• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favorite Zelda song

I don't think I could ever pick just one, but the credits theme from Link to the Past has always really moved me.

(starts at 5:36)

I hope that the Zelda series sees a return to strong melody-driven soundtracks. Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom's largely ambient sound scape and gentle piano punctuations were a breath (hah) of fresh air in some ways, but I do sorely miss strong musical themes in my Zelda games.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
ZD Champion
I always loved the Astral Observatory music, but it's really hard to pick a favourite. That's the one that I tend to be drawn to the most but from an objective perspective, I don't think I can pick. Zelda music is so cleverly composed, especially the underrated soundtracks of Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom that every game is filled to the brim with music that, from a theoretical perspective, is fantastic and genius.

Gotta give special credit to Colgera's Theme as that's been my Zelda music obsession for the better part of a year now.

Daku Rinku

Midna’s Simp
ZD Champion
Forum Volunteer
I always loved the Astral Observatory music, but it's really hard to pick a favourite. That's the one that I tend to be drawn to the most but from an objective perspective, I don't think I can pick. Zelda music is so cleverly composed, especially the underrated soundtracks of Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom that every game is filled to the brim with music that, from a theoretical perspective, is fantastic and genius.

Gotta give special credit to Colgera's Theme as that's been my Zelda music obsession for the better part of a year now.
Is this the One?

The flute is so soothing!

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
ZD Champion
Is this the One?

The flute is so soothing!

Yup! It contains nods to Molgera's Theme and Dragon Roost Island from The Wind Waker, along with melodic and harmonic cues to Revali's Theme, Tulin's Theme, and the instrumentation including the accordion referencing Kass (and, by extension, the Rito in general as Revali's Theme and Windblight Ganon's theme also include accordion) makes it one huge, cohesive love letter to one of my favourite games of all time and I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom