• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are You Afraid Of?

What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid of heights.
One time my Dad took me to Water World, and we had to climb all these stares to get to the water slide
And I looked down, but anyway I went down the slide, later my Dad asked me if I wanted to do it again, and I told him no way.

So heights are what scare me.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
honestly i'm afraid of dolls... yeah i get so freaked out when i'm around dolls. i can't look at them, i can't get close to them, i dont want them touching me, crap i'm already freaking out at just the thought of dolls!!! someone save me!

whether they be porcealin or stuffed or barbies.

stuffed animals are fine but if it is in the figure if a baby or little girl or boy then keep it away PLZ!

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Well, I am afraid of two things sometimes.
I'm afraid I've water and heights. I'll talk about water first.

I am not really afraid of water, but I am slightly scared of deep water, since I've almost drowned many times, and my short height doesn't help me stay above the water. Other than that, I love splashing around in the water with my friends, but I get a little serious when somebody pretends/tries to dunk me or push me into deep or unsafe water, which really annoys people most of the time. But, if there were to say be a girl I really like, or somebody I wouldn't want to see me scared, I'd act natural and try not be scared. :P

Onto the next one, I am slightly afraid of heights. This is because I'm timid, and afraid I might fall, or, if I'm standing on a high building with people I barely know or silly people. I usually have a fear of them being stupid and trying (or again, pretending to) push me. When I went on a school camp once, I had to do seiling (can't really remember what it's specific/real name was), where I had to use a rope and climb down an extremely high building. I was actually scared at first, but all the ropes and extra security kept me going and it turned out to be quite easy and fast. Again, like with water, if a person I wouldn't want to see me scared, I'd act brave and whatnot. :P

Well, I guess that concludes my long "speech". But as I get older, my fear of these things are getting better and better. In the long run though, I'm not extremely scared of either of these things, but I couldn't really think of anything that I am extremely scared of. ^^

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I do have three minor phobias, but, they are for certain events. They would be Acrophobia, Claustrophobia, and Climacophobia. They don't happen often, but, when they do, I do get a bit paniked. Well, I'll describe them and their events.

My acrophobia is a minor case, in which I do have a fear of looking over balconies (I think there is a name for it, but, I am not sure about what it is). I tend to stay a distance from railings of balconies. I can stand on a balcony, but not near the railing. No, I do not have a phobia of railings.

My Claustrophobia is also a minor case. I don't mind for the sides of the walls, but, I care more about the ceiling of the environment. I wouldn't be afraid of a minivan, but, if you place me into a cardboard box, I would be a bit afraid. It started when me and my sister were playing a really long time ago (I was 4, maybe), and I got rolled up in the bed's comforter. I had no way of getting out, thus, creating claustrophobia.

My final one would be Climacophobia. For those who don't know what it is, it is the fear of climbing stairs. However, this is linked to my acrophobia. If it is a staircase consisting of multiple flights or a short 2-3 story flight, then, I'm good. If it is a tall, straight staircase, that gets me going...

So, those are my list of fears. I wish you don't use them against me (You can only use them if you're standing right next to me). The strange thing is that my Climacophobia just set in about 3 years ago. Is it common to randomly develop phobias out of the blue?

linkman8

True and Noble
I have Apiaphobia, the fear of bees. I hate them, and I freak out whenever I see one.
Second, I have a fear of bears, but I don't know the name of the phobia.
Third, (and the most common amongst people) is the fear of public speaking.

I have a couple of fears. First of all, I suppose I have a slight fear of heights, or depths if you want to get technical. But only once I reach a certain point. I'm fine if I'm climbing a tree, and I'm, say, 50 feet off the ground. But too much beyond that, or on a tree with sparse branches, I'm a bit uncomfortable.

Another is deep water. No, it's not that I can't swim. I'm perfectly ok with swimming, and I consider myself okay at it. It's that I don't know what's underneath me in deep water. I know it's silly, but even in my 10 feet-deep pond, I get a little freaked out.

Third, (and the most common amongst people) is the fear of public speaking.

Last is, of course, that. I've never really had to speak in front of lots of people before, but at gatherings and such, sometimes I'll be asked to say something in front of everyone. I just hate that.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I'm sure I have more than I can think of, but my number one fear is spiders.

I never used to be afraid of them. I was often the one called upon to remove them when people in my house found them. Unfortunately, one day I was cleaning out my basement cupboard, and one dropped out of the ceiling of it and landed on my face. It scurried around looking for an exit, and I was swatting at my face trying to get it off. I did, and calmed down and went back to cleaning the cupboard. I was a bit nerve-wracked then, but still okay.

Then, not even 5 minutes later, another spider jumped down and landed on my face. Well, that was it. I went into hysterics and was clawing at my face to get it off. I did, and I abandoned the cupboard job for that day, and this was the beginning of it.

A few short weeks later, I went to get a straw to put into a drink and right before I took a sip, I noticed something dark in the middle of the straw. I looked closer, and it was a spider. I was just about ill.

Not too long after that -- (last story, I swear!) I was going to blow my nose after sneezing, and as I brought the tissue to my face, there was a spider in it.

So, with all of this happening within the space of a month or so, I am now deathly afraid of spiders. My heart rate goes up when seeing them, and I have a shot of fear race through me. It takes me many minutes to get up the nerve to take them out with a tissue. Even then, I will get someone else to deal with it if I can, or trap it until someone can deal with it. I can handle onse that are the size of a pencil eraser or smaller, and one specific type I'm okay-ish with, but all others must die horrible deaths "at sea" in the toilet.

So, you can see how the increased size of the skultullas in TP, along with Armogohma freaked me out to no end! :)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Wide open spaces really freak me out, honestly. I wouldn't say I haave a fear of it, but I get really uncomfortable. That said, I also get really freaked out when I'm being surrounded by lots of things (usually man-made things. Things in nature don't usually bother me in this regard).

Similarly (or maybe the same :P), I have a huge fear of large cities. If it has more than 150,000 people, I tend to get really freaked out. I was 17 and in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and I started to cry. :P . I think I may somewhat be getting over this fear, but I'm not sure. Where I go to school is about 100,000, so I don't really get much exposure to large places (though it's much larger than where I am now at probably less than 20,000).

Driving on the highway during winter is a REALLY big fear of mine. I always had a fear of it, but after a girl I went to school with was killed in December, it shot through the roof. People are always speeding, which scares me enough, but with the ice on the road, it gets a bit much for me. Luckily, I'm not the one who has to drive. :P

There are definately other fears I have, but I wont' get into them.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I have three main fears. I try to make this story as short as possible :P

First of all i'm very afraid of bees, wasps and other buzzing, stinging, flying insects. I never liked bees, but since I was chased by an angry wasp because I tried to swat it away (the wasp followed me for several metres) I freak out when I hear or see a wasp/bee.

I'm also afraid of horses. I don't know why I have this fear, but I guess it's because I don't trust a horse. I don't want to stand close to a horse or touch it. The strange thing is I don't have a fear for donkeys :xd:

My weirdest phobia is the fear for balloons. When I was young I tried to sit on a balloon and of course it popped. Since then I'm scared of balloons. Just the idea that the balloon can pop next to my ears freaks me out. When I went on vacation with friends, it was someones birthday so the whole bungalow was filled with balloons for a week. I was constantly checking were all the balloons were and I tried to avoid them. So no balloons for me when there is a party :P

Well, I'm afraid of heights. I can stand heights if there is a rail, but sometimes, that doesn't work.
I am also scared of bugs.
Which means I freak out every time ants invade my house.
What? Ants aren't that scary? W-What are you saying?
S-Shut up!
Oh, I am also scared of spiders. A lot.

Y2K3, I shuddered when I read your post.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Hmmm...This is an actual thread where I had to think for a second...

I guess I am afraid of bugs, but only when they are inside, not when they are outside. I hate a spider on my wall. It just bugs me. And ever since "Drag Me To Hell" came out, I always think it is going to crawl up my nose...:sick:.

As for any other fears...I guess I would have to say stray big dogs. Probably started when a big dog attacked my mom and my dog Milo. Ever since then, if i see a big dog, you will see me walk in the opposite direction.

i think that is about it. Interesting thread.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
ZOMBIES
I love zombies. LOVE them. I'm very into anything with zombies. Unfortunately, they're probably the thing I fear most. When I was younger, Nemesis from Resident Evil 3 used to stalk me in my dreams. If I see zombies on tv or in a game, I have nightmares. I'm afraid of being alone at night for fear that zombies will attack me. And, of course, I'm afraid that I'll be attacked by them if I venture into a graveyard.

WATER
When I was about 2, I was thrown into a pool. When I was around ages 10-12, I was almost drowned by someone. I've had traumatic incidents with water, so I'm very scared of it. I don't do baths- I have to shower instead, so I don't get to do those girly bath rituals. I won't go into pools, either, nor will I go near a beach. Not being able to swim only makes it worse.

That's about it. I'm not afraid of bugs or animals or or heights or stuff like that.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

I find it a little difficult to think of something I'm afraid of. (I mean, heights are amazing! Come on!) However, I thought about it for a while and I think I've figured out what my greatest fear is.

My greatest fear is stupidity. I can't bear when people and things are stupid. I realize that, all the time, I'm trying to avoid stupidity. If I get my mind filled with all these stupid things I've been seeing, my mind goes into a - murky - state. It makes me feel so inferior and dark, I suppose. I'm not sure these are the absolute best words to describe it. >_< It's easy to tell when someone typing on the internet is stupid. It makes everything they write unbearable to read.

I suppose my fear of stupidity is generated by how much I like to think. Teachers always have that infamous line, "You're actually going to have to think for this!" Is that really such a bad thing? On another note, since I started playing the Fire Emblem series, I've spent a LOT of time thinking about the story of each game and the continuity of the series, which isn't something many people are brave enough to consider in Fire Emblem.

Claire

The Geekette
There is plenty that I fear, and I do not think there is not a reason for why I have such fears - since generally fears are influenced in some way.

I'm afraid of needles, simply because when I was younger - I had to get over 20 shots in my back, at the same time at my asthma & allergy doctor. I'm also afraid of ignorance, because I've encountered plenty of people within my family who skipped out on their education and are unsuccessful in life. I fear ignorance due to my desire to influence humanity in some form which is productive for the species.

Infertility is another one of my fears, since it is hereditary. My grandmother, mother, and 2/4 of my siblings have been been diagnosed with a blood condition which gives them a higher risk of miscarriage. I find it understandable to fear this, because of how common it is within my family. I'd love to have a family of my own someday and raise a child.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I"m afraid of heights and things with rabies. I just don't like the fact when I"m really high up, it gives me the feeling that I"m going to fall. I don't know about rabies, just an un-explainable thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom