• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your unpopular Zelda opinion?

The Minish Cap and Four Swords games should take place in the Second Timeline that Skyward Sword created
the Sacred Sword should be the Goddess Sword

GrogStan

ahhhhhhhhh
Not sure if anyone's said this yet but: I feel like the Zelda timeline not only makes sense but is actually pretty good. Timeline splits really aren't that confusing to me personally and the ones in the Zelda timeline aren't confusing by timeline split standards. Also, it makes Zelda lore speculation much more interesting.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Not sure if anyone's said this yet but: I feel like the Zelda timeline not only makes sense but is actually pretty good. Timeline splits really aren't that confusing to me personally and the ones in the Zelda timeline aren't confusing by timeline split standards. Also, it makes Zelda lore speculation much more interesting.

For me it's less that it doesn't technically make sense and more that the timeline is totally irrelevant in the games.

This is gonna be really long. Man, some of your opinions are wild. Not all of these are that polarizing but, I guess I'll go:

-This is beating a dead horse, but even though BoTW was great in its own right, it was very dissapointing too. I think it just comes down to expectations. I liked the voice acting though.

-Twilight Princess is the best game in the series for presentation, Midna's character, dungeons, overall story, some great songs... The game is definitely flawed, but I still believe this.

-Ocarina of Time is the most replayable Zelda game.

-Spirit Tracks has one of the best climaxes in the series, up there with some of the 3D titles, and the final boss theme (Vs. Malladus part 3) is one of the best songs in the franchise. (Hate the transportation method in the overworld tho).

-Skyward Sword has a lot of problems, but it has some pretty great cinematics and story, the gameplay was really fun, there's some really good songs and I like Fi.

-I'm sorry for being salty, but Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are the most overrated games in the franchise, even if I still love both.

-Zelda 2 is better than 1.

-3D Zeldas are better than 2D.

-Navi isn't annoying, she's just barely a character...sorry.

-I LOVE the timeline stuff, I love for the games to be connected in any way, shape or form, and I wish they used the Hyrule Warriors idea for a story in a mainline game.

-I wish for Saria and Midna to come back (shocker...i know)

And now the most stupid one: I'd like to play a female lead in a 3D Zelda, doesn't have to be Zelda or female Link.

This is beating a dead horse, but even though BoTW was great in its own right, it was very dissapointing too. I think it just comes down to expectations. I liked the voice acting though.
At best, BotW is Okay, at worse, BotW is subpar.

Twilight Princess is the best game in the series for presentation, Midna's character, dungeons, overall story, some great songs... The game is definitely flawed, but I still believe this.
1665828722590.png

Spirit Tracks has one of the best climaxes in the series, up there with some of the 3D titles, and the final boss theme (Vs. Malladus part 3) is one of the best songs in the franchise. (Hate the transportation method in the overworld tho).
[throws a table at ST]

Ocarina of Time is the most replayable Zelda game.
As well as ALttP and LA. Generally, any Zelda game. It just comes down to how one perceives the individual game. imo

I'm sorry for being salty, but Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are the most overrated games in the franchise, even if I still love both.
WHY, so, salty!
Srsly though, my first play-through of both, WW was fun but got mildly boring fast(all the sailing, so many sailing). MM, I initially hated for dumb reasons(i'd rather not say) but it was a decent game.

The best is for last:
Navi isn't annoying, she's just barely a character...sorry.
"HEY! LISTEN! HEY! WATCH OUT! LOOK! LISTEN! LISTEN! LISTEN! WATCH OUT! HEY! HEY! HEY! WATCH OUT!"
ALL!!! FRIGGIN!!! GAME!!! IT WAS INFURIATING!!!

I feel that of all the 3D Zelda games the one that has aged badly the most is Skyward Sword
I dont know if its because of the motion controls or the empty overworld but i dont have the desire to replay that game anytime soon

The Oracles Minish Cap and the Four Swords games are very Underrated

I feel like the Zelda franchise should had ended with Majora Mask i dont know feels like a Good ending with the Hero of Time saving Both Hyrule and Termina although i think that Majora Mask closed a stage of a Zelda era i feel like the NES games ALTTP Ocarina and Majora were more "Dark" and more Western Fantasy while Wind Waker until Breath of the Wild feels more "Anime" and more Oriental

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
-Twilight Princess is the best game in the series for presentation, Midna's character, dungeons, overall story, some great songs... The game is definitely flawed, but I still believe this.
Agree big time here, it tries very hard to be an epic fantasy story and it can fall flat at times but for the most part it succeeds in a big way,
-Ocarina of Time is the most replayable Zelda game.
Idk if I agree with this one, I'm on my first replay of it rn, but like most Zelda games, it doesn't really get good until you get the Master Sword
-I'm sorry for being salty, but Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are the most overrated games in the franchise, even if I still love both.
Hard agree on Wind Waker, it's great but not the greatest.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Please do not get me started on how there are no timeline splits in OoA because of how the rules of the Harp of Ages' time travel differs from the Gate of Time's time-travel shenanigans.

I literally do not have the time today.
Lol, well then get to it today! Link changes things in the past so there are nearly infinite branching timelines, just as with OoT and, if we want to get really ridiculous about it, the stasis rune and the clock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom