• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Kind of Magic Do You Want in Zelda U?

Ninja YoungLink

The Awesome One
Many, many fans want the magic meter again, as it expanded gameplay. In Zelda U they could not only have it return, but vastly improve.

So now for the question, what kind of magic do you want in ZU?

Personally I want a Sceptre where you tap the screen, and it shoots a magic shot, which of course would use magic. We kinda had this in the origanal, but not in 3-D.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What kind of magic would I like to see in ZeldaU? Well, personally I'd love to see a whole slew of elemental effects return. Think of the Fire, Blizzard, Magnet, Gravity, Aero etc. spells from the Final Fantasy series. If spells were divided into two categories -- offense and defense/augmentation -- and further divided by ranking and of course elemental category, I would be largely satisfied with the magic.

Oh but of course, magic also needs to affect things. I hate to say it, but things like the Fire and Ice arrows were largely useless in Ocarina of Time because the sword was just as effective at cutting foes down as the elemental arrows were. I say fire damage needs to be factored into the game as well as other element types.

What would the medium of magic be...well personally, I'd like to see the crystals from Ocarina of Time to return, as well as magically enhanced items (think of a Claw/Hookshot that can be augmented by electricity to shock foes as well as stun them!). The Meter would also need three tiers of upgrading! xD

Skunk

Floof
...a Sceptre where you tap the screen, and it shoots a magic shot...
I like that idea, but I think the sceptre should do more than just shoot a magic shot; for example it could be used to freeze water, make plants grow(gardening in Zelda?*poke Nintendo), raise certain blocks into the air to solve puzzle, and more of course.

Ninja YoungLink

The Awesome One
I like that idea, but I think the sceptre should do more than just shoot a magic shot; for example it could be used to freeze water, make plants grow(gardening in Zelda?*poke Nintendo), raise certain blocks into the air to solve puzzle, and more of course.

They could do this two ways,upgrades(Possibly upgrades that are good!), or separate canes. And free upgrades in dungeons(Fire, Ice, Light,etc.) to make things so you don't have to grind for treasure if it stays.

Skunk

Floof
They could do this two ways,upgrades(Possibly upgrades that are good!), or separate canes. And free upgrades in dungeons(Fire, Ice, Light,etc.) to make things so you don't have to grind for treasure if it stays.
I think the idea of upgrades is more convenient for an RPG, whereas seperate canes would work out better in a non-RPG format.

The magic I want to see is pretty much enchantment.

You have a few spells, say for example the goddess spell from OoT and you can use them on your own weapons for a limited power up. For example, use din's Fire to set The Master Sword on fire and take down some ice enemies quicker etc etc. Enchant your hookshot with an electricity magic and grapple an enemy and electrocute them. Acquiring magic spells can come in the form of collectables form chests like rune stones or whatever, mix and match or fill up a subscreen block like a heart piece etc. that is the kind of magic i want to see, item enchantment.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've always been a fan of the charge-up Spin Attacks from Majora's Mask. That was a good way to strategize with the Magic Meter during MM's time. However, I think that now more abilities can be added to the Master Sword, or Link's blade in general, to have different effects. For example, there could be this...setting or a magical item which allows Link to use Magic at will. And its powers can imbue the blade with magical properties that increase the impact of his blows. So each time he swings, the Magic Meter drains depending on the potency of the "spell" or "incantation".

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Magic from items such as fire rod, ice rod, medalions (ether, quake, bombos), magic cape, etc is fine for me.. I want to see these items return in Zelda Wii U...

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Hmmm, I actually don't want majic in another Zelda game; well, not how you describe it anyways. I wouldn't mind the spin attack or the jump from The Adventure of Link, but adding more would just change Zelda too much and complicate things for younger players.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I'd be extremely happy to see the magic items from A Link to the Past return in some form. The three medallions would be top of that list. Not only are they excellent attacks with varied effects, they would also look amazing on Wii U or 3DS, but they could also have applications outside of combat. I can see Ether being used to freeze a river so Link can walk across. I can see Quake being used to crumble open a cave entrance or cave one in to thwart persuing foes. I can see Bombos being used to burn away years of overgrowth surrounidng a lost temple.

Other non-combat magic items would be equally as welcome. The Magic Cape springs to mind, with its ability to turn Link invisible. If Zelda expands on stealth sections in future, I could see the Magic Cape returning as a hard-to-obtain item to assist with those in some way. The Magic Cape could even have its place in combat, allowing one to escape when overwhelmed or avoid combat altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom