• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Are Some Good RPGs?

Well there's the Dragon Quest games. And the Mario and Luigi RPG games are excellent especially Bowsers Inside Story. Yes, try that, Bowsers Inside Story

The Knights of the Old Republic games, Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Paper Mario games and the Elder Scrolls series to name a few. Although I personally don't much care for the Elder Scrolls games, a lot of people really like them.

If you aren't too fussy about a few glitches here and there, then The Elder Scrolls series from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind up to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are all really good games from experience, what my friends have said and what I have seem of the games being playing. I personally play The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, as it is the only one of the three I personally own but I think I'd enjoy it more than Morrowind anyway. It's a great game in my opinion, and a lot of the annoying glitches are removed in the Game of the Year Edition and any that are left over are fixed out by the Unofficial Patch that was created by the community. Another set of RPGs created by Bethesda Studios, the same company that made The Elder Scrolls, has also created Fallout. I'm not sure about the first two games, but I think that Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas are both really good. A lot of the DLC for all of these games is very enjoyable too, I've only come across one DLC on Oblivion which I dislike, it's a Horse Armor DLC. In the game the DLC is completely useless, so it doesn't really do anything to improve the quality of the game.

I've not played any of them, but I have heard that The Knight of the Old Republic games are all excellent games, and some friends have said that the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age series are both very good as well.

I personally prefer The Elder Scrolls games over the other ones that I have mentioned. I'm not sure if that is because I tend to prefer sword fighting style games over games that are FPS/shooting games. An exception to that is Borderlands, it's not a full RPG, but it does have quite a few RPG elements about it. It definitely ranks as one of my favourite games, but in my eyes the DLC doesn't really become good until The Secret of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution were released. If you do buy Borderlands, then I suggest that you go for those DLC first or just get the Game of the Year Edition.

Last edited:

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
As some people have said: Fire Emblem, Skyrim (I've never played it but i've seen the one before it. Its name escapes me)

But I'll bring up one no one has said, Dragon Age. I quite like Dragon Age: Origins a lot. If you want a game where what you say effects everyone, you got it. It has a great plot, great characters (I'm looking at you Alistair and Morrigan), and over all I think its a good game. c:

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 1
SW: Knights of the Old Republic
and TES4: Oblivion.
Skyrim is good too, but I feel like Oblivion had more to offer, and a had a better story, although Skyrim (being newer) does fix many things Oblivion fell short on. So try em both if you want. All these games are available for the PC.

The Kingdom Hearts series ain't bad either if you have a PS2 laying around, or the first gen PS3 with backwards compatibility.

Well guys, I forgot to say that I have played Pokemon extensively and I've also played Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas. I've also played Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
But I'll bring up one no one has said, Dragon Age. I quite like Dragon Age: Origins a lot. If you want a game where what you say effects everyone, you got it. It has a great plot, great characters (I'm looking at you Alistair and Morrigan), and over all I think its a good game. c:
"If one more servant asks me if I'd like a change in clothes, I will set the house on fire!"

It's been mentioned a few times. Yeah, Dragon Age: Origins is a good game to get into. I connected more with the player character in Dragon Age 2, but Origins is more about connecting with the companion characters, which 2 really failed at. The story in Origins is great and there's a very dark feeling to everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom