• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Was Skyward Sword better off as a book?

Do you think Skyward Sword was better off as a novel?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They should've just changed the game to make it better suited to being a game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think that they should've just changed the game to make it more suited to a game. There is so much emotion and romance going on that I think that it's better suited as a YA novel rather than a game. Nine crying scenes, flirtatious pushing off cliffs, and a guy clinging to his girlfriend post-credits for some reason, make the game better off as a novel. Also, this is not a Zelda game, they probably could've just made a novel out of this game with completely new characters, not a Zelda game. If they would've lessened the drama and romance to only a little amount, the game would've been better to play. And the characters just seemed too "realistic" to be cartoon characters, I think I would've been more comfortable if it was live-action, though I'm not saying I want a live-action Zelda but the way that these characters were scripted and how dramatic the game was makes them too "realistic" to be cartoon characters.

But if it was a book, they should develop it more, the game had plot holes in it, like for example, at the end, where Fi leaves Link for some reason I don't know, and what is Link's reason for staying on the surface at the end.

Do you think it should've been better off as a book or should it just stay a game? State your reasons as to why it should be a book or remain a game.

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Stop posting about SS we get it you didn't like the game jesus christ we do not care anymore, you're just being anal retentive over a game. A GAME.

Ninja

Well well well
No. Despite its heavy flaws, I would still have preffered to play Skyward Sword than to have read it.

What? No.

The concept was bad, the narrative, plot, characterisation and pacing were all bad.

Making anything more fleshed out still wouldn't make it any good. For SS to make a good novel the entire thing would need changed and by the end it'd be something different entirely.

So no. At the very most it could get away with being a crappy fanfiction.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The idea of a LoZ book in general is not a very good one, but could have very easily made a good book if it was on it's own and the Legend of Zelda did not exist. However, I'd rather play it than read it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom