• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Kind of Artstyle/graphics for Zelda Wii U?

What artstyle do you think Zelda Wii U should adopt and why? I think they should make full use of the Wii U's HD capabilities and go for Twilight Princess-style without GC's limitations. I find realistic graphics are just more immersive and I think it would cause the game to get more attention from the gaming community, as much as I loved SS's creative style.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I want Zelda Wii U to grab TP's general art style, deblur it and slap some HD wonderland onto it. Why? Like you said, HatredHazard, the style is simply more immersive for me, and again like you said I think it would grab more attention--whether positive or negative--from the gaming community.

So, essentially use the art style presented in the Wii U Tech Demo, as can be seen here:
[video=youtube;arHNcSMXaBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk[/video]

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
The very absolute last graphic/art style I want to see is Twilight Princess's style. It is hideous and bland, and I never ever want to see it again. On top of that, I really don't think it fits the Zelda series. It's too dark and dreary of a style, and Zelda isn't meant to be dark and dreary. Bland graphics don't make a more immersive experience.

I would absolutely love to see Skyward Sword's or Ocarina of Time 3D's style again. Both styles were beautiful and represented the impression the series should be giving very well. The graphics and art styles of both games really immersed me into the games, particularly Skyward Sword's. The art style was so beautiful I could hardly pull myself away from the screen. That is something I would like to see happen again.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
First off, not the tech demo graphics. They're a fair bit more colorful than what we saw from Twilight Princess, but it's still too dark and gritty for a fantasy series like Zelda. That said...

I've already predicted a TP/OoT 3D mixture. It just seems like the next logical step to me. I love imagining how it could look in my head. Textural, yet filled with vibrant colors. <3

I would like it to be exactly like the Tech Demo, still somewhat beautiful, dark, and gritty like Twilight Princess but with a brighter palette.

I'm with the majority and vouch for the tech demo graphics.

I honestly would like for the Tech Demo graphics to become those featured in the final Zelda Wii U product and avoid the controversy that occurred with the radical graphic alteration between Spaceworld 2001 and the release of The Wind Waker in 2003 with regards to the Gamecube.

Personally, this updated graphic style truly showcases the power of the new hardware. Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword had a very respectable art style, however, Nintendo was compelled to use something along those lines due to the Wii hardware's lacking GPU. Graphics aside, what interests me the most is the lighting from the tech demo from last year's E3. Never before in a Zelda game have I seen such intricate effects with the shadows. The ability to change the time of day from day to night and vice versa only increases the appeal of that aspect of the tech demo. My mouth is just frothing at the future I would like to see for the franchise on consoles.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm really hoping for HD TP style. Anything less is just not making use of the Wii U at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing SS's style return, but it feels a little too light for a series as dark as Zelda.

izi

Not A Wizard
I vote we go back to the 8-bit graphics.
More space on-disk for a massive adventure! :D

But seriously, I agree with JuicieJ in predicting/wanting an OoT/TP mix. HD colorful textures everywhere! Then again, I think Nintendo could pull off almost any texture scheme with the correct shadows/lighting!

Last edited:

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I was wondering when this section and the Zelda 3DS one were going to be made. Glad you guys made it easier to put all the speculation/theory/wish list of the future games in one location. Anyways...

Zelda is amazing in the fact that it can pretty much do whatever style it wants and it will work. That's why Inreally don't mind what style it goes for, but I think Nintendo should use the capabilities of the Wii U to produce something not capable on the previous consoles. What I mean by this is while a cell shaded style looks beautiful in HD, it really wouldn't be doing the WiiU justice to have the first HD Zelda cell shaded. This is why I'm leaning more with the look of the tech demo and twilight princess.

I feel a more realistic looking game will be better suited for both drawing new fans to the WiiU/Zelda, but also would make the better looking game. No realism doesn't mean better, but I think it will for the best if the first Zelda U does this. As for artsyle, I'll say it agin. I want a Steam Punk Zelda game.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Considering it's Nintendos first HD system and we've already seen an amazing Tech demo, I say the Zelda for the Wii U should be 8-bit just for the lols...:P

bunny

birb overlord
I'm going with the popular answer. I think it should be like the tech demo. #bandwagon

Nintendo needs to show the other gaming industries that they're not behind. I also want Nintendo to use the Wii U to it's fullest ability. We all saw how gorgeous those graphics can be. Make it like that! I don't mind if Nintendo takes their time developing Zelda U. I want this game to be stunning, graphics, story, gameplay and all.

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
It really sucks that Nintendo won't be using the same style as we saw in the HD Tech Demo. In fact they're going to use something similar to the painting style of Skyward Sword. In my opinion, that's kind of lazy and I feel like the company won't use the graphical ability to the fullest they can. I want something like Twilight Princess again, not necessarily the same story and gameplay but I want more of the realistic yet science-fiction style. I mean come on, who didn't enjoy some and/or most of TP's scenery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom