• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Three Things You Are Truly Afraid Of?

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Not something like spiders, or the dark, but irrational fears that almost petrify you.

Very long Monotone Sounds. Low pitched, flat ones especially.

Really quiet, light rooms. Like when you wake up at noon and your house is really quiet.

Space. I'm fine with other people going, but count me out.

So, what are yours?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Dentists - which I know a lot of people would classify as an irrational fear (I've been severely mocked for it)
Submarines - I'm fine with holding my breath and diving under water, but I could never ever set my foot onboard a submarine, especially not if it was to dive below the surface
Outer space - I never ever want to go into outer space myself, not unless it was my ONLY way to survive and if I did, I'd be absolutely petrified

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Getting Alzheimer at an early age - I never really thought about it but my mother got it at an early age and it seems that my grandmother also seemed to have had it at an early age even though that's not very certain though
Getting a disease like Cancer - I'm not gonna lie. Sometimes the number of cancer patients explode rapidly and even though science has come a long way we still can't cure that disease completely. There are always risks to get it back or it being spread out to other areas of the body
Busses in the snow - I hate and despise busses. I really hate it and even though I often have to take one myself I just don't like it. And the idea of these things driving in the snow freaks me out completely. I rather walk the hole way by foot than sitting in the bus when it snows

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Insects and Arachnids - I've always been afraid of them for as long as I could remember. When I was a toddler, I didn't mind bugs so much, but that turned upside down when I was bit by a spider. I don't remember being bitten, but I have an indent in my leg as proof. My parents told me they were terrified when they found out. Now, I don't even go near any spiders or insects.

Anything Horror Themed - I hate horror movies so much that I wish they never existed. Honestly, if people on here think I have sick mind, the directors of those movies are 100 times worse. Even if they might be "true stories" the way they convey them is just... *shivers*

Death - I don't wanna die, simple as that.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I have no fears that paralyze me except for when people have seizures. I forget every thing that Im supposed to do to help and sort of freeze. Also needles :/

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Any sort of Mental Degradation: I am horrified by the thought of literally losing my mind and my intelligence. Not only is it dehumanizing, but it would be like death.

Mutilation: It seems horrendously painful, and again, dehumanizing.

Can't think of a third one as of yet...

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
1. Spiders. Yes, this is an irrational fear (they're tiny bugs, for crying out loud) but they absolutely petrify me. Once, my sister screamed "SPIDER" when there wasn't even one there and I was crying for 15 minutes.
2. Losing my friends. This is something I think about a lot, and it's usually the source of some pretty bad anxiety attacks.
3. The future. Driving, getting a job, doing adult things...it's something I think about to the point of where I'm so worried I'm not even sure if I want to live to become an adult.
The last two I'm mainly attributing to anxiety.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
death- i'm terrified for any of my family or any one that I particularly care about dying because I consider my life nothing with out them.
Immediate Danger- i don't care if its me but more for my family I don't want anything to happen to them ever. I would do anything to keep them safe
and I don't know how to describe it but have you ever seen criminal minds?? the killers in that show? yeah I'm horrified that they would do something like that to my family and my self..

I'm mainly terrified of something awful and terrible happening to my family. If something were to happen to them then my life as far as I'm concerned is over..

Dan

I have no fears, I'm not scared of anything except for hippos.
One of my other biggest fears are cyber bullies, they are quite a force to be reckoned with!

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Insects and Arachnids - I find them extremely creepy. I've always been scared of bugs. Even the tiny harmless ones. Arachnids though... just no. It's one of those fears that I've had since I was a child and it's embarrassing.

Losing Loved Ones - I've always been scared of losing friends and/or family by death or us just leaving each other behind. It's probably my worst fear. I've haven't lost anyone I've cared about by death yet, but I'm scared to. I can barely handle it when people leave me. I might turn into a wreck if they die.

Thunder and Lightning - Another childish fear that embarrasses me. I have always been scared of thunder and lightning and I don't really know why.

Honorable Mention!

My Future - I don't even have an idea of what my future will be like. Life after high school is just a black hole in my mind. It terrifies me.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Dentists - which I know a lot of people would classify as an irrational fear (I've been severely mocked for it)
Submarines - I'm fine with holding my breath and diving under water, but I could never ever set my foot onboard a submarine, especially not if it was to dive below the surface
Outer space - I never ever want to go into outer space myself, not unless it was my ONLY way to survive and if I did, I'd be absolutely petrified

I wouldn't go to space even if it was the only way to survive. Actually, a dream where that happens is one of the reasons I'm so afraid.

I have no fears, I'm not scared of anything except for hippos.
One of my other biggest fears are cyber bullies, they are quite a force to be reckoned with!

You said you had no fears and then you stated two. Of course I guess those fears are pretty rational, although I never got cyber bullies. Although it might just be because of my personality.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
The dark: It seems silly, but I really am terribly afraid of the dark. Its sort of like I'm afraid of the unknown, but I'm not afraid of the unknown. I'm afraid of what lurks in the dark, even though I know my house inside and out and I know there aren't creepy monsters in my house.

Hell: I'm afraid of going to Hell because its an awful place. And I am afraid of others going to Hell, because no one should go there. Its so horrible. :< I'm sad to know there are souls in Hell.

Not fulfilling what is expected of me: I'm expected to do a lot of things in life, but I'm afraid that I can't do them. And that's scary because I disappoint others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom