• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Link Had a Gun As a Weapon

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
if it served a similar purpose to arrows or slingshot then fine so long as it's a steampunk gun and cant be used all the time as a main weapon.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If Link had a gun, I'd snipe all enemies from afar, and very seldom go out with blazing guns of glory.

But I never want to see this franchise transformed into a shooter. I always want Zelda to be original, but never err toward modernism. It might then be tainted by the secular qualities out there, and I desire it to shun such things.

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
guns? in Zelda? I mean, it could work, but I would never want it to! Zelda is a fantasy title, and I think guns would detract from that. We don't want a modern science fiction game. For guns to work, Zelda would have to be changed for the worse, and I would never want that!

Big Octo

=^)
Well said. But I think the fans would revolt.
Honestly, why are only a few people being open-minded about this. If you read all the arguments by me, Austin, Hanyou, and Axle, you'd understand that this could actually work. Would you really quit if Link had a slow-reloading, single shot Blunderbuss that's a bit inaccurate? It wouldn't even change the gameplay at all. I've said enough for a summary. Read everything else to get the whole business.

@big octo ^^ i agree with you.

i just think soem people see guns as turning something unique into some generic dribble game thats a dime a dozen nowdays.
which if links main wepon was a gun probably would happen at least a little.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I don't think Link's MAIN weapon will ever be anything other than a sword, let alone a ranged weapon.

M

mr luigi dude

that kinda ruins the feel of the game its kinda mythical and guns are used by humans not hyruliens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom