• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
I DO want Tingle back, but only as a killable character. Tingle will go to hell. And I will party.

When you said you wanted Tingle back I thought you liked him, but I'm glad I read the rest of your post:lol:. I do not want to see easy dungeons, bosses, or puzzles, no Tingle, no useless items, NO TINGLE, no short games, and last but not least NO TINGLE (I cannot stress this enough).

- Rated M ESRB rating - As I've said before, I don't ever want to see Zelda reach rated M.
- Futuristic Zelda - I would not like a sci-fi Zelda. It would spell the end for the series. I mean Epona becoming a motorcycle? No thanks.
- Link talking - As many other fans feel, since Link has never talked before, I'm not sure he should in the future. Other voice-overs for tertiary or even secondary characters would be fine.
I pretty much agree with this.

Zelda rated M would more or less likely mean the addition of more gore and innuendos, both of which the franchise doesn't need. It's fine the way it is, with E-T ratings, in my opinion, and that really shouldn't change. It's aimed for all ages, isn't it?

Now, Link shouldn't talk either, that's a given. He's always been mute. It's a characterisic of his that many would hate to see go away. I think VA itself could work, as long as Link doesn't talk.

Futuristic Zelda is a little iffy, though. Sci-Fi should just steer clear of Zelda, I agree, but "futuristic" doesn't necessarily always mean "space age", either, though the term implies it. As we all know, TWW has taken a turn for technological advances. The engine in PH, and now the train and ST prove that. It could very well reach more advanced technology if this keeps up. This could be considered "futuristic" as well, and may work for the series, if Nintendo choose to make it not go too far. No motorbikes, no space ships, nothing of the sort should ever come into a game like Zelda.

Another thing I don't want to see are useless items. The Slingshot in TP is my primary example here. You got it, used it a few select times, and got it replaced with the Bow and Arrow. Jeez, wasn't that useful? I also don't want to see another Double Clawshot, unless it's not a dungeon's item. Major disappointment there.

"Zant" is another thing that should not return. I actually believe Nintendo could make Zant return, if they wanted to, after him having gone through a complicated character change. Or they could make another boss, similar to how Zant was supposed to be, and just not ruin him. What I don't want is another boss to appear, be made out to be this really cool bad guy, and then have all his thunder stolen by Ganondorf. That was a really bad idea, and it really hurt the game.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I really don't want any more sci-fi stuff or anything remotely close to it. Twilight Princess felt too sci-fi for my tastes, especially many of the baddies. The entire Twilight Realm, while pretty, looked like something off of the sci-fi channel, and I don't feel like it fit the series in the least.

I do NOT want any more sidekicks! Argh! I miss the days of old when the advice you were looking for could be found through random NPCs and signs and whatnot. I'd like to have that feeling of adventuring and exploring on my own again. I don't mind having another character that has a lot of depth and background, but I really don't want them tagging along. While I'm not exactly looking forward to the "hint system" Nintendo has been talking about for their upcoming games, I think it might be a way out of sticking us with a quest buddy.

I don't want any more "surprise" characters. Sheik was all, "Surprise, I'm Zelda!" Same with Tetra, same with KoRL being the king, and somewhat the same with Ciela being the oh-so-important character. No more, please. I know Zelda has some things that are always repeated, but this shouldn't be one of them. It was fun the first couple of times, but now it's so predictable that I don't even know why they bother introducing these new characters in alternate forms. When I saw Midna, I knew she wasn't what she seemed, because it's been done over and over and over.

And I definitely don't want any more crazy new legends being brought up without revealing information about the ones we're already questioning. The whole "The Oocca created the Hylians!" thing brought up in Twilight Princess really threw me for a loop. While it was indeed interesting, it only raised more questions to issues that we haven't yet received answers for. I understand that the timeline is a work in progress, but I think that they should focus on setting us straight on certain things before they decide to further complicate the legend as a whole.

I don't want any more overly dark tones. Darkness is good in moderation, but c'mon, this isn't The Legend of Gothica. Some serious tones, scenes, and characters are great, but there should be some levity to balance it out. This is Zelda, not some halfassed teenage-angst game, yet it seems like that is where the series is heading. I'm not saying it needs to be all Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy, but Nintendo does need to be careful with the whole "more mature Zelda" move. I understand that it's hard to appeal to both western and eastern gamers.... I mean, western gamers want gritty, angsty, blood baths whereas eastern gamers want cutsey, jolly, kiddie games. It's hard to make both sides happy, especially when games like TP are considered "too easy" by westerners and "too hard" by easterners. I suppose that's why the TWW style is being stuck to the DS and the more realistic style to the Wii, but I'd rather see a nice balance in one game rather than seeing two very different styles separated by consoles.

Lastly, I do not want voice acting. Most anime is a good example as to what atrocities occur when dubs are made. If they plan to keep the Link/Player bond alive, it's best that they don't force dialogue on the main character. I didn't mind the garble in TWW and TP... really, Midna's dialogue was actual voice, just garbled. One example is, "The spirits... it can't be!" There are various clips out there containing the actual voice clips, ungarbled. In any case, I wouldn't mind hearing NPCs speak... just so long as they didn't sound dumb and slow like in Fable/II. But Link speaking? No thank you.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
In the first case i never wanted to see a realism Zelda game. Saw some pic's on the internet about a upcoming Zelda movie. It's really stupid to see Link as such a realistic character. i don't like realism graphic's in overall, so i never wanted to see a Zelda game with the graphic's as Metal Gear or something. And we all wanted to see Link in his normal graphic's again. No realism for me please.

Second would also the Futuristic for me, i have to agree. Making fun with Link on a motor is nice but see him walking with a gun a driving into a car... No, i never wanted to see him like this. I love the old times with the Sword, Horses and Castle's, so let the game be. It will also be a huge changing if they release a Futuristic Zelda game.

As third i wanted to adventure alone again. All the other characters told always the next destination. I wanted to figure it out myself like in Majora's Mask. They gave always the points in Twilight Princess, marked as a Red circle, and then Midna told always were to go. Well not only Midna all the person's in Twilight Princess. I wanted to spend hours searching for a specific place on my own, well a charachter with me is okay, but he or she must not tell everything were to go.

As fourth no easy game. Twilight Princess was to easy in my opinion. I wanted to see more challeging bosses and more secret places. I almost never dies in a boss battle in TP while i died many times in OoT and MM. All the games after OoT and MM started to get easier. Well i enjoyed some difficult points in The Wind Waker... again i want a more challeging Zelda again without sidekicks. I miss the old times with the difficult mini-games and galleries in it. They put all the hearth pieces and stuff on the most easiest places in the game. I really enjoyed TP, but never want to see a easy game like this. More challenging bosses and more sectret places and mini-games.

Maybe most people will kill me or something but i DON'T want to see Young Link ever again. It's nice to play as a kid in the games... but giving him a title the Hero of Hyrule is just pathetic. I enjoyed the way he was only playable as adult in Twilight Princess, he fits the titel ''Hero of Hyrule'' more than a little brat. The adult Link fits The Legend of Zelda ways more, we all loved the adult Link now though.

I agree with Zaruda about Link's voice. I never wants to see him speaking normally with people. Hold him just as ''Mario'', Mario never spoke in any nother game. If other characters have a voice i agree with that, but i never want Link to speak. His yellies are enough in the games.

I never want to see blood in the Zelda games. It's normal to see blood if you stab someone or shooting at him/her with a arrow. But like all the other Zelda games i never wanted to see blood in Zelda games. I think Nintendo will never put blood in it, because the games must be playable for children too. I am not a child anymore but i never want to see blood, never.

No more Ganondorf minions. I mean something like Zant who's used by ganondorf. If they put a whole new boss do it without the Power of Ganondorf. It's really hurts me what the Sages said in TP. Ganondorf was placed into the Twilight Realm and cast his power over Zant. I don't want to see a disappoint character again, i mean Zant was as least a crazy dump while my first thought were Zant will be a real big challenge, and a serious badass.

In the next Zelda game i don't want to see Ganondorf return. I don't say i never want to see him again. I like to see something like Vaati or Majora again, just a ''new'' villian in the world of Hyrule. I know Ganondorf is the TRUE villian but i like to see a new one.

The most important for me right now is the games difficulty. I really wanted to see a more challenging game with difficult puzzle's and no sidekicks.

fiercedeity619

Remember the name
i do not want:
-guns
-small hyrule
-no interaction
-tingle unless he's able to be killed
-replacing characters
-easy dungeons,puzzles,and bosses
-M or G rated
and finally i cant believe no one has said this already but i do not want the cucco army gone!:cucco::cucco::cucco::cucco::cucco:

S

Shounenbat

I do not want:

Tingle

Navi

Toon Link

Easy Challenges and Bosses

Linearity - I do think the games need some structure, but I want a little more than go from A to B to C to D to Ganon followed by, "Oh, and you can go find some poes if you get tired of the main quest." Is it wrong to want some Oblivion in Zelda?

Larger Hyrule - Someone above me called Hyrule a dead land, or something to that effect. Absolutely correct, in my opinion. Hyrule should feel like a real place where people make their lives!

No more worthless items - If I'm going to bust my butt to get an item, I'd like to use it someplace other than the temple I found it in. And do I really have to hang on to that slingshot after I find the bow and arrow?

Voice acting, although I could easily handle Midna's garbled "speech".

Modern-day or futuristic Zelda

Sidekicks that point out the obvious - Midna's fine, as she contributes quite heavily to the story and allows Wolf Link to get where he needs, although I could have done without some of her hints, but those fairies did nothing other than point out to you where you should go, how to kill something, etc. Not to mention, the second you got off course and decided to go exploring, you'd hear a distinct, "Hey!"

Crossbow - I know, it was only for the Wii Shooter thing, but I really don't ever want to see it in an actual Zelda game.

MIDI music - Why can't Zelda get the orchestra it deserves? WHY?!?!?

Just because I can't help myself, here's something I would like to see:

Princess Agitha - Seriously, who didn't think she was just weird and quirky in a neat way, not in a Tingle sort of way. I loved finding her golden bugs!

Lastly, I do not want voice acting. Most anime is a good example as to what atrocities occur when dubs are made. If they plan to keep the Link/Player bond alive, it's best that they don't force dialogue on the main character. I didn't mind the garble in TWW and TP... really, Midna's dialogue was actual voice, just garbled. One example is, "The spirits... it can't be!" There are various clips out there containing the actual voice clips, ungarbled. In any case, I wouldn't mind hearing NPCs speak... just so long as they didn't sound dumb and slow like in Fable/II. But Link speaking? No thank you.
Actually, I'm one of those people who have gone from thinking like you, to thinking that voice acting may actually be possible, even in a Zelda game.

Those anime dubs are badly done with voice actors who don't really seem to care, nor who have any real talent. If, however, they had the opposite in voice acting, it really wouldn't be so bad. They should choose the best people who do the best voice for any specific character. They should also make sure that this person knows what they are doing, and put some emotion into it.

Next, voice acting does not mean Link has to talk. Voice acting simply means the other characters, who talk through text, will have voices. Ganondorf, villagers, friends of Link, etc. But not Link himself. Link should NEVER talk.

The only real problem posed with voice acting is using it in sync with Link's name. As we all know, Zelda is a game that allows you the option to name Link whatever you want. I think this adds personality to him, and should not be taken away. However, this poses the threat of what the voice actors will say when they stumble across Link's name. This can be avoided, as long it's done cleverly and carefully.

Therefore, voice acting could work for Zelda, as long as Nintendo choose to make it. My thoughts, anyway.

Y

yumijanine

This is entirely my own opinion:
But I DO NOT WANT any more Trading Sequences!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I don't want to see temples or places that you have to go in over and over again. For example the Ocean King temple in PH... That was annoying.

K

kgp4death

what i want to see
more puzzles not sure when zeldas got away from puzzles
better/more trading sequences
More spin off games...I would love to see "Shadow link" Games
More character development no characters stand out besides link, zelda, +ganon
Maybe develop Bruce Campbell a bit more(lol, I have to get it in there)

what i do not want to see
music i love the zelda music....don't change it
yeah i agree Ganon needs to be out trumped by a more evil entity
i never like the side kicks it should be link and link alone kicking some b***
other good guys are ok but no more tag along sidekicks

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dug428

I don't want easy bosses- I want challenging bosses that you really have to think or use common sense with, and ones that are truly terrifying.

Larger hyrule- i want to find myself in a large huge land that can truly be called THE GREAT KINGDOM OF HYRULE! Not just a field, 2 towns, and a lake, and a desert that no one goes to. I want to find myslef in a great huge desert that has people traveling, and a huge lake where people will take rowboats out and go swimming in, a town that has people interacting with everyone, like in MM when every day the characters had a point! I want more towns.

No more Ganondorf. How about link is about to find Ganon and a great entity appears and goes like "You're services are no longer required" and kill him." I want a new villain. someone like Fawful in mario.

Voice acting- Not a good choice.

Harder puzzles- I hated the Gaurdian Puzzle, and I love it also. I want more puzzles like it, and no fairy that says "you should push that pot right there to that spot right there."

NO WRITE ON MAP!- This is one of the reasons Phantom Hourglass was too easy. This isn't a good idea!!!!

octorok74

TETTAC
No more technological advances. The train idea is really pushing it. Whatever happened to riding a horse or walking the whole time like in the original. Technology has corrupted Earth and I don't want to see it corrupt Hyrule.

Hm, I'm not sure if we have a topic like this or not, I can't find one, so I guess it's fine.

There's a couple of things I don't want to see in a future Zelda game.

- Rated M ESRB rating - As I've said before, I don't ever want to see Zelda reach rated M.
- Futuristic Zelda - I would not like a sci-fi Zelda. It would spell the end for the series. I mean Epona becoming a motorcycle? No thanks.
- Link talking - As many other fans feel, since Link has never talked before, I'm not sure he should in the future. Other voice-overs for tertiary or even secondary characters would be fine.

Those are the basics for me.

I agree with everything linkman8 said. It would be a shame if they would go to these measures.

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
I disagree with alot of peoples opinions in here.....

I want Toon Link to stay.... He is pretty much the AT Link, and taking him out and replacing him with anything else would feel weird and wrong.

I don't as such want harder bosses as such. I want bosses to do more damage, be more harmful than too much more difficult. I found all the TP bosses fun to fight, where as I found most of MM and OOTs bosses painful and irritating to fight.

I want a longer game per say, but not too much longer. If i wanted something Final Fantasy length, i'd go play Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda games usually have the tendency to be the perfect length. LTTP and OOT felt likr the perfect length. MM and TP felt kind of short, but not as to make them too short, and the Piece of the Triforce quest made WW feel longer than it needed to be....

Tingle is also fine in my opinion. I like the fact that MM made you buy maps to make up the world map instead of just expanding it by visiting places. It made more sense to me really. And Tingle only gets the hate he does in WW because of the Triforce Piece Quest and the pain involved with it. Other than that, he's a perfectly fine NPC who doesn't deserve all the hate.

Side characters are also a must in Legend of Zelda, and have become tradition since Ocarina of Time. Whilst I agree they should tone down the obvious unless you specifically want a clue, I feel it would subtract from the story and general atmosphere if you took them out entirely.

As for area of Hyrule.....I did like the size in TP, though I agree it was somewhat empty. If there was more in it or more fun sidequests, it would of been more acceptable all up. I'm all for a bigger Hyrule as long as its productive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom