• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is your favorite Zelda song

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
The Spirit Temple Theme from Ocarina of Time.

Mainly because, it really tickles my synesthesia, and because it utilizes what I call the "dark tonalities of metal."

Those being Phrygian, Phrygian Dominant, harmonic minor, Hungarian minor, and double harmonic major, which also goes by the Byzantine Scale, or Super Turkish, if you want to make it sound like a brand of coffee.

Most music theorists online though just straight up say it's Phrygian, even though the piece of music isn't a modal piece of music and has some notes that aren't diatonic to the Phrygian mode.

They just hear the 1 and b2 intervals and declare it to be Phrygian based on that alone, even though we can hear it's not perfectly Phrygian. The only time it is, is in the intro fanfare.

Last edited:

Fierce Deity Link

Majora’s Bane
The Spirit Temple Theme from Ocarina of Time.

Mainly because, it really tickles my synesthesia, and because it utilizes what I call the "dark tonalities of metal."

Those being Phrygian, Phrygian Dominant, harmonic minor, hungarian minor, and double harmonic major, which also goes by the Byzantine Scale, or Super Turkish, if you want to make it sound like a brand of coffee.

Most music theorists online though just straight up say it's Phrygian, even though the piece of music isn't a modal piece of music and has some notes that aren't diatonic to the Phrygian mode.

They just hear the 1 and b2 intervals and declare it to be Phrygian based on that alone, even though we can hear it's not perfectly Phrygian. The only time it is, is in the intro fanfare.

Very nice, I hear the Byzantine and Turkish tones. Beautiful.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
I have a lot of favorite theme but my top three is actually from the same game, Twilight Princess.
Midna's Lament, Hyrule Field Night, and Twilit Insect Boss themes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom