• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

I don't want another sequel to Ocarina of Time.
OOT has had too many sequels, MM, TP, WW, PH.
The next Zelda game needs to have a story that does not tie into OOT.

I also don't want Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf to have voices.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Overall, I think I've seen some things I wouldn't necessarily mind having again, but there are definitely things I could easily get out of and things that have never been added that I don't think would add to the overall game experience.

First of all, I can not stress enough how very, very much I agree with all of you that Link should not talk. Link talked in the LoZ TV show as well as in FoE and WoG, and we all saw what that did. If Link ever talks, I will lose all hope for Nintendo as a game company and I will buy a Playstation 3. THAT'S HOW SERIOUS I AM! Seriously, who has a PS3?

On another note, I would not like to see whatever Sci-fi things that you all are talking about. I've never even heard any rumors of anything like that, but that definitely sounds odd to me. I'd think about it for a moment, but in that moment, something would break and I'd probably have a stroke. Sci-fi and Zelda are like food and soap; they are two things that are fine separately but not together.
On the other hand, I don't think TP was necessarily Sci-fi. I believe the alternate dimension thing was sort of like a topic that could also be used in Science fiction, but in this case, it was explained well enough for me to accept it. Plus, it's basically like the darkworld from LttP. Same idea, just carried out differently.

Moreover, I would also not like to see anymore damned tagalongs. Navi, Tatl, Midna, I'm okay with their existing, just stop following me! I always thought it odd that somebody was following me all the way through and pretending to help me when really, they were just standing there and yelling, "Hey, Listen!" for thirty minutes just to tell me something they told me thirty minutes ago. And Midna didn't really have to be with you, she was magic enough to just hide in the shadows, it always seemed to me like she was just being a lazy, stuck up *** who would rather ride along on the back of a wolf than merely hide in the shadows through the dungeon and then kill the end boss with her crazy-powerful magic. Seriously, she can lift up giant-*** rocks but not bash a Goron's brain against a wall until it drops her Fused Shadow.

I'm also not a big fan of quests that require gynormous ammounts of rupees for no reason. Tingle would translate your maps for 200 rupees, so you had to keep coming back because you couldn't get them all in one shot. It really kind of pissed me off. Then I had to sail the seas in search of Rupees! Or rather, I just cut the grass outside my Cabana for a while because while it was monotonous, it took far less time.
There was also the sidequest for the magic armor in TP which involved like a thousand for the bridge, then five thousand for the store or something like that. Whatever the price was, it was enormous and the reward wasn't that great, but you didn't know that until you actually got it.

Overall, I'm probably going to be happy with about any Zelda game they come out with just because I trust Nintendo, but there are a few things that could break it for me.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I don't want to see things that you have to repeat over in games. I absolutely hated the Temple of the Ocean King and The spirit bug catching in PH and TP!

As long as they don't do that, i'm happy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom