• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What celebrities have you met?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
pathsarp.jpg mariomemartha.jpg
I met Mario from The Only Way Is Essex once, in a club. He was a ****. There is a photo somewhere but I wouldn't be able to find it.

I found the picture, I'm the girl on the right, I was 18 there (bottom)

I also have a picture with myself and the DJ and Funhouse presenter Pat Sharp from around the same time ( top). I was extremely drunk and he practically had to hold me up but in my defence, it was freshers week. I can't find the photo of that one in particular but I have another group one.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I've "met" Nathan MacKinnon, he went to the high school I would have gone to.
I met Pat Stay, anyone familiar with the rap battle scene probably knows him.
I've met @Philosophies About Bok Choy, hes a famous ZDer.

Quite a few. Mostly I got their autographs not pictures with them. I'll list as many as I can remember in a spoiler as not to spam the topic. All of these people I have met eprsonally for at least a minute and had a few words to say to them. Feel free to take a look if interested.

Many of the people listed are Australian, so you might not know who they are. I am going off memory here so I might forget a few.

Cooks and Chefs
  • Ainsley Harriot
  • Maggie Beer
  • Matt Moran
  • George Calombaris
  • Gary Meigan
  • Gabriel Gate
  • Jamie Oliver
  • Anna Gare
  • Iain Hewittson
  • Diminique Rizzo
  • Alistar McLeod
  • Ed Halmagyi

Singers and Bands
  • Simple Plan
  • Human Nature
  • Scissor Sisters
  • Sheppard
  • August Way
  • The Living End
  • Naturally 7
  • Darren Hayes
  • Alex Lloyd
  • Delta Goodrem
  • Shannon Noll
  • Anthony Callea
  • Kate Miller-Heidke
  • Carl Riseley
  • Damien Leith

Athletes
  • Glenn McGrath
  • Adam Gilchrist
  • Matthew Hayden
  • Leroy Loggins
  • Leigh Matthews
  • Michael Voss
  • Justin Leppitsch
  • Simon Black
  • Jason Akermanis

Actors
  • Simon Baker
  • John Howard

Politicians
  • Campbell Newman
  • Graham Quirk
  • JP Langbroek
  • Julie Bishop
  • Barnaby Jouyce
  • Warren Truss
  • Paul Pisasale

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've been doing conventions for the past 12 years... so the short answer is yes, and quite a lot of people. Outside of conventions, I've met a couple of people at a play (Alyson Hannigan who was doing the play, and Jason Priestley who was just in the audience - probably because Luke Perry was also starring in it, but I didn't meet Luke in person), a couple outside their hotel when they were in town.

For the full list of people (right now I'm at 185), I'll just link my website... and for photos, I'll also link my website because there just are way too many of them.

I've mainly had some really pleasant encounters with them, some longer than others, some shorter than others. Some of the really nice ones include Clare Kramer, Felicia Day, Nathan Fillion, Eliza Dushku, Sean Gunn, Anthony Head, Catherine Tate, Arthur Darvill, David Bradley, Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, James Marsters, Juliet Landau, Amy Acker, Andy Hallet, Jewel Staite, Morena Baccarin, Summer Glau, Neil Roberts, Mark Sheppard, Dichen Lachman, Miracle Laurie, Holly Marie Combs, Brian Krause, Robert Englund, Aaron Douglas, Neve McIntosh, Catrin Stewart, Rose Leslie, Lea Thompson, Sherilyn Fenn, aaaaand the list is already growing way too long... Just know there are a lot of really nice and friendly celebs out there :)

The only encounter I would classify as "bad" was Michael Gambon (Dumbledore) who just mainly ignored the people coming to meet him.

Reactions: Dio
Tell us more about that meeting! I'd like to know some about Mr. Baker. :)
He was on holiday back in Australia inbetween seasons of the Meantalist. I only got to talk to him for a short time, as it was one of those random advertising events. Advertising his show and other things. I was able to say hello and few words. That's about it. I didn't know it was happening till I saw it. While being out and about. I did hang arount for a bit seeing how he chatted to the others there. He seemed like the nicest bloke around. Totally worth meeting him, as I am a huge fan of his work.

Reactions: Pen

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I used to live across the street from Aaron Volpatti, who played for the Vancouver Canucks. I met him several times.

I was in a mall and met the guy that played Esteban in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody. I had an autographed picture but idk what happened to it.

I met Miley Cyrus once, but it was pretty brief, and it was before she first cut her hair. I don't have any pictures, sadly.

Jake Gyllenhaal was on my flight to New York. He was in first class, happened to catch a glimpse of him as we were leaving the plane, idk if that counts as "met".

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
I actually just remembered one, if it counts as "meeting". I went to one of Gavin Harrison's drum clinics once. If you don't know who that is, he played drums for Porcupine Tree for most of the 2000's, and is one of the greatest drummers of our time. I didn't really get to meet him since there were hundreds of people at the clinic and I was sitting near the back, but it was a great experience nonetheless. Although I don't consider him to be much of a celebrity these days, I consider him more of a teacher even though I idolize him immensely.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Didn't you go to high school with the heir to McCains oven chips or something? That counts right?
No, but the McCains did send their kids to my school when my dad went there. Oh, and the Irvings (oil company in Canada), and Olands (own moosehead beer) went to my school with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom