• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What DIDN'T You Like About a Zelda Game?

Another example is, and I think this has been mentioned before, linearity. I like to be able to go where I want, when I want in a video game. I think Nintendo cost some zelda titles some points with this regard. Like in Twilight Princess, you couldn't leave Faron Woods until after you get the Fused Shadow. You could argue and say that you couldn't go on to Kakariko without it, but the Fused Shadows don't really have a purpose until the end of the game, so that's not necessarily true. After all you could always go back and get it when you need to.

I disagree. while non-linear games are best, linear games are fine, too. I just wish they were more clever with blocking you off. most of the time the only thing stopping you is Minda. it would be much better if there was a physical obstical that was blocking you, not just a nagging "Helper".:lol:
(the quotes around helper are there because i don't thing the helpers help very much.)

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
Heros Temporis, I actually agree with everyone of the points you made (although I'm indifferent about the mirror shield) I can't say how many times I wanted to draw back an arrow in Ocarina of Time or draw one on the boat in The Wind Waker. Most of the things are nit-pick though and don't take away from the games in the least bit.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
There's always a few things we don't like in a game. :3

Ocarina of Time
-Link's scream when he falls off a really high ledge
-The way Like-Likes would eat you up and spit you back out... 10 feet into the air.
-Slow text (And if you press B, the entire thing flies by, so you can't read it)
-Inability to skip cutscenes (This, combined with the slow text, makes for a somewhat boring game the second time around)
-The slight lag between firing magic arrows (You can only shoot one at a time, unlike regular arrows that were able to be rapidly shot)
-The fact that you can't sheathe your sword right away (You have to wait until the A button says "put away)

Majora's Mask
-The Skullfish in Great Bay
-All dungeons are reset after playing the Song of Time (If I want to do something, like go Goron Racing, then I have to defrost Snowhead first... To do that, I'd have to go beat Goht. To get to Goht, I'd have to roll all the way up to the top of the Snowhead mountain... And before I can go Goron Racing, I'll need to buy a Powder Keg. Argh.)
-The fact that you can't sheathe your sword right away (You have to wait until the A button says "put away)

Four Swords Adventures
-The item system (Only one item at a time?! WHAT?!)

The Wind Waker
-Sailing
-Finding Treasure Maps
-Salvaging treasure from the Treasure Maps
-The islands (They're so far away and broken apart... It makes me miss the "real" Hyrule. D:)
-SEAHATS (I don't even want to talk about this one...)
-The fact that you can't fight and sail at the same time
-The cannon controls
-The limited swim meter
-Slightly different controls than other Zelda titles (For example, the rolling. You can't roll right away; you have to start running first.)
-Changing the wind direction
-Aiming (It goes... really fast. D:)

Twilight Princess - Wii
-Pointer controls (But I turned the pointer off, so it's okay. :D)
-Shield Attack is harder to do (Sometimes, you end up doing a Spin Attack)
-Can't backflip off of Epona whenever you want (You have to wait until an enemy is there)
-Boss battles are extremely easy
-Rollgoal
-Right-handed Link and mirrored game (This only slightly bothers me)

Twilight Princess - GameCube
-Rollgoal

Phantom Hourglass
-Temple of the Ocean King

Spirit Tracks
-The slow train

That's basically all that comes to mind right now. I've played other Zelda games, but I can't think of anything to put for them. But the good always outweighs the bad when it comes to Zelda. :D

Last edited:

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
I don't like the item system in the GB games, I hate the bosses in TP they're to easy. I hate the Ocean King temple in PH, I don't like the monster trains in ST. Everything else...fine.

D

DemOnicxFEAR

Well what i didn't like was the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time and the lack of mini quests in twilight princess, I mean ya there was plenty of quest in it but not enough to take a brake from the main quests. What i want is to bring back the hammer from Ocarina of Time.

D

derkcloud

Oot: Iron boot switching obviously, and how the jars right before the boss rooms always had friggin' rupees.
MM: GORON RACES(Don't get me started) and how every time you unfroze something with a Fire Arrow, it had its own cutscene
WW: Tingle
TP: No upgrades for Wolf Link, how the final blow was pretty much useless once you got the Master Sword

for me it would be the fact that the sidequests can get a bit repetitive, what i mean by that is you pretty much have to do everything for people, pick up their chickens, sell their masks, this and that, nobody in Hyrule ever does anything for themselves, they just rely on some random guy in green with a sword and shield to solve their problems, yea you get rewarded for them but still. so far Termina seems to have the most indipendent people, people at Hyrule are just lazy

I really didnt like the bottom of the well in MM.

you have to keep getting items for gibdos and keep going back somewhere to get something different

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are many great posts here, but I'm just suprised that no one has mentioned that in TP, when your wallet is too full, you can't keep the rupees you get in treasure chests if it's value is greater than the space you have left in your wallet. I found that VERY annoying.

And to Petman1325, I got your message, and I understand. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

P

ppi80

I really disliked the biggoron sword sequence in OOT and I think you should have been able to buy it - the giants knife was stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom