• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Else Would You Like to Ride?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yep, Shads said it: A dragon. And perhaps I'd like to see Link fly a broom, lol. That'd be like funny and awesome at the same time. :P

I'd actually like to have a variety of steeds available for selection, each with their perks. Horses come to mind instantly, and dragons could be rare but epic additions capable of flight and breathing fire. What about large wolves capable of attacking on their own, running faster than any other steed but easily defeated/incapacitated? (Assuming steed health became a factor.) Big ostriches, sea serpents, sea turtles, the sky's the limit. It would increase the feeling of oneship (to coin a term) with Link to be able to choose your own mount.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If ever Nintendo decides to revisit the size shifting mechanic of The Minish Cap I'd like to see Link ride a creature different from those the series has seen prior be it an insect or a mole.

I can imagine this: Link rides a cat! He shrinks to tiny size in some kind of Minish Cap sequel, and (provided the cat is a big ol' thing like one that lived at one of my former workplaces), he climbs the kitty-colossus and rides around trimumphantly upon the one creature of that species that doesn't try to kill him.

That, or a cuccoo. Link doesn't even have to be in a shrinking game for the cuccoo - just a giant cuccoo he rescues from posession or something out of the first temple. Or, maybe even better than that - full-sized adult Link has a regular sized cuccoo, but one with stronger gliding capablities than the ones we've seen in the games so far. He glides everywhere hanging onto a cuccoo. :cucco:

I'm tired and stressed, apparently... or there was something in that tea.

He's also ridden Phantoms and boars. But I guess hitching a ride on Zelda's shield to cross lava doesn't really count. But in the same game, he rode birds like a trapeze artist, wooden pole hanging from strings and all.
I want to see Link riding a giant fish or whale to cross a humongous body of water and having to defend himself from various enemies that try to attack him.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I'd rather see a feature back to the series where Link transforms into a transport, much like the Wolf in TP except this time maybe as something more epic like a dragon or gryphon (like the flying mount in WoW). I think this would be an awesome feature, could even be a part of the main plot?

Oh well, if that idea is way too stupid then I'd just remove the transform mechanic but keep the creatures, either dragon or gryphon, maybe both?

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I thought the idea of a motorcycle from the fake "future Zelda" poster that made the rounds a few years ago was pretty sexy...

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I'd rather see a feature back to the series where Link transforms into a transport, much like the Wolf in TP except this time maybe as something more epic like a dragon or gryphon (like the flying mount in WoW). I think this would be an awesome feature, could even be a part of the main plot?

Oh well, if that idea is way too stupid then I'd just remove the transform mechanic but keep the creatures, either dragon or gryphon, maybe both?
Not stupid at all, I had an idea awhile back: Dragon Link.

Somebody please tell me which games the bears and italian reptiles are in...

A WWII-style plane. I know what you're thinking, technology, least of all planes, don't belong in Zelda, but it would fit in a completely steampunk Hyrule. Link can have airborne dogfights with other planes, he could fights flying monsters like dragons and gun them down, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom