• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Don't You Want To See In a Future Zelda Game

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
So what don't you want to see in a future zelda game?

I wouldn't like to see another annoying character that says "Hey! Hey! Listen":xd: I don't want to go though the experience again with Navi.

I also don't wanna see useless items. It is like we nearly waste all our items, nearly kill ourselves to get them.

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm, I'm not sure if we have a topic like this or not, I can't find one, so I guess it's fine.

There's a couple of things I don't want to see in a future Zelda game.

- Rated M ESRB rating - As I've said before, I don't ever want to see Zelda reach rated M.
- Futuristic Zelda - I would not like a sci-fi Zelda. It would spell the end for the series. I mean Epona becoming a motorcycle? No thanks.
- Link talking - As many other fans feel, since Link has never talked before, I'm not sure he should in the future. Other voice-overs for tertiary or even secondary characters would be fine.

Those are the basics for me.

S

Sly

A M rating would ruin everything also Sci Fi would too.
Link talking would ruin the series and the whole Role Playing gaming aspect.

Kybyrian

Link talking as said before.
M Rating.
Futuristic aspects.

Edit. Something else I wouldn't like to see is a 1st person Zelda game. I would still play it, but I would hope it would at least have an option between 3rd or 1st person.

Last edited:
Hm, I'm not sure if we have a topic like this or not, I can't find one, so I guess it's fine.

- Rated M ESRB rating - As I've said before, I don't ever want to see Zelda reach rated M.
- Futuristic Zelda - I would not like a sci-fi Zelda. It would spell the end for the series. I mean Epona becoming a motorcycle? No thanks.
- Link talking - As many other fans feel, since Link has never talked before, I'm not sure he should in the future. Other voice-overs for tertiary or even secondary characters would be fine.

Basically the same for me. All of those things would hurt the quality of the series in my opinion. But also, something else I hope never happens to a Zelda game: being in first person. I prefer 3rd person for all games, and something like Zelda would, I think, be devastated by a transition to first person.

Claire

The Geekette
I do not want to see another, over-helpful sidekick.
I am sick and tired of attempting to go through a game and someone shouting all the answers to me every single time. What fun is that? I want to think and solve the puzzles, and I want to find the locations for myself.

I do not want to see easy puzzles.
I want to become so frustrated from a puzzle that I develop a headache, thinking and trying different methods for hours. I want to think for myself, and not have another sidekick think for me.

I do not want a short game.
I want a game that takes me months to complete, that when you wake up in the morning thinking about the massive amount of trials and area in the game drive you to the point where you just have to pick up a controller and see if you can reach the end in 12 hours or more.

I want a game that is lengthy, difficult, and filled with puzzles. Is that too much to ask?

I do not want to see another, over-helpful sidekick.
I am sick and tired of attempting to go through a game and someone shouting all the answers to me every single time. What fun is that? I want to think and solve the puzzles, and I want to find the locations for myself.

I do not want to see easy puzzles.
I want to become so frustrated from a puzzle that I develop a headache, thinking and trying different methods for hours. I want to think for myself, and not have another sidekick think for me.

I do not want a short game.
I want a game that takes me months to complete, that when you wake up in the morning thinking about the massive amount of trials and area in the game drive you to the point where you just have to pick up a controller and see if you can reach the end in 12 hours or more.

I want a game that is lengthy, difficult, and filled with puzzles. Is that too much to ask?

There's my opinion. My wonderful opinion.

As stated previously, I would not like to see an M rated Zelda game, also as said, I think that that rating would sort of destroy some of the feel of Zelda.

I would not like a Zelda game that is easy and can be completed in a matter of hours or days. As Lenora said, I would like a game with challenging puzzles and the like, albeit large ones.

I would not like another character like Navi or Ceila. Both annoyed me, because they were always pointing out the obvious, and telling you everything you either already know, or could find out on your own. Navi did this much more, however I still didn't care for Ciela too much.

I would also not want to see items that have hardly any use, or are used once and that's it, there's no use for them. I would rather have items that you can discover other uses for them.

I don't want Navi back.
I don't want Tingle back.
I don't want easy dungeons.
I don't want easy to defeat enemys.

Claire

The Geekette
I think we have enough of Ganon - so no more Ganon.

:)

Really? I cannot even begin to imagine never coming across Ganon/Ganondorf in any shape or foam in the future. Whether that means fighting, or a simple little "Game Over" scene where you see his silhouette. To me, Ganon/Ganondorf is one of those characters, that if taken from the series, would absolutely change the series in a way that I cannot even begin to think of. To me, it would be like replacing Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom