• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic What Are the Worst Classic Zelda Games (besides the Phillips CDI Ones) ?

J

jake

Now I know what your thinking how could there be bad classic Zelda game? Well I think that TAOL is the worst, but it's still good even it's harder than steel wearing diamonds covered in every piece of bullet proof glass on Earth. When I first played it I didn't really like it much. I felt that concept of icons touched you on the over world was really annoying, but I guess it was better than having to look at the over world itself because everything is shaped like a block, link can somehow be bigger than the towns, and how you are so restricted in the over world. Now I'm not going to say it's bad because it's a side scroller personally I think Nintendo didn't want rehash the same game but just pad it out with pointless side quests (Twilight Princess = Ocarina of Time). Now the difficulty levels are EXTREMELY HARD, now this doesn't make it a bad game but it doesn't make it a spectacular game either. What I mean is that when you combine the elements of upgrading with points combined with EXTREME DIFFICULTY gives the player repetition rather than enjoyment and the repetition can lead to frustration especially when you can lose all of your experience points. Now the good things about the game is how it introduced concepts to the Zelda franchise like towns and magic spells. That's my opinion of Zelda 2.:)

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I remember way back when I was 6 years old, my Mom bought me my first video game ever, Adventures of Link, as a prize for learning how to read. I was so excited because I was bored of Mario 1 that came with the NES lol. I would sit on the floor in front of the TV and she would sit on the couch and we would navigate the game together. We eventually beat the game as a team and that was my first zelda game experience. She later bought me LoZ for my Bday that same year and we had an absolute blast with that, even more fun than AoL. She would have the map all spread out directing me where to go, I would have the tips and tricks book open, blowing up secret passage ways and we went to town on LoZ. We beat it in one weekend. So I would have to say its a tuff call, but AoL would be the lesser game of the classics.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Oracle Of Ages. I somehow never got into it. Each game I played in classic was great gameplay and tons of fun features but Oracle Of Ages was not a game I loved as much as the other classic games. Not saying it was not good, just not as good as the other games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally I'd say the worst Classic Zelda, as far as fan reception, would be Adventure of Link. I mean, it's crazily hard (which is a good thing in my mind), you have almost no hints on where to go (they're that vague)...oh my gosh. A majority of the fans absolutely hated the game because of how hard it was, and I can empathize with them because I faced more than 100 deaths just trying to get to the second dungeon, I'm not kidding. :/

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
I would have to say AOL like a lot of other people. THe thing for me was that everybody specifically says "Don't go into caves without a candle" and "the candle is in Parapa Palace," but you have to go through a cave to get to Parapa Palace. It's just extremely vague.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I think they're all really good, but my personal least favorite(and I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this) is the original because it's virtually impossible to figure out what you have to do without using a guide.

F

Forever Impa

For me its AoL, hands down. But there's several contributing factors to that: 1. I was 7 at the time, 2. I never had walkthroughs/maps/ect, 3. I didn't have my own copy, so I only got to play at my godmother's house, every few weeks or so & would forget EVERYTHING in the meantime. So I gave up at 8 or so, and haven't looked back. In retrospect, if I were to try it now I'd likely enjoy it, but I don't know if I've really developed any patience so I might get frustrated before I can even start. :lol:

Of the classics, I would say Adventure of Link. I actually really liked the game, especially because of its difficulty. The thing that made it my least favorite was that there was no reason to play through it again. All the other Zelda games I've played had several side options that drew me back in for more. I regarded Adventure of Link as an excellent challenge, but when I finished it there was little reason to return other than being able to blow through the earlier bosses the second time through.

My 5 least favorite Zelda games have to be the Link's Awakening, the Oracle series, Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker. Horrible games in my opinion.

To be honest of the classic Zelda games, it's a direct tie between ALTTP, and MM. ALTTP had far too many dungeons. By the time you reach the dark world and beat 2-3 dungeons things hit you once, you lose a riddiuclous amount of life. It's just insane. I absolutely hate it, but I plan to beat it. And Majora's mask I just can't stand for some reason. I guess it's supposed to be great, I just can't get into it.

K

King Dex3

Out of all the classics I've played (That's all but the Gameboy/CD-i Games), my least favorite would have to be the original. Not that I don't like it; it's great. I just liked the others better.

(And fyi, I love AoL, even though I've never made it very far into it yet. I like the difficulty, gives a fun, yet frustrating challenge.)

The first one, hands down.
And ZeldaFan80, 1. you must have thought hard coming up with an original name like that, huh? 2. you should see a doctor, because you clearly have a problem with hating happiness and fun.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
Totally Majora's Mask, the time mechanic ruined the whole game.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
I've played through (obligatory list): The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, Majora Mask and Oracle of Ages (I'm planning to buy Skyward Sword soon).

While I must say that I love each of the Zelda games I've played through, as the exploring elements, the soundtrack, the dungeons and the overall atmosphere of the games are absolutely great, the first Legend of Zelda is, in my opinion, the worst one of them all.

I really like the first LOZ, especially as it partially fills the void in my body of not being absolutely free, offering me a world full of secrets and places to explore (a non-linear world, with no rules and where you can navigate everywhere when you want), but being the first one it is obviously worse than the Zelda games that follow it.
I admit it is the game that gives you the most freedom, but the lack of other things to do than to find your way to beat the game and discovering tons of secrets, like sidequests, and also the lack of character development, lots of towns, etc. makes it the less enjoyable experience of the six Zelda games I've played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom