• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Item is the Most Useless to You?

Out of any items Link gets in any game for any purpose which one has proved to be the most useless to you? For me it's bombs. I never use bombs unless I have to like opening secret walls or killing stalfos in ST other than that nothing. So what about you? What item out of all the items Link gets is the least usefull to you?

Pop 360

Angel Beats Geek
The Telescope in ww it was useless you used it once at the beging and if he hadn't looked through it he wouldn't have to do the whole quest!!! I thought It was a useless item I never used it at all thats mine.

13foxes

For me the most useless is Bomb Mask in ocarina of time.

How can the bomb mask be useless? I never had to pick up bombs or buy them thanks to this mask. It's really useful when you need to blow up something and don't have any bombs.

Anyways, the most useless item is the Magic Cape in Alttp. Aside from making you invisible and helping you get a heart piece, it does nothing. I've never use it after I got the heart piece.

Another one is the Ice Arrow in OoT. I didn't use this item even once. It doesn't have any particular use, nor helps you in anything (getting heart pieces, trading item,...). I just got it to make a 100% completion.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Not counting the many useless masks on Majora's Mask (I mean, a great majority of those had a SINGLE use throughout the whole game and that's it) or any trading sequence/quest items, I would probably have to say the Spinner from Twilight Princess. Don't get me wrong, it was fun to spin around Stallord's boss room at a blinding-fast speed, but without any rails to grind on, the Spinner is really slow and frankly has no use. It's horrible as a weapon and also as a method of transportation. The only thing it's good for is crossing quicksand, which only appears in Arbiter's Grounds.

I visit Arbiter's Grounds a LOT, but even then I still find the Spinner useless. :\

Kybyrian

I'd have to say the telescope from The Wind Waker. It never really has any good use throughout the entire game. It's like they're just giving it to you because when people think of boats they think of telescopes or pirates and then telescopes. They added both of them into the game, too. It would have been nice if the telescope had been a little more useful, but there wasn't much they could have done to make it more useful, if you think about it. You could have used it to see a closeup of islands in the distance, but that didn't really help much either. Most people ignored it because they knew where to go and the telescope didn't help much anyway, since you just saw the shadow but in closeup.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Isnt there already a thread on this? I swear I saw one earlier.

Anyway, i'm going to agree with Ky and say the Telescope. It was a pathetic edition to the game and was probably just a filler for the story. Something to mess around with until Aryll was captured or something...

The Hawkeye in TP was incredibly useful, and I don't see why people compare the telescope. It allowed precision shooting while the telescope was just something to see off into the distance with. The only use I ever had for it was watching the ghost ship sail around or finding the pig that I accidentally threw off of the edge into the water. :P

Goro-Link

I am all of me.
I guess for me its the powder keg. great item, but why do you only get 1? i mean, i know they're big and all, but would it kill nintendo have a little un-realism when it counts the most?

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
I'd have to say either the spinner (but they sometimes made it helpful on some heart peices) or the bremen mask. ALL YOU DO IS MARCH AROUND the only thing good about it is that it gets you my favorite mask in the game which is the bunny hood. but another useless item is the couple's mask because you only use it once and go through all that just for one peice of heart, when they could have just gave it to you in the first place instead of going to the mayor's office

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
The different rods (fire rod, ice rod, LA's magic rod), since I never use them. Mostly because they eat through magic and I usually have other items that'll do their job better anyway. I'd have said the same for LttP's magic powder, but turning anti-fairies into fairies is pretty useful.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
From each game:

LoZ - Book of Magic
AoL - Boots
ALttP - Magic Cape
LADX - Shovel
OoT - Ice Arrows
MM - SEVERAL masks other than the transformation/utility masks.
OoX - Shovel
WW - Telescope
MC - Joy Butterfly that increases Digging Speed
TP - Slingshot
PH - Bombs (after finding bombchus)

That's all I could think of. Several of the games had few useless items, while some had more than one.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Probably the Slingshot (in TP only). You use it like 3 times in the whole game, you can never find ammo for it past the first dungeon, and it's pathetic. Worse yet, it still sits in your inventory after you get the much better Hero's Bow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom