• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Your Biggest Fail Moments in Video Games?

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
I was playing Oracle Of Ages on an Emulator. And one thing to note is DO NOT OPEN YOUR MAP IT WILL FREEZE THE GAME.
Map=Ok. Changing floors=Freeze

Well I was playing AoL and made it all the through Death Mountain made it to the hammer and got it. But on the way out I had forgotten one of the Dairas had glitched into the floor and it was back... I'm sure you can figure out what happened there.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
In the third dungeon of TP, I made Link dive from really high up, down onto the pavement. It killed him. The skullfish then swam up to the edge of the pavement where Link was laying in an attempt to kill him some more. I didn't actually try to make Link do this. I was just running too close to the edge and Link decided to commit suicide.

Zaeker

Overlord of Userbars
When I was playing Animal Crossing: Wild World and I had been waiting for 2 months for Pascal to appear so I could
give him the scallop and get the golden axe.
And after 2 months he finally showed up and I
got the golden axe!
Then I realized I had homework to do for school and switched off my DS... without saving!!

I was so mad when I turned on my DS again, didn't have the golden axe and Resetti popped up...

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I played Sphinx and the Cursed mummy for hours while ignoring the save statues because I thought it would have some auto save points. Then I died by missing a simple jump and was put back at the last statue that I saved at which was the beginning of the game. 5 hours of gameplay was wasted and I was very pissed.

And one time my MM game freezed and I had to reset to play the game again. Too bad I saved at an owl statue and had to do all the stuff in the mountains again to get to snowhead temple -.-

D

Deleted member 6224

Or I get really into a dungeon, only to find that I DON'T HAVE A SMALL KEY.

That's happening to me right now in oot I'm in the fire temple and I don't have a key that I need

And I was also playing pokemon crystal and I Finnaly got into kanto when I was 5 and I dropped my gameboy down the stairs lost all my data an the game wasn't able to sav ever again

The only real funny one for me was while I was playing inFAMOUS. I was on top of probably the largest building in the game and went to do a thunder drop onto the ground below but misjudged when to start the thunder drop and I landed right into a canal of water that was near the building, and that resulted in instant death since you control someone that can control electricity.

S

s4ad0w

The only thing I can think of is a time while playing Majora's Mask. I wasn't paying attention when the Skull Kid dropped the
Ocarina, and so I didn't know where the $#%@ it was... I ended up letting the moon hit the earth. I was mad.

Another time was in the Deku palace, I had entered the dungeon fairly late in the cycle, and I was close to the end of the cycle, thinking I'd keep my bow even though the moon CRASHED into the world! When I looked at the menu and I had no bow... I was pissed to say the least

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
This wasn't really something that was directly my fault, but it was the most aggravating gaming experience I had. I was playing Fable III and had reached the big battle where I storm the castle to overthrow my brother. I was jumping over this stack of sandbags and all of a sudden I was below game-surface suspended in midair and stupid me I pressed "save" before restarting the game and the game opened with me suspended-midair unable to do anything (afterwards I realized the auto-save would've saved the game at that point anyway so nothing I'd have done would've made a difference).

Searching the web I found out this was one of the big glitches in the game, and usually if you invited another player into your game and had the player buy something from a stall or dig something from a digspot, you would get back on track, but being mid-battle there were no digspots or stalls available... I tried and tried again cause seriously, I wasn't about to let all those hours of gameplay go to waste, but nothing I did made any difference. Then amazingly enough a cut-scene was triggered of the wall being blown up and suddenly I was back on game surface with my character and could continue the game. Never been so relieved before in my life.

I also had a screw-up with OoT3DS cause I had played for a while and managed to hit the power-button before saving and I couldn't figure out how to get back to my game to save, luckily I hadn't been playing *that* long, but still... be careful with that power-button :S

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I once got a new copy of Spyro 3 (the stupid PSX wouldn't play the old one for whatever reason) and it turned out to have a massive bug that took you back to the first hub-world and erased all your save data on whichever file you're playing as soon as you step on the 3rd hubworld. I would name them but I haven't played the game in, like, 6 or 7 years.

That teached me to NOT TRUST PIRATE COPIES (it's legal where I live).

I would say I pokemon Red, as a child I would sometimes like to re-start my games and play from the very beginning, but not save so when I turned the game back on I had all my old Pokemon... But one time i accidently saved over my game file.
Either that or when I accidently released my Zapdos and saved. I was a dumb kid.

T

Toon Link 989

Well, one time I was playing Animal Crossing Wild World, and I went to show off my shark and I accidentally hit 'release'.

Phailz.

MW7

In OOT I was doing a 3 heart run and made it to Bongo Bongo without dying.. and then died. At Bongo Bongo!!! Seriously all that work for a save file that says 001. And it wasn't until 10 years later that I realized most people just reset the game from their last save to finish 000. Ahhhhh!

Also not really a fail since it's so hard, but I still haven't beat Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland in Banjo Tooie (not for the Jiggy or Cheato page). My favorite memory is what the Nintendo Power guide says about it, "The mouse works just like the mine cart but requires faster fingers." IMO "requires faster fingers" is the biggest understatement of the last century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom