• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom What Are You Doing in TotK?

arrived at lookout landing for the first time and a guy screamed at me in all caps i guess everyone still thinks im dead

well im just here for hestu

was doing some great plateau sidequest and oh my godddd this was the actual worst sequence of events i initiated the call of the depths quest right so becauae i have no paraglider i was making some errands to get some fairies and then talked to "the beckoning woman" so i took a whole detour to finish this questline and i was already annoyed... but i dropped all the eyeballs down their respective chasms and i guess they despawned so when iw ent down a chasm to find the one i dropped, it wasnt there so i had to reload and then i was trying to deliver it to this statue and i touched a thing and found the autobuild rune and it was dragging me through a bunch oftutorials and then a damn bossfight and im JUST TRYING TO DELIVER A FRICKIN EYEBALLHOPING IT DOESNT DESPAWN AGAIN this was literally korok puzzles levelof suffocation to the extremo holy **** im so exhausted

but hey i was right about a hunch the hole kohga fell down led to the depths and he was gonna come back lol

anyway yes i decided to uh take a peek at lookout landing cuz someone told me hestu was here and im tired of not having any damn slots ....

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I was wondering if anybody had any tips for wagons? Today I'm trying to bring logs to lurelin but it ultimately ended in my horse being super slow, stopping every two seconds, and then my logs and wagon being set on fire and destroyed. I feel like maybe something went wrong here lol, the main problem tho is the horse being impossible to steer with wagon in tow

Ninja

Well well well
Spent some of my time yesterday hunting down armor sets. Was able to get the fierce deity set, phantom set, and completed the Zora & climbers. It’s definitely addicting chasing as much as I can because some of them are just badass looking.

Completed the rescue of the deku tree and was able to get the light dragon to lower. At that point I’d seen half of the memories and inferred that Zelda transformed herself. It was definitely impactful and was a great story touch. It’s a shame that the tears weren’t set in order, I know there was the mural but it would have been nice. Finished all 12 memories so now I’m ready to complete more of the main quests.

Did the rito and zora areas. I really enjoyed the wind temples boss fight. The water temple boss was meh however I do wish the temples were longer. The music is amazing and seeing the sage “passing the torch” was cool. Side note it was weird having a water temple in the sky.

So glad I’m taking my time with this game instead of rushing it. Will probably knock out one more temple tonight and keep shrine hunting and completing the great faries side quests.

I was wondering if anybody had any tips for wagons? Today I'm trying to bring logs to lurelin but it ultimately ended in my horse being super slow, stopping every two seconds, and then my logs and wagon being set on fire and destroyed. I feel like maybe something went wrong here lol, the main problem tho is the horse being impossible to steer with wagon in tow
I generally don't use wagons because of how hard they are to control, but it helps to have a horse with a strong "pull" stat.
For the Lurelin logs, I didn't think to use any sort of vehicle (temporarily forgot that was a thing I could do), I just went up to the area above the village that had normal trees, cut the required number down, glued them together with Ultrahand so I only had to make one trip, and then used said power to carry them into the village on foot. Maybe that's not the way I was supposed to do it, but it worked!
... I'm curious how the logs got set on fire. Lightning strike?

I beat TOTK today! It took me 12 days and 90 hours! I finished with 68 Shrines completed. The whole sky and surface map completed. All 24 Main Quests finished. 101 Koroks and 40.69% of the game complete! Also 18 hearts and 2 and half stamina wheels. The ending almost me me cry. I loved it!! Now to spend hours on the rest of the game in post game lol.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
View attachment 70989
No. Nope. I don't care what's in Korok forest. I don't need it that badly. No thank you sir. The last thing zelda ever needed to bring back was hand enemies.
In other completely unrelated news, I think I'm gonna go do the gerudo main quest now.
Oh it gets worse buddy.

You can encounter them randomly in the overworld on the surface or in the depths and then you have Phase Two of the fight that sometimes occurs if you beat them. Not gonna spoil phase two for you, but the loot drop is wonderful; especially useful loot if you are near max hearts.

And do enjoy the Gerudo Questline.

Last edited:
I’m really not looking forward to doing the rest of this one dungeon…last night I made it to the
Spirit Temple…I don’t know why everyone says it’s so disappointing and that it’s only one room. You have to build this robot in the Depths and I am just not a fan. I mean, the Depths are fine as a concept but for me personally, I am afraid of the dark, especially of large open places like this. I got one arm, was going for the other thinking I’d drop down this pit and use ascend to get into the room only to end up on top of dueling peaks…just blegh.

But otherwise, this whole thing really makes me question what people actually want out of dungeons. I might not say these are my favorites of the series, but I’m glad they are trying new things, thinking outside the box, even blending them a bit more seamlessly into the overworld. I liked many of Skyward Sword’s dungeons better than a lot of other recent games, however they were still getting really stale by that time…and the fact so many cute Twilight Princess as an example of good design really has me scratching my head, wondering why anyone would want brain dead puzzles and progression so linear that you only ever find a key to a locked door within the same damn room.

Don’t get me wrong, I long for days where In Majora’s Mask a few had more interconnected puzzles and problems to solve, but I think TotK took what BotW did, trimmed the fat and took what worked well for the most part.

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I’m really not looking forward to doing the rest of this one dungeon…last night I made it to the
Spirit Temple…I don’t know why everyone says it’s so disappointing and that it’s only one room. You have to build this robot in the Depths and I am just not a fan. I mean, the Depths are fine as a concept but for me personally, I am afraid of the dark, especially of large open places like this. I got one arm, was going for the other thinking I’d drop down this pit and use ascend to get into the room only to end up on top of dueling peaks…just blegh.
Really? I just stumbled across it by accident last night and i thought it was amazing. The part delivery puzzles were incredibly clever and the reward is fantastic. It's been one of my favorite parts of the game so far. I had no idea it was a thing so it was a splendid surprise, though one i kind of wish id saved for after i did the four regions lol. Also, i found that dueling peaks ascend spot too, but you know you can press b to back out of ascend right? You arent forced to exit up there. Also, the spirit temple and the construct factory definitely count as a single dungeon together. I wouldnt say its only one room.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
Really? I just stumbled across it by accident last night and i thought it was amazing. The part delivery puzzles were incredibly clever and the reward is fantastic. It's been one of my favorite parts of the game so far. I had no idea it was a thing so it was a splendid surprise, though one i kind of wish id saved for after i did the four regions lol. Also, i found that dueling peaks ascend spot too, but you know you can press b to back out of ascend right? You arent forced to exit up there. Also, the spirit temple and the construct factory definitely count as a single dungeon together. I wouldnt say its only one room.

To be fair : that dungeon is supposed to be kind of a mega dungeon that makes use of all three map areas. You go to the Zonai Ruins on the surface to unlock the way to the sky. Complete the sky and you unlock a secret route to the depths. Assemble the construct and fight your way through the depths to the final boss. It was a dungeon to explore all three planes of the map space and give you three large puzzles in the form of the Zonai Ruins, the Sky Islands, and the build-a-body in the depths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom