• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is the Meaning Behind Your Username?

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
My username comes from the fact that I'm an insomniac and I spend a lot of my time awake at night on sites like this one. Attack was just a random fun rhyme I thought of.

TheRockinStallion

If I'm not back in 15 minutes, just wait longer!
Didn't we cover that already? I'M A DUDE!
I like the band Motorhead and my favorite movie is Days of Thunder where Tom Cruise's car number was 46.

I lived in Northern Japan for a good two years and up there we were pretty much cold all the time. One of my friends even had frostbite from being outside to long! A bunch of my friends and I started calling ourselves the Frozen Chosen because of it and the name has stuck over the years.

I think my IRC quit message explains this well.
The is a demonstrative article. 8 is the best number. Ark was a very cool mute with many emotions. The-8th-ark. I did not jump over any sharks.
We all know Ark is from the game Terranigma. I liked the game so much I used that. And I added in my favourite number just because Ark on it's own is taken everywhere.

Although I've been a LoZ fan for a long time a few months ago my love for it resurfaced majorly, along with my love for the 90's Sailor Moon. Since SM's protag is the princess of the moon, and Zelda is commonly a princess and time is relevant in LoZ I just kinda mashed the two together. Also 75% of my usernames have the phrase "Luna" in there somewhere because I'm used to the nickname online.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I have had 3 usernames since I have joined the site so I might as well explain all of them.

Din's Fire: This was my first username for 3 reasons. 1 I couldn't think of anything so I chose a random item from Ocarina of Time that sounded the coolest. 2 The only reason I really joined the site was because of the original podcast, which one of the hosts of the show was a user under the username Din, so I felt it fit. 3 I am not creative at all.

PancakeSamurai: I used to be friends with a member who used to go by the name WaffleNinja, and she told be to do this username because I didn't like the first one and wanted to change it. Nothing else to it, but the fact that I didn't exactly "choose" my old usernames made me kind of hate them and wish I was called something else. Which is why I helped petition the new username change rules.

Ayano Keiko: This is the only username that I have that I truly like and I truly chose for myself. I really like this username and I actually think it fits me well. First of all I feel like I'm kind of feminine. Maybe not completely, but I identify as a female on the site so that should be enough. I also like Japanese things. Call me a weeaboo, I don't care. I am just in love with things like Anime and Nintendo and I even go as far as watching anime subbed and playing Fire Emblem with the Japanese voice acting just to listen to the language. It's also a strange pick of favorite character from Sword Art Online. In the game in the anime, she goes under that alias Silica, but I liked her real name more. She's not anywhere close to a major character though and I wish they showed more of her just so we could learn more about her. From what's there though I really like her personality and think her personality is similar to mine. I have 2 keychains of her and a Yugioh play mat of her and it's so weird because she's so underdeveloped but I just really like her character. But ever since the first episode she appeared in, I adored her. If the writer won't love you then I will. ;-;

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Mine's fairly simple. When you defeat a Wizzrobe in the Wind Waker, they make this funny scream that sounds like they are in some tribe of savages. Hence my username was born!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Blue - what my personality color was
Lake - water was my element
Kylie - my real life nickname

Actually, my username is a little 'outdated' (hence me saying 'was'); I know for a fact that the color blue no longer described me, nor does the water element. A while ago, everybody was all about finding out what their describing color was and element, and that's where I got my username from, but after recently looking into it again, I've changed so much it no longer described me. Oh well, I still like the color and water, so whatevs.

right now it would be more like purplefirekylie lol

I've always thought about changing my username but I can't think of anything to change it to that I would like more than what I have… BlueLakeKylie has kind of become my signature thing since I use it on pretty much every website ever now

Oh yeah, and long long ago, I was called… (sigh) MarinetheWitch. Picked that when I was ten. uuuuugh

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Snakeoiltanker is a song by a band I used to be obsessed with, that I still listen too, just their new stuff kinda sucks. The band was called Alkaline Trio. Snakeoiltanker was a song off their first album, and I just really like the song, and thought it would be a really cool Username. I use it everywhere, and have had the name for like 15 years now. To the point that even some of my real life friends call me Snake.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Beauts is just... so when I was like 17 I had this boyfriend and he called me that. I didn't choose it as my username out of some weird heartbreaky nostalgia or anything, it was just short and sweet. This is the only place I think I use this username. I don't even really like it but it's simple and I cba to think of a new one, although my usertitle is Becky Boots now, which comes from the fact that for some reason in my life a lot of people have decided that I look like a Rebecca. My real name is not Rebecca, but hey. Anyway, the Boots part is because of a sb conversation with I forget who, who asked how to pronounce Beauts, as in was it like short for beautiful (which technically it is but meh), or a French pronunciation or whatever. Boots is like a semi-bastardised pronunciation I suppose. And Becky Boots sounds like a stripper so there is that.

Well, my original name on here was TSter The Great

I was thinking the other day trying to remember what you were originally called!

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I have this friend and we wrote a story together. He'd write one paragraph, I'd write the next and so on. It got a little bit out of hand and one of the characters ended up being called King Wobbly Willy, which for a 15 year old is a great source of amusement. The name is unique, so I use it for a username sometimes.

My name comes from the shiver you get when you first start drinking Whiskey. I just started drinking whiskey when I came up with the name and wanted to stop using my old username that the very mature 15 year old version of myself came up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom