• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What if Link Had a Gun As a Weapon

I posted this video before, but... In this video it appears that a gun-like weapon is being used. It appears to be more of a cannon, though.

[video=youtube;LIgh4Vg-w8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIgh4Vg-w8A[/video]​

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
It could work, but a gun would kind of ruin gameplay making enemies too easy just shooting from affar...

Unless they use a musket:fd1054.jpg

Though they would have to change gameplay so you use it as a sword...

They pulled of the Bazooka at TP but, but its role was so litte its a forgetable item in the game... besides its different to have a train(transportation) to have a long ranged powerful weapon like a gun...

They could pull it off, but I wouldn't like it...

Conor

the over analysing guy
It could work, but a gun would kind of ruin gameplay making enemies too easy just shooting from affar...

Unless they use a musket:View attachment 16621

Though they would have to change gameplay so you use it as a sword...

They pulled of the Bazooka at TP but, but its role was so litte its a forgetable item in the game... besides its different to have a train(transportation) to have a long ranged powerful weapon like a gun...

They could pull it off, but I wouldn't like it...
I would've imagined the gun as not being too effective against stronger enemies, exactly like arrows against darknuts in tp, and possibly a late game weapon, to emphasize how far you are in the game , shooting enemies left right and center on epona :p

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I'm saying the should use the old muskets, blunderbusses and flint locks if they want to incorporate guns into the game. Canons would be a nice addition to...but I doubt we will be seeing an AK anytime soon :P I could definatly picture Link on Epona shooting enemies....but would recoil come into play or would the gun handle like the bow in OoT with no real recoil? I would like it to have more of a kick and make it a little more challenging to use. How do you think Nintendo would introduce the gun into a Zelda game? Obviously it would be a basic weapon found....but could you upgrade it or take it to a "weaponsmith" persey?

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
I would've imagined the gun as not being too effective against stronger enemies, exactly like arrows against darknuts in tp, and possibly a late game weapon, to emphasize how far you are in the game , shooting enemies left right and center on epona :p

Or maybe it could be an item ending a trading sequence, to make the game easier like the boomerang at the end of Link's Awakening, but i don't imagine powder piercieng bullets would be as weak as an arrow...

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I'd like something like this, if a gun were added:
1000x521_4420_Glyph_Pistol_2d_fantasy_gun_glyph_pistol_weapon_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

I kind of find guns to be a cowardly weapon, but that's more so in reality.
This is fiction, and Zelda's never stayed strictly to any specific area. It's kept some medieval themes, but advanced at some points.

If a gun is ever added, I would use it.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I honestly don't care whether or not guns are implemented into a Zelda game. Zelda is a workable series so if you can incorporate trains, steam boats, and other machines and devices, why not guns? Of coarse their is always the argument of "It just won't be Zelda," Why? If you can add the elements that make it Zelda and guns it will still be a Zelda game to me. I am not worried at all that Nintendo will ever make an FPS Zelda, do you really think Nintendo would do that? We already have projectile weapons like the bow so why not a gun? I honestly say go for it if you can make it work, guns have the same concept as a bow, to shoot a projectile out and cause damage. All in all I think that we will see muskets and maybe a pistol in the near future, I most certainly think it will be a while before we get an AK-47 or a Barret .50 cal.

Big Octo

=^)
I am sorry but adding a gun would ruin it all. I hate that they added a train and a steam boat (especially because the train was invented BEFORE the steam boat.) Link would look ridiculous holding a gun. Think toon Link holding a shiny gun silver-ish or adult Link holding a brown Bess. Link probably couldn't afford a gun anyway! And Link's clothing shows he is clearly from medieval times. And it would be more violent because it would show a bloody hole and the older guns could make a HUGE hole in you even make you lose a limb. And I played mortal combat at the age of 5 or 4! A gun would also make the game WAAAAAY to easy! All you would have to do is shoot mindlessly! If you want a gun then play a different game like Halo or Call of Duty. You might as well give him a mustang, sun glasses, a tropical shirt, and white pants! I rather die a painful and slow death than play a game like that!
Well, you haven't seemed to realize that guns are very old and even go back to late Medieval Times. Imagine Link holding a Blunderbuss or Musket (By the way, we're talking about those kinds). That's totally possible. And when Link slashes somebody, there's no bloody gash on them, like I said before, adding guns wouldn't force the developers to include blood and gore, making that argument lack water. And personally, I think someone cutting up somebody else with a sword is much more violent than a gunshot. Also as stated multiple times, it wouldn't drastically change the gameplay like you think it would.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The day Link uses a gun is the day I stop playing Zelda.

This. Guns seem so ignoble compared to a Sword and Shield (and even the Bow); Link is a noble hero and should use noble weapons. Remember the words of ol' Ben: "A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age."

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Guns are noble, if used in a 'noble' fashion that is. But, I think that sort of plays into what I was saying as their being random compared to a bow or a sword. All sorts of happenings are with a gun whereas in a weapon as simple as a bow or a sword have little chance of failure (I swear, there was a movie or a show outlining what I'm trying to say, and it said it perfectly). If you are referring to the dignity commonly associated with those who use guns, well, that shouldn't play a part as those are only a specific set of people; Link is obviously different :lol:

"A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age."

Yes, and I think Zelda fits as civilized.

Big Octo

=^)
This. Guns seem so ignoble compared to a Sword and Shield (and even the Bow); Link is a noble hero and should use noble weapons. Remember the words of ol' Ben: "A more civilized weapon for a more civilized age."
Who says guns aren't noble? In the early ages of guns, nobility were one of the few classes that used them. Also, have you played the Fable series? You are a noble hero that can use guns. There is absolutely no problem with Link using a gun as an item.

Big Octo

=^)
Sorry, I saw no guns in the list of medieval weapons. I also studied medieval weapons last year and the year before. My friend also is a huge fan of medieval times and she said they didn't have guns until AFTER the medieval times. I also looked it up and every website said their were no guns in medieval times. Sorry. They had cannons and Fire Lances. But I guess it depends on what you count as medieval times because historians can't always agree. Also it depends on what you call a gun.
I said late Medieval times, as in very late. Guns were made and used in those times, they were the oldest kinds.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
The only way I could see a viable gun in a zelda game would be as a crossbow. The crossbow could cause a lot of damage but it would have to have a long reload time to make up for the power.

I always thought the hookshot looked kind of like a gun though it probably be better described as a ballistics projectile. I t would be interesting if the hookshot could do more then paralyze an enemy and instead caused damage sue to the sharp end going through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom