• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What is Ghirahim? Theories

J

jokekid

my main theory is that ghirahim is the equal to the final boss' sword as Fi is to the master sword...

reasons: final battle, his transformation actually looks a bit like Fi, at least in style, same style of hair, weird color and shiny.
also, there is this moment where you see the black master sword instead of ghirahim in the tranformation cutscene...
after final battle, the most obvious reason, the badguy takes his sword out of ghirahim...

this last reason points to ghirahim being a bit diferent from Fi, since instead of living in the sword, the sword lives in him...

what do you people think?

I really wish they addressed that a little more in the game... it would have been nice to know something.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yes, it seems it's sort of reversed with Ghirahim and Fi (although Ghirahim did sort of transform into the sword for a second before his final battle). Anyway, I think it's clear that Fi was based off of Ghirahim when Hylia created her. Fi was created after the battle with Demise, which his sword would have been used in. I think it's only logical to think what I said is true.

I really wish they addressed that a little more in the game... it would have been nice to know something.

Thats Nintendo for you! xD I also wish Ghirahim and Fi had took more notice of eachother. They are cleary similar and unless everyone is running around with a sword that has a spirit I would have thought Ghirahim would have said...SOMETHING. I believe the most he says is the sword is "interesting"...

^ ^

The game states Hylia created Fi after sealing away Demise. Zelda explains it right before she goes to sleep.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That depends on what point in Hylia's timeline she created Fi. I wouldn't say it's logical as Hylia/Zelda couldn't have created her after being involved in the final battle, as at that point she was too far forward in time. Similarly, Hylia as she was in the past didn't observe the 'final' battle with Demise otherwise I'm sure she would have been involved.

Yet it's also hard to say that Ghirahim was based on Fi. As Demise wasn't even aware of the Master Sword until just before his death/sealing away.

It's directly stated that Fi was created after the battle with Demise. Since Ghirahim was around before Fi, it's only logical to say Fi was based off of Ghirahim.

I'm not quite sure how you know 'The Ghirahim Sword' was involved in the final battle though. The way it was pulled from him was pretty aggressive and I'm sure something like that would leave him powerless, if not dead.

Ghirahim was absorbed into the sword. There's not really much to say there other than he was in the battle as the sword (in a sense).

The likeness of Ghirahim to Fi is not a new theory. It has been speculated since Ghirahim was revealed circa-whenever that was... Anyway... I've always had suspicions that Ghirahim was a sword spirit(?) from the start, as many others have. Though, I am very glad the Ghirahim = Gilded Sword theories have practically died.

bunny

birb overlord
I had a theory a few weeks before the game came out, that Ghirahim was a sword much like Fi, which I can now confirm, given I've completed the game. Unfortunately, there are still quite a number of people who don't believe this. I've gotta say, it's pretty obvious. Though one thing left unexplained, yet I've come to assume, does Ghirahim become engulfed by the Master Sword, along with Demise?

Anyway, I'm just glad most people are coming to believe that Ghirahim really is a sword like Fi. :)

Last edited:

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
Ghirahim is pretty much the Master Sword to Demise, so perhaps this sword has something to do with the sword in the future that Ganondorf uses in the final battle in Twilight Princess...maybe? But I'm getting this from when in the cutscene before fighting Demise, there is a design on it that represents the Triforce.

D

DragonT

I just thought of this: because Ghirahim has a 'human-like' form when you him te first two times, does Fi also have a human form? Maybe we have seen here in other games without knowing it (Great Fairy?).

Ghirahim is pretty much the Master Sword to Demise, so perhaps this sword has something to do with the sword in the future that Ganondorf uses in the final battle in Twilight Princess...maybe? But I'm getting this from when in the cutscene before fighting Demise, there is a design on it that represents the Triforce.

The sword Ganondorf uses in Twilight Princess is the sword that the sages used for executions. We see him obtain it in the flashback at the end of Arbiter's Grounds.

skybird11

state alchemist
if you've watched Full Metal Alchemist then you'd think he's like Greed because he can harden parts of his body as shown in the fire sanctuary boss fight. :D

I'd say if anything, she would be the fairy queen from WW
View attachment 20287
However she is put to rest in the Master Sword at the end of the game so it's pretty much impossible to see her again.

I really hate the resemblance of Fi to the Fairy Queen of The Wind Waker; it really messes with my head (I don't mean the design itself, much rather the concept. I dunno...). It still creeps up from the depths of my mind, in spite of the fact that I have seemingly abandoned the Fi = Fairy Queen theories. Why the designers took this route with Fi's design is beyond me, but I suspect it was intentionally done to arouse the players' imagination. If that is the case, I'd have to say it was very effective. Anyone care to see an evil childlike King of Fairies resembling Ghirahim? lol

"Child... I must tell you... You are just my type. Tee hee hee! /suspicious... :suspicious:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Ghirahim does say "I am a Weapon" during the transformation. As far as I can tell from the game without speculation is that Ghirahim is Demise's sword as much as Fi is the goddess sword/Master Sword. Fi may have been based off Ghirahim from Hylia's previous fight with Demise, But I think that's as far as we can go to fi being related to Ghirahim without over Speculation.

Z

Zelda1993

Ghirahim Backup Plan for Demise?

My theory is that Ghirahim is a back up plan for Demise. Like Fi was one of Hylia's plans to keep/destroy Demise sealed. On the off chance Demise failed he probably made his sword take on a human form (Ghirahim) when Demise was sealed away. Also when Link was having nightmares about Demise, he saw Fi. All I am trying to say is that Fi was awakened when Link was ready to become the Hero but could have Ghirahim been awakened he knew his master was breaking free from the Sealed Grounds. If this makes sense please comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom