as YOU yourself can forge it, of course!

I can't really explain this, but I feel as though we should see the Four Sword again. I have no idea why, I just do. I think it would be an interesting sword to include in a 3D Zelda title. As for when you would get it, I believe the best time would be around the middle to late first half of the game (much like OoT).

Another way to go would be with the ever popular Master Sword:mastersword:. I, again, feel that you should recieve it around the later part of the first half of the game. I like being able to use my strongest/legendary sword for more than just the final boss (as some of the games have done).

I have never cared about the Swords used in Zelda games, I'm just always happy to get rid of the sword you start off with because it finally feels like progression when you get a new one and not just another jewel to put on a pedestal. That being said, I was fine with the Master Sword up until SS, now I'm sick of the sight of the thing, I've had to fix it twice, once in WW to imbue it with power and had to do the 3 sacred flames in SS which just made me hate it because it took its sweet time, more so probably because i knew what i was aiming for and its slow progression really aggravated me, so no i kind of feel like the Master Sword is the most annoying Sword because next time i see it i'll probably have to to do something to it again to make it worth using.

i'm pretty sick of the sword forging overall on that note (stares at PH) so give us something akin to OoT ant TP where you find the thing, claim it and start kicking ***. Its a sword, treat it like one and not a $60 game that requires an extra $40 worth of DLC to make it complete/usable

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm fine with any of them really and I never really had a problem with the sword forging. It happens in a decent deal of the games.

In PH you are remaking a lost blade, which may take away it's uniqueness in a way, but I still thought it was cool. My complaint though, like others, is the short term use of the item in the game and the same with ST.

And as for WW and SS, I think both are justified story wise. In WW the blade was ancient and worn, so it would make sense for it to need some work to reach its legendary status again. And then in SS you are actually making the Master Sword, so forging it would only make sense because you're basically making it. Now I won't lie and say that I didn't find these a little bit tedious, but they still work in the games I would say.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I'm not a fan of significant blades popping out of nowhere. I didn't much care for the Phantom Sword of PH, nor did I care for the Lokomo Sword of ST. They both looked rather...sloppy in a way (due to the graphics most likely), and the fact that they were somehow of legendary status without even mysterious origin made the blades even worse (the Master Sword of ALttP had enough backstory to make one wonder, but still was fantastic).

That being said, I'd much prefer we get some generic swords this time around. Remember the Gilded Sword of Majora's Mask? Yeah, it was nothing but a run-of-the-mill dagger--the Kokiri Sword--forged and reforged twice. If it's generic, don't give it a backstory because it simply doesn't need one. :)

When should it be given to you? Much like in MM: as soon as YOU yourself can forge it, of course!

This is fitting for a handheld title if you ask me. Most handheld Zelda games just featured upgrades for present swords you obtain which had no relavence to the story itself. In all honesty, I'm tired of always using the Master Sword and the story playing around it. We need something more original, no story based on one sword.(be great to wield two swords one day :P)

That solely depends on what Story Nintendo will go for. Some Swords are an important to the story e.g. The Master Sword and there are some Swords that are not very important e.g. the Lokomo Sword. I kinda want a Sword that has some significance to the story, but is not the Master Sword. The Phantom Sword partially did this, but that wasn't used till near the end of the game. I'm fine with the Master Sword by all means, but I think Zelda 3D will not include the Master Sword but something similar.

Last edited:

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
I think they should use a dark mastersword, and the whole concept of the theme could be dark

I wouldn't want the hero to wield it, the antagonist should. But then there would have to be an thoughtful explanation on how it came into existence since we already know how the Master Sword did. And I think it owuld prove to be difficult to come up with something. But an evil alternative to the Goddess Sword? That sounds reasonable.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
Nintendo did say that Zelda 3DS will be much more like the console Zelda's than Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, so I think the Master Sword could in Zelda 3DS.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Well, I'm hoping for a 2D Zelda on 3DS and I don't generally care about the sword that is used as the main weapon in the game. To me, the sword just seems like it has way too much back story in the games they're used in; well, some people act like they're more important then they actually are. I would much rather see Nintendo focus on the dungeons in the game or the story of the game instead of the sword this time, so even just some plain "Magical Sword" with no interesting parts about it at all were used I would be fine.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I want to see a new type of sword in the next game. It is boring to re-use sword from previous games...

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'd personally like to see the Four Sword make a return. I'd have it come into play between the beginning and mid-game.
I think they could do quite a bit with letting us control multiple Links.

But I think having the game revolve around Link being a courageous youth, rather than a special sword, would be a nice change of pace.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I would like to see the Picori Blade aka the Four Sword. I don't think it's very likely that it'll happen, but I can hope. I also wouldn't mind a brand new sword.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
I can't really explain this, but I feel as though we should see the Four Sword again. I have no idea why, I just do. I think it would be an interesting sword to include in a 3D Zelda title.

I whole heartedly agree, and believe a 3D title with the four sword could be very awesome. However I think it would be very easy to ruin the game if you didn't do the concept of playing as four people right, which would be very difficult.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom