• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Planning On/actually Doing with Your Life?

Pretty big question, I know. I'm at that age where the question sits at the forefront of your mind (19) and wanted to see what the rest of you were doing.

I'm working on becoming a professional musician and writer, among other things.

what do I actually plan on doing with my life?

not much... prolly buying some alcohol, getting preggers, and let the hard earn taxpayers monies take care of me.

Now as for what I'm currently working to achieve? Haha thats a far better answer.

I am in school currently getting ready to transfer to a university... I am very close to a degree in Behavior and Sociology. And I am 1 class away from transfering, I already have a degree in Deaf Studies. And I am hoping to become an Occupational therapist... IF I cannot achieve that goal then I will probably settle for ABA (applied behavior anaysis) and then my husband and I will start our beautiful family. Hes working hard to become a cop, so who knows where I'll be living. But As long as I'm with him I'll be happy.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Hm, lets see... career wise? I plan on graduating from college with a Bachelors degree in Psychology and then I'm thinking about possibly transferring to another university to get my Masters and my Ph.D. I would like to find a job as a counselor after my schooling is finished though. Where exactly? I don't know. Hopefully the economy will improve (A LOT) after school is over. *prays*:angel: Also, there still voice acting that I would like to pursue in the future too...I'm definitely not forgetting about that. As for marriage and number of kids:

....I don't know. I'd like to have 2-3? (<- Kids, not marriage. I only want to get married once!)

Last edited:
At 15, I'm not sure exactly what I want to do with my life, but I do kind of want to be either a GSO Officer (Helicopter pilot) in the Army, or a federal police officer.

Right now though, I'm just trying to find a job in the first place.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I am 13, so this can be a hard question. I am currently doing awesome in my education, but I would love to take graphic design and animation classes. My dream job is to be able to work in an animation office to create animations for video games or movies.

Beeker

Wild Card
I am currently doing awesome in my education, but I would love to take graphic design and animation classes. My dream job is to be able to work in an animation office to create animations for video games or movies.

Same here. While I'm still not completely sure of what I want to do, I've always had an interest in cartoons and animating, so I'd like to do a job like that. Something along the lines of that, anyway.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I will be done with my marketing degree by December. Then I will get a "real" job. I have no idea at this point what that will be or entail! What I'd like to do is do photography full time, but at this point and time, it will not be feasible for us. It's a dream, not really a practical one :)

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
What I'd like to do is do photography full time

DO IT.

I'm going to graduate in.. erm.. hopefully a year or so, I'm trying to graduate early from my 5 year Bachelors of Architecture program, but it's looking harder and harder every semester. After that I will go to work for an architectural firm in the San Antonio-Austin metropolitan area. I'd work any where from Hondo (just south of San Antonio) to Round Rock (just north of Austin) and live in San Antonio with my girl friend whom I will most likely be supporting through medical school :/

I'll work at say... 4 different architecture firms and stay with one of them for at least 20 years. Hopefully Lake Flato. :)

Sounds fun to me. I don't really have any desire for kids. And biological desire to spread my seed is overcome by my fear of being responsible for something >_> I'll get married... at some point. Social expectations require me to have a job before I propose so I will have been dating my girlfriend for 1...2...6 years, at which point it will be a formality. So ya.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I'm only 15 years old and in my sophomore year in high school, so I still have a variety of options. However, I would like to get a Ph.D on Chemical and Physical Engineering or get involved with Computer Programming. Those are my interests so far.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yay! I wanted a thread like this to come up. ^^

Well...I sort of planned out my life when I was 4...and the plan stands the same so far...

I am 13, yes. But my life is still planned out. :xd:

I want to grow up and go to university (preferably a very good one) and study medicine for several years, to become a paediatrician! ^^ I love children and all things science, especially medicine. That is the part I am definitely going to do, I will, just you see...well if for some reason I don't make it to that level, I want to be a physcologist or a midwife...if all else fails then I'd like to do interior design or photography or drama and music.

This part I want, but if may not happen. I want to get married, I would love to meet someone who I have a lot in common with, like a similar intelligence level, interests that I have...like Zelda and science etc. I want to have children (but that's not always possible) I want to have a big house and garden with a big family and lots of pets. ^^ If I get all that I will be the happiest person on this planet! :xd:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I plan on co-starting a company with two of my friends where we will create games/consoles/computers and other electronics. The majority of the money we will make will go to programming new games, releasing updates for older games/consoles, etc. and the rest will go to a decent home, food, and other crap that we in our regular lives have to pay.
Lots of progress so far as to coming up with ideas for storylines and gameplay for possible games to be released if any of this stuff actually happens. Being a huge computer nerd, I know we will get at least partially there.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb

Haha! Thanks! I appreciate your support :)

Sounds fun to me. I don't really have any desire for kids. And biological desire to spread my seed is overcome by my fear of being responsible for something >_> I'll get married... at some point. Social expectations require me to have a job before I propose so I will have been dating my girlfriend for 1...2...6 years, at which point it will be a formality. So ya.
Eh, a job is overrated ;) Well, I guess not really, but you know :)

G

Gaspra

Accounting :) Waiting for my acceptance letter to a school where I'd get in a program where I can get a masters in around 3 years, go to graduate at Columbia. Preferably in something more fun but... hey, if you're good at it, right?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
What am I doing with my Life Currently?

I graduated in 2009 with an Economics/History Degree from the University of Illinois and I'm currently at National-Louis University getting my Masters Degree in teaching. I should be done with my program, getting my certification this June, at which I can then get a job in a high school as a math teacher. I'll be completing the Masters portion of the degree anytime in the next few years as I just need to take 4 additional classes after I get certified this June.

What I am doing now is... well graduate school. However, I'm currently making a living as a part time employee at my local High School, working with some of the after school clubs. That, along with some money I make seasonally as a certified Baseball Umpire, and the money I make from advertisements on Zelda Dungeon is more than enough to keep a stable income.

What I am Planning to do?

Ideally, it would be nice to get a full-time math teaching job at my local high-school, while also keeping enough time on the side to continue to manage and work on Zelda Dungeon. I'd like to do this for at least the foreseeable future. Perhaps the next 5 years at least.

What I want to do?

I have plenty of goals/dreams in my head that I could list that are somewhat realistic. A close friend of mine and I have had plans of opening our own Theatre, as well as our own Video Game Arcade. I'm not sure if these will ever come to fruition but we talk about it all the time. If the situation ever presents itself, we will go through with it.

Another ambitious idea I have is that I'd like to run for public office and I think I will sometime in my life. A state congressmen or state senator is something realistic that I have my eye on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom