• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What races?

What Races Do You Want In Skyward Sword?

• Anouki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deku

• Goron

• Kokori

• Rito

• Sheikah

• Twili

• Oocca

• Zora

• New…

• Total voters
how is your second favorite game one youve never played?

I said the second best zelda game, I did not say I zelda game I played. I saw people play it in person, I saw the entire game on youtube. I know the controls and mechanics, sotry, etc. In my book, it is the second best zelda game in the series. You don't need to have experinced a Zelda game to know it isgood/best simply for the same reason that you don't have to meet god in real to beleive and worship him.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I said the second best zelda game, I did not say I zelda game I played. I saw people play it in person, I saw the entire game on youtube. I know the controls and mechanics, sotry, etc. In my book, it is the second best zelda game in the series. You don't need to have experinced a Zelda game to know it isgood/best simply for the same reason that you don't have to meet god in real to beleive and worship him.

Well, you can understand that some people might disagree with you. Even though I understand what you are saying. It's like the line from Tommy Boy...

I could get a good look at a T-bone steak by sticking my head up a cow's arse, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

And...I kind of did the same thing in placing Minish Cap as oneof my top 5 Zelda games of all time, even though I had never played it. And, sure enough, I am playing it through now and it definitely makes the list, which in order is: LoZ, OoT, ALttP, MC, AoL (then TP, WW, MM, LA). So even without playing it, I was right that it would be in my top 5.

Still, once you have played something it does give you better standing to say how good you think it is or how it ranks against other games.

[FONT= "Comic Sans MS"]I picked all of them except Anouki and Rito. Not too familiar with the Anouki and the Rito have not evolved from the Zoras yet. Also I picked other because I want Tingle again, whatever race he is. :P[/FONT]

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
In Skyward Sword I would like to see:

Lots of Hylians
A Sheikah Tribe
Kokiri Children
A Skull Kid Society
A Deku Palace/Kingdom
Goron Mountains
Both Zora's Domain and a Zora Beach
Plus a Fairy Community

And a suprise race or two that are new to the series. am I asking for too many races?? lol maybe... maybe not =)

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Aren't the Rito just evolved Zora in WW? Even though I never liked the theory, I thought this was understood.

Gorons and Zoras most def! I DON'T want to see the Deku as their own race like they were in MM. The Kokiri and Shiekah would be cool to see. I like to see a Twili/Dark Interloper connection with this game. And even though I could care less if they are in the game, it would be nice to know more about the Oocca.

I'm not sure about the Rito being evolved Zora. I know Medli talked about a time before the Rito evolved wings, which is when the Grappling Hook was used, but I figure it's possible she was not referring to evolution as we know it but to Rito like Komali who don't have wings yet, or to a time before their symbiosis with the dragons began. And even if she does mean evolution, it's not stated that it was the Zora; it's only implied in that Medli took over the Sage job from a Zora (while Makar took over from a Kokiri, and the Deku Tree all but explicitly says that they evolved: they "once took on human form").

Besides, why would fish have to evolve into birds in order to escape the flood? Wouldn't fish thrive? It's not like the salt/fresh thing bothers them much if Majora's Mask is any indication. (Besides, it's usually the monstrous ones who are called "River Zora.")

But even though the Rito appearing in Skyward Sword would settle the matter (unless Nintendo is being tricksy about the timeline placement;)), I don't really care that much about their relation to the Zora. I just want to see the Rito again. They had a refined but not arrogant demeanor, and several Rito characters made themselves quite useful. (I also wouldn't mind seeing a benevolent dragon again, for that matter.)

Gorons, on the other hand, not so much. I'm sick of 'em. In the DS games, they were just sorta there. I mean, it's not like they didn't serve a purpose plotwise, but they didn't really stand out. "Oh, look at us, we are the hearty proud mountain people who like rocks and lava and mining and are in no way ripoffs of Dwarves." I'm not saying I never want to see Gorons again, but let's keep them in reserve for a game or two.

The anouki? No thanks. I kinda liked the idea of including some Layton-esque logic puzzles, but the execution was rather unfun and the Anouki themselves were quite irritating. They were jerks, and the way they talked ("Guy? Hey, Guy!") was grating.

I'd be happy if we never saw the Oocca again. As a race, they could have been replaced with Cuccoos and served the same purpose. Maybe you'd need a human or other character to explain why there was a floating city with a bunch of chickens in it, but still. And there was that out-of-left-field "technology" angle, not to mention the "We-created-humans" bit. Even for Zelda that's a continuity snag.

I never played the Minish Cap, but I wouldn't mind seeing Picori. And the Zuna could make a reappearance. Mostly I want to see the races that have only been in one game and are begging for some backstory. (Except the ones that annoy me, of course. ;))

It sometimes seems to me that the Zelda series has developed an almost Sega-like tendency to introduce and subsequently forget about story elements and bits of world-building such as races. I hope they look at their existing stable to see if anything fits the plot before making up something new. But if a new race fits better, I'm all for it.

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
Hyrule won't be the same without the gorons. But I would like to see most of them though some of them do not feat together, like Zora and Ritlo, minish and kokiri and korok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom