• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Languages Do You Know?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I've seen several users on here speak different languages. Ranging from Spanish to Dutch, meaning we're a rather diverse community. What languages do you know, and can speak?

I clearly speak English, which is my primary language. I'm taking French 2 next year, so that'll be my second language. What about you?

I'd really like to see Wold Sage's reply to this thread since he is deft in the foreign languages.

My primary language is also English but I believe my adroitness in the tongue can still be fine tuned. While I boast an extensive vocabulary, I often find myself hesitating in speech. Thoughtfulness is certainly a virtue but in my case it can also be an impediment. My second language is my ancestral one-Polish. I don't usually choose to reveal my nationality because a lot of people (excuse the diction) are bigoted towards it. My tertiary language and the one I study in school is Spanish. I'm well advanced in the language as well. Next year I will take Spanish V AP which focuses on reading periodicals in the dialect.

Despite my dad being an immigrant from Sri Lanka, I am unable to speak any of said country's many native languages. (My dad came to the US decades before I was born). However, I can speak English fluent enough to be understood by most people, but it isn't all that greatly...

That's about it... :/

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
Other than American English, I speak Spanish. More specifically Puerto Rican Spanish, though growing up with Mexicans in Chicago, their version has rubbed off somewhat lol.

Dan

I can speak English, and Pokemon. Pokemon have a very primitive language however. (Don't tell anyone this but they really only say their name)

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Despite my dad being an immigrant from Sri Lanka, I am unable to speak any of said country's many native languages. (My dad came to the US decades before I was born). However, I can speak English fluent enough to be understood by most people, but it isn't all that greatly...

That's about it... :/

C'mon Wolf, don't lie ;)

My first language is English. I generally speak with Floridian dialect (no other dialect like it) but I can also do a British dialect. I can speak some Spanish but not very fluently. I'm still learning.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I speak Polish (my native language) and English. My brother also speak Spanish.

Ja mówię po polsku (mój język ojczysty) i angielsku. Mój brat mówi również po hiszpańsku.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom