• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Warp Time!

Hey Guys, Bay here....

So question... When you warp from one location to another in OoT, how long is Link in transit?

Do you think his warp from one destination to another costs him an hour, two hours, a couple of seconds, a blink of an eye? I ask this, because it has always perplexed me as a child that when doing these timed side quests (like the Big Goron Sword) where Link has to travel from Lake Hylia up a mountain, to the forest, ect... that when you have 2 or 3 minutes on your timer, and you warp... it automatically deducts the majority of your time, making it impossible to complete the sidequest via warping.

What are your views on this matter?

it's just a game mechanic that it resets the time on sidequests to prevent it from being too easy. obviously it wouldnt make sense to warp if you could get there faster on foot.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Warping should normally only take a couple of seconds- a minute, depending on th destination your going to.

Take for example Twilight Princess. It takes Link anywhere between a few seconds to a few minutes to warp from Ordon Village to anywhere outside of that province.

This is also the case in OoT. But I belive the timer decreases to stop players from cheating, not to symbolise the warp time frame. ;)

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I think it happens in a blink of an eye...

But of course the game mechanics decrease your time to prvent you from cheating ;D

Djinn

and Tonic
I have always liked the fantasy story mechanic of magic not being an exact science at all. That all success or failure when using it depends on the user, and then other forces like time of day, planetary alignment, mindset of the user, reciting the words perfectly every time (in this case playing the songs perfectly each time) are also factors. Utilizing mysterious unknowable forces for some specific purpose should never produce the exact same results every single time due to it's chaotic nature. I doubt the skill of bending and twisting the fabric of space and time with a song to move from one place to another could ever be "exact" anyway. Plus there is the fact that the songs are being played on the ocarina of time. There has to be some subtle manipulation of time when it comes to that instrument no matter what type of magic is used.

So warping from one location to another could take anywhere from a minute to an hour to eight minutes before the song was even played. But as long as the warping to the determined location was achieved, then it was a success. To the person being warped it was still a quicker trip since it was instantaneous. Meanwhile to everyone else it could have taken just as much time of day as it would have to just run there.

Other than that, I believe it was implemented for the Biggoron sword quest. The quest would be over too quickly if you could just warp to these locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom